ACH's PlonetSode Log

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
ACH's PlonetSode Log

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Today, Ragnarok occurred on Indar.

Battle of the Crown- Sunday, February 1st 2012+3

Never forget.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Re: ACH's PlonetSode Log

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:03 pm

Crown 2012+3? You mean back when it was defendable?

Ah good times. I remember defending as a TR as we were surrounded by rebel scum valiantly defending the surrounding territories in a gory fight as the hailing of anti tank turret rounds flew over head. I remember trying to take it, charging up the narrow causeway with a tank only to get blown up, sniping from a nearby hill killing the scum who controlled it. I remember the joy of finally busting through the defences and zerging in to take the point.

Gud Crown. Never forget.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:53 pm

I don't miss the old Crown. I'm sure I've told you all about the problems I have with PS2's dev team, but one thing I think they've done a really good job on is steady base improvement. Occasionally they'll try something that ends up not working well (Subterranean Nanite Analysis being a good example of this), but overall base design has improved dramatically in the last couple of years. So many of the bases on Amerish and Esamir are so good compared to most of the old ones. Ridiculous spamfests like the Crown used to be and biolabs still are are great in their place, but man. I don't know how many of you guys were playing with the original Crown, but that was literally the only fight on all of Indar much of the time. It was terrible not because that fight in particular was awful but because you never saw any other bases except maybe TI Alloys occasionally.

That said, the stone bridge is pretty weird. I understand its purpose, but I don't like it very much.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Well, this fight was today. Based on your descriptions, it could have been worse, but it was still a gigantic clusterfuck for all parties involved. We held on for that battle, but eventually lost it because they(Vanu) pretty much ditched all their other fronts to rush in their Galaxy-counterpart.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Today, February 10th, 2012+3, I won.

We(sTRigiforme) stormed Vanu base and took it. This victory over the spandexed heathens came at a high cost; pretty much everyone died.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:27 pm

ACH0225 wrote:pretty much everyone died
PlanetSide 2, in a nutshell.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 pm

Me, I'm Counting wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:pretty much everyone died by team kill
FTFY

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:21 pm

Tell wrote:
Me, I'm Counting wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:pretty much everyone died by team killing medic tank drivers
FTFY
FTFYA
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]