TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank
Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:although i would have fought against you...i wish i could have been there! the battles at ti alloys are always so intense! the road is designed in a way that you get a sort of tower defense feel. heavy assaults get a long warning before an enemy vehicle arrives but if they dont take it out fast, half your guys die before its taken down. everyone is always squeezed into that tight spot between the buildings and the cliff on the west side of the base.
TI Alloys is great. It's my favorite base in the game for both attacking and defending. I was a bit worried that with the warpgate rotation I wouldn't get over there very much, since it's now on the other side of the Crown from us, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :D
The crown can be owned by anyone, and anyone who fights at the crown will no doubt also fight at TI Alloys :P It's a very important place to have if you plan on holding the crown for a while. So is watchtower. Anyone who owns watchtower could easily take the crown by simply building a tank line and charging down the hill south of the crown. However, a tank line coming to take the crown from TI alloys doesnt have much of a chance because the bridge is so easy to defend. It's pretty rare to go over that bridge with out getting blown to bits my tank mines.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:23 pm

March 17: Played HA at the Vanu Archives, which we were defending. Not much to say. I got 23 kills in about an hour of play, which I consider pretty good. NC MAXes are insane. That's about it.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:although i would have fought against you...i wish i could have been there! the battles at ti alloys are always so intense! the road is designed in a way that you get a sort of tower defense feel. heavy assaults get a long warning before an enemy vehicle arrives but if they dont take it out fast, half your guys die before its taken down. everyone is always squeezed into that tight spot between the buildings and the cliff on the west side of the base.
TI Alloys is great. It's my favorite base in the game for both attacking and defending. I was a bit worried that with the warpgate rotation I wouldn't get over there very much, since it's now on the other side of the Crown from us, but that doesn't seem to be the case. :D
The crown can be owned by anyone, and anyone who fights at the crown will no doubt also fight at TI Alloys :P It's a very important place to have if you plan on holding the crown for a while. So is watchtower. Anyone who owns watchtower could easily take the crown by simply building a tank line and charging down the hill south of the crown. However, a tank line coming to take the crown from TI alloys doesnt have much of a chance because the bridge is so easy to defend. It's pretty rare to go over that bridge with out getting blown to bits my tank mines.
You can't pull tanks from TI alloys, only flashes and sunderers.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:35 pm

most of the time, whoever owns ti alloys most of the time also owns the biolab next door as well though.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:March 17: Played HA at the Vanu Archives, which we were defending. Not much to say. I got 23 kills in about an hour of play, which I consider pretty good. NC MAXes are insane. That's about it.
i wish i could say the same. you have to have extreme skills to survive as an nc max.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:06 am

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:March 17: Played HA at the Vanu Archives, which we were defending. Not much to say. I got 23 kills in about an hour of play, which I consider pretty good. NC MAXes are insane. That's about it.
i wish i could say the same. you have to have extreme skills to survive as an nc max.
Hahaha, the only reason you'd need extreme skill is because every single player on the opposing team knows just how stupid powerful NC MAXes are and instantly focus-fires you.

Put an NC MAX and ten enemy Heavies in the same room, the NC MAX walks out three seconds later and didn't even need to reload.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 pm

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Pat22 wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:
Hahaha, the only reason you'd need extreme skill is because every single player on the opposing team knows just how stupid powerful NC MAXes are and instantly focus-fires you.

Put an NC MAX and ten enemy Heavies in the same room, the NC MAX walks out three seconds later and didn't even need to reload.
Well I started playing as TR and it's a very hard transition from TR Maxs to NC ones. Chainguns to shotguns...

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Well I started playing as TR and it's a very hard transition from TR Maxs to NC ones. Chainguns to shotguns...
You mean the shotguns that murder everything within 10 meters in a single shot and fire so fast they might as well be automatics?

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Getting this free to play on Thursday.
Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Pat22 wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:
You mean the shotguns that murder everything within 10 meters in a single shot and fire so fast they might as well be automatics?
Well I've never been particularly good at close range combat which is what I thought the NC max was when I first joined NC. I also didnt realize I could spam shotgun shells at high speeds so I wasnt firing very often, making me the worst NC max on the field. Before I figured out how to play the class properly, I had become fed up with it and was already much more experienced with every other class. Even now I can do more damage as light assault or surprisingly, even medic. I'm just a terrible max.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:45 pm

March 22: I played Heavy Assault some, but I got frustrated because I kept meeting scatterMAXs, so I played as Infiltrator and ran around in territories way behind the lines where nobody was and hacked all their terminals.
Played some more. I didn't leave Vanu Archives for a good two hours. We were holding it against the NC for most of that, but then VS came in and managed to take the territory. It was an awesome fight though. The new NC rocket launchers seem to be able to land rockets on defenders inside the buildings at Vanu Archives when fired by people completely invulnerable on the ground below, which is a bit of a problem. They could kill us without leaving their cover.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:45 pm

What are the new rocket launchers?

EDIT: So the TR got rapid-fire, which is standard, NC got a redeemer missile, which seems OP, does it have a time limit or could you fly this thing to warpgate to warpgate? And VS got a charge-up lazor RPG gun.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Keon wrote:What are the new rocket launchers?

EDIT: So the TR got rapid-fire, which is standard, NC got a redeemer missile, which seems OP, does it have a time limit or could you fly this thing to warpgate to warpgate? And VS got a charge-up lazor RPG gun.
The Pheonix has a range and time limit but has the highest damage of all three.

The VS got an anti-vehicle sniper rifle.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 pm

NC one has a pretty short range, 300 meters (flight distance, not launcher to target), and the missile doesn't fly straight after that; it just disappears. That seems to be its main downside. The TR one can fire 5 shots in a row, but can't dumbfire and seems to do really crappy damage, at least from what I saw in my five minutes of testing in the VR. I haven't seen much about the VS but it doesn't appear to be very powerful.