TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by  ҉  » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 pm

December 9: Account TraatAdmiral is created. Game is completely unplayable even on lowest graphics settings.

February 21: My technical difficulties having been mostly resolved, I will likely be playing in a little while. IGN is TraatAdmiral.
Today I died eighteen times without getting a kill. My overall accuracy is 0.014%. I have abandoned the hope of getting kills and instead am going for seeing the enemy that kills me. So far, I haven't managed that very often.

February 22: I'm still not doing very well. I have an around 0.05 K/D right now. The good news is, I got some kills. I'm having a better time as a Medic than anything else, actually. Three of my four kills are as Medic. My sniper rifle just doesn't seem to have any firepower. I managed to get one kill with it, after landing three consecutive shots on an already mostly-dead enemy. I got a new scope for it, but as far as I can tell it doesn't actually do anything.
My final score is 6 kills and 124 deaths. That's 2 kills with my sniper rifle, 3 with my Medic's machine gun, whatever it's called, and 1 with my LA's machine gun. I also *almost* killed a tank, but someone else fired the final shot, so I just got an assist. I have 73 Certs, 30 of which I have spent, and I'm Battle Rank 3.

February 23: Tonight's score was much improved, with seven kills to a mere twenty deaths. Six of those kills happened in the first fifteen minutes, and then I only managed one in the two hours that followed. I have no idea why.

February 24: I don't think I'd actually used an infantry terminal before. I generally don't survive long enough for it to matter. Today I played as a MAX. I walked into a room (I had full health) and found an enemy MAX facing away from me. I, of course, opened up on him with both my weapons, the machine gun and the cannon thing. I shot him over and over for a good five seconds, and then he turned around and shot me once, and I died. So now I'm not playing MAX anymore.
However, I got 11 kills today, mostly as Infiltrator. I've finally got 100 certs, so I can actually buy stuff now. Is the forward grip worth it for my sniper rifle, or should I get a new rifle instead? How much does that actually decrease the recoil? Would a rifle I can get for 100 certs be worth losing my 10x scope?
I've got enough certs to afford the first bolt-action sniper rifle, which has improved damage and accuracy at the cost of much reduced rate of fire. I think I'm probably going to go for that unless anyone knows a reason not to.

March 1:The server mergers seem to have worked, at least. Indar was full on whatever server I got merged to (I don't remember which it is), and there was a massive battle on Amerist. Also, the population of Esamir was 61% VS.
I love my new sniper rifle. It was definitely worth losing the scope on my old one. The much slower firing speed is a bit annoying, but 1-shot headshots more than makes up for it. I can actually kill stuff now, whereas before it always felt like I was trying to kill a tank with a Nerf gun.

March 2:I am extremely frustrated. I have not gotten a single kill sniping today, and I don't know why. Yesterday I got 14 kills in maybe half an hour, but I've spent three hours today and gained absolutely nothing. I got a 12x scope in the hopes that that might help, and it's a piece of crap. I took it off my gun because it made it worse. I have no idea what's different and I'm ticked off about it. Today is the first day I haven't done better than the days before.

March 3: I play almost entirely as medic. I did reasonably well, but not spectacularly, and ended with 24 kills. This is a day late so I don't remember everything. I spent the better part of an hour running around a biolab on Esamir trying to figure out how to get to the dome from the ground. I think I've figured it out now but I'm not certain.

March 4: Today I managed to get some kills sniping again, for the first time since the 1st. I'm quite happy about that. I also play some as medic and engineer. The engie's weapon is noticeably better than my medic's, but it does enough more damage that I managed to kill two of my teammates because it killed them faster than I could react and stop shooting. I've TK'd as a medic too, on occasion, but of course I'm a medic so I just revive the person and apologize. I can't do that as an engie. It's also annoying because I'm used to being able to heal anyone I see, and also to the self-heal ability, which is very useful. It looks like my LA has the same weapon as the engie, so I may look into using that as my direct-combat class rather than medic. It has some downsides, and I'm actually pretty good with my medic's default carbine (it has 69 kills right now, far more than any other weapon), but it's still something to remember. I also managed to kill someone today with my loser pistol, which is a first despite having fired nearly five hundred shots with it.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by blockman42 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:32 am

Is this an RP and are you TR? I can add you to the outfit.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm

blockman42 wrote:Is this an RP
...How could you mistake this for an RP? This is a collection of posts that I made in the Outfit thread because this is a better place for them.
blockman42 wrote:and are you TR? I can add you to the outfit.
I am TR, but I'm on Waterson, not whatever server the outfit is on (Is it Helios? I don't remember).

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:58 pm

TraadAdmiral indeed.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Tiel Attentus wrote:TraadAdmiral indeed.
*Traat. And this isn't new. I'm sure I told you about the name when I made the account in December. It took forever to find a name that wasn't taken. LJS was taken. Last_Jedi was taken. Tsavong Lah was taken. EveryNameIWantIsTaken was taken. It was ridiculous. TraatAdmiral is a long way down my list of Internet names, right above ChuftCaptain.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:03 pm

You might want to take a look at the first line of your post..
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Tiel Attentus wrote:You might want to take a look at the first line of your post..
Crap. I got the title right, though.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 pm

i use LA the most and it is wonderful however i was used to the medic when i started too. save certs for the inexpensive med kit which you can use once every life but brings your health points back up to 100 percent.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:42 pm

March 8: I only played for about 45 minutes today, so I only got 11 kills. On the brighter side, my kill/death ratio is now better than 1 in 5! This is a great improvement over last week. I played mostly LA today, and as I said before I'm impressed. Not being able to heal people is frustrating, but the gun does *much* more damage, and it's really noticeable. The jetpack is handy too, although the basic one doesn't have very much fuel, so it's hard to go, like, from one rooftop to another, or even from the ground to a rooftop. I can usually use it to avoid fall damage, though, and it's good on the nasty rocks and cliffs on Indar.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Hehe, LJS your such a newbie at planetside2 :>
only if I ran into you one day with my galaxy, Literally.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Heh, I've been rammed by a fair few galaxies. They usually die.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:13 pm

March 9: Played mostly Heavy Assault today. I got kills with it today where I couldn't before, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just more used to the game. The overshield doesn't actually seem to do anything for me, though. I'm rapidly becoming annoyed at LAs, Engies, and even Medics that can kill me faster than I can kill them, even when my shields are up. Also, some bastard TK'd me with a knife in the warpgate on Amerish. Someone else shot him though. I encountered a lovely glitch at the Crown in which we couldn't walk out of the spawner-tube-glowy thing that you spawn in. The result was several dozen people stuck in the same maybe 2x2 meter space. And of course people threw grenades and stuff and shot everyone else and it was generally a @#$%fest. I had to redeploy to TI Alloys. Dunno what's up with that.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:01 am

When your in the warp-gate your invincible...Glitch and/or hacking!
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Shadowcat wrote:When your in the warp-gate your invincible...Glitch and/or hacking!
maybe he was killed outside the warpgate
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:13 pm

I was in the warpgate territory but just outside the dome-thing.

March 10: No luck today. My k/d has actually decreased, which takes some work. Going to play StarCraft instead.