TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something
Re: TraatAdmiral's PS2 Log

Post by Pat22 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:42 pm

The abomination that passes for dogfighting in this game is horrible. It's not so much dogfighting as it is two morons hovering around each other.
It's overrated. Just use A2A missiles and fly to friendly anti-air cover when someone chases you. You'll be ten times more effective making enemy craft follow you into friendly AA than you would be try to dogfight them.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:41 pm

I missed the entire double XP weekend. >:(
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:20 pm

so did I :/
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Pat22 wrote:The abomination that passes for dogfighting in this game is horrible. It's not so much dogfighting as it is two morons hovering around each other.
It's overrated. Just use A2A missiles and fly to friendly anti-air cover when someone chases you. You'll be ten times more effective making enemy craft follow you into friendly AA than you would be try to dogfight them.
what do you think dogfighting is IRL?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:05 pm

April 1: Played mostly Infiltrator today. I love Instant Action. It would be nicer if I knew where I was going, I guess, but it doesn't really matter. It lets me get behind enemies as either an Infiltrator or a MAX, and then I can break @#$%, which is of course the point of the game. IA took me to the Crown three separate times today, though, twice when I was there already. That part of it at least desperately needs to be worked on.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:56 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:April 1: Played mostly Infiltrator today. I love Instant Action. It would be nicer if I knew where I was going, I guess, but it doesn't really matter. It lets me get behind enemies as either an Infiltrator or a MAX, and then I can break @#$%, which is of course the point of the game. IA took me to the Crown three separate times today, though, twice when I was there already. That part of it at least desperately needs to be worked on.
I hate the change that they made to instant action. You're right. We should know where we are being deployed to. For example: different bases and terrains will require more of one class than the others. If we are going to be deployed at the crown, we might want to play as heavy assault or engineer. If we are deployed at an amp station, we will probably want to switch to light assault. If we are going to be deployed on TI Alloys and we are being attacked from the hills to the south, more infiltrators are required to hold off the enemy.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:12 am

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:April 1: Played mostly Infiltrator today. I love Instant Action. It would be nicer if I knew where I was going, I guess, but it doesn't really matter. It lets me get behind enemies as either an Infiltrator or a MAX, and then I can break @#$%, which is of course the point of the game. IA took me to the Crown three separate times today, though, twice when I was there already. That part of it at least desperately needs to be worked on.
I hate the change that they made to instant action. You're right. We should know where we are being deployed to. For example: different bases and terrains will require more of one class than the others. If we are going to be deployed at the crown, we might want to play as heavy assault or engineer. If we are deployed at an amp station, we will probably want to switch to light assault. If we are going to be deployed on TI Alloys and we are being attacked from the hills to the south, more infiltrators are required to hold off the enemy.
Nonsense. All of these scenarios require Light Assaults.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Pat22 wrote:
CommanderKobialka wrote:
Nonsense. All of these scenarios require Light Assaults.
Light assault is a medium range class. This would not do at TI Alloys until the enemy is inside the base, killin your dudez. The crown is constantly bombarded by libs and tanks. Heavy Assault and engineer are perfect for dealing with these. The C4 of the light assault is great but it costs soooo many certs to get a second c4 which is required for taking out sunderers and heavy tanks. Even lightnings need more than one C4 if they have full health, however 1 C4 will make it start burning. Amp stations are almost impossible to get into at the main entrances. Light Assaults always, ALWAYS, support the offending faction the most, as they can jet pack over the walls.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:25 pm

CommanderKobialka wrote:
Light assault is a medium range class. This would not do at TI Alloys until the enemy is inside the base, killin your dudez. The crown is constantly bombarded by libs and tanks. Heavy Assault and engineer are perfect for dealing with these. The C4 of the light assault is great but it costs soooo many certs to get a second c4 which is required for taking out sunderers and heavy tanks. Even lightnings need more than one C4 if they have full health, however 1 C4 will make it start burning. Amp stations are almost impossible to get into at the main entrances. Light Assaults always, ALWAYS, support the offending faction the most, as they can jet pack over the walls.
Light Assault is good at all ranges, you just need to bring the right weapon. I could easily be killing enemy snipers with my slug gun or even Pulsar C carbine just like I could be going face-to-face in CQC with a shotgun or again with my Pulsar C carbine but with CQC attachements.

As for the crown, no organized platoon or outfit ever goes there unless it's deserted and can be captured without resistance.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:04 am

Therefore Light Assault OP?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:09 am

Meh. LA is OK, and I use it occasionally, but the weapon feels very weak compared to my HA's.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Meh. LA is OK, and I use it occasionally, but the weapon feels very weak compared to my HA's.
For some reason I have a hate for the HA's main gun. I thought it would be better to buy the next weapon in the HA cert menu but all I can really tell it did is lower the clip size.

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:29 pm

I like to use the Recon class (whatever the one with the sniper is called). Usually I am in long-ranged fights and the assault rifle isn't too accurate, and you would need to hit them a lot of times to kill them. I also enjoy the lightning light tank, as a TR player.
Spoiler:

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by CommanderKobialka » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:33 pm

hyperlite wrote:I like to use the Recon class (whatever the one with the sniper is called). Usually I am in long-ranged fights and the assault rifle isn't too accurate, and you would need to hit them a lot of times to kill them. I also enjoy the lightning light tank, as a TR player.
lightnings are the same for every faction.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:28 pm

NERF ALL TEH SHOTGUNS

I am too lazy to find that meme and edit words onto it.