Lets * about PS2

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Lets * about PS2

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Talk about PS2 shit, Rage, whatever.

THE GLORIOUS CROWN
Spoiler:
THE NOT SO GLORIOUS LATTICE MAP UPDATE CROWN
Spoiler:
TL;DR Lattice is shit and killed the game for me.

Seriously now its just zerg-lanes that force you to stalemate at crap bases which were only meant to be squad v squad at max. Before major battles only happened at facilities and the glorious meat grinder that is the crown. Now its just a shriveled husk that you can barely even hold.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: Lets * about PS2

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:26 pm

I stopped playing PS2 a while ago, what is this crown and why is not on my head.
Also, TR is the only real choice of faction.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Vinyl wrote:I stopped playing PS2 a while ago, what is this crown and why is not on my head.
Also, TR is the only real choice of faction.
The crown was the name of a teritory in the exact middle of the map, It was placed on a hill and surrounded by perfectly flat land, There was only one capture point inside the base on the second floor. Vehicles could only get up to it by crossing one of three bridges to the front then climbing up a steep hill path that leaves them trapped in a tiny canyon.
Basically whoever got it held onto it for sometimes days. And there would also be massive platoon+ vs platoon+ battles going on at it and around it.

But then the evil lattice update came and removed the glorious hex system which let the crown stand out above all other enemy captured territories and hold out as the last red spot on the map besides the warpgate.
But now theres two more control points both placed on said bridges mentioned earlier which makes it nearly impossible to defend now and it might as well be called "The shitty place" now.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:54 pm

The old Crown was a godawful mess. IMO the Lattice was a great change.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:03 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:The old Crown was a godawful mess. IMO the Lattice was a great change.
But that was the beauty of hex, You didn't have to crown fight unless you wanted to. Lattice just railroads the game and ruined the really good timer system for facilities. And now every fight is either ghost-town or zergfest.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:54 am

So if they made that crown thing less interesting to play, I suppose that should mean there's more activity on the rest of the map?
I mean the maps are huge and what's the point if everyone just crowdfucks around one thing? Might as well play any other online FPS.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:40 am

I've basically stopped playing it. Here's why:
1. SOE broke it
2. RGQT has basically left, the ts channel for it is empty as ever
3. For me its lost its excitment

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:40 am

Personally, my gripes are less about Lattice (not amazong, not terrible, kinda /40 IMO) and more the fact that when someone sets up a bus or Gal, suddenly, zerg. Zerg, everywhere.

While my comp and GPU can take it, my Internet connection (inhabited by a sister who does not understand the idea of "bandwidth") cannot. So small-unit stuff would be lovely, but, nope.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:07 pm

They first teased the recon drone, like, three damn years ago. Then ~a year ago, they said it'd be finally coming in the Infiltrator update, and there was much rejoicing. Then the update actually happened, and guess what? No recon drone! And then said it wasn't quite ready but would be soon. And it never was, of course. And now, two days ago, Higby said that they've rethought it and it's not going to be a bloody Infiltrator tool! He wants to implement it as a 1-use consumable for all classes. Because of course it is. That's what we need.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:They first teased the recon drone, like, three damn years ago. Then ~a year ago, they said it'd be finally coming in the Infiltrator update, and there was much rejoicing. Then the update actually happened, and guess what? No recon drone! And then said it wasn't quite ready but would be soon. And it never was, of course. And now, two days ago, Higby said that they've rethought it and it's not going to be a bloody Infiltrator tool! He wants to implement it as a 1-use consumable for all classes. Because of course it is. That's what we need.
Oh yeah I forgot about that, The infiltrator update was a pile of crap anyway.
The development team has yet to show signs of competence with anything related to keeping promises or schedules. "Yeah here's our schedule for the next 3 years, But we won't follow it, we'll just keep pushing things back and pulling things up we want to work on, and the things we do work on will be completely different then what the description says".

SOE PS2 headquarters:
Spoiler:

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:39 pm

>2014
>Expecting Free To Play games to be actually free or even care about its players
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Daynel wrote:>2014
>Expecting Free To Play games to be actually free or even care about its players
Considering how a number of SOE (all so far actually) are free-to-play and make money solely off of memberships and hats, Why yes, I would expect them to give a shit about their players.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler: