Loadout discussion

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Phalanx
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:imgur
IGN:andrew116
Loadout discussion

Post by Phalanx » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 pm

A place to discuss all things pertaining to loadouts. Talk about guns, weapon attachments, vehicle customization, your preferred load out for a certain situation, basically whatever you want as long as it's on topic.
Hello. I'm a filthy atheist heathen who visits the internet from time to time.

Phalanx
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:imgur
IGN:andrew116

Re: Loadout discussion

Post by Phalanx » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:10 pm

I'm going to start with air vehicle loadouts.
These are gonna be pretty lengthy, I use a lot of vehicles.
I'll stick to NC for faction specific stuff.
Reaver- Vortek and Breakers for weapons, the breakers provide excellent air to ground capability, while I can take advantage of the Reaver's high afterburner speed to get in close with enemy ESFs and unload a clip of my Vortek into them. Scout radar in the utility slot for rapid acquisition of ground targets for attack runs. Racer in the performance slot for closing the distance rapidly on my target and getting out quickly if I find myself outmatched. This also accentuates the Reaver's inherent advantage of having the highest afterburner speed. The defense slot is taken by the nanite auto repair system, it is simply useful and fits the most situations.

Liberator- I always run with the CAS30, the dreaded Dalton, and the walker for obvious reasons.
Defense- auto-repair
Performance- High-G
Utility- Afterburner (You can't outrun an ESF with this, but it can buy you some time to get over to friendly airspace.)

Galaxy-
Bulldogs for side; they are effective against both infantry and armor, walker on top, for AA obviously, and the default drake in the back, it's effective for percision anti infantry.
Defense- auto-repair
Utility- fire suppression
Performance- Racer for making (relatively) quick drops.
Hello. I'm a filthy atheist heathen who visits the internet from time to time.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:08 pm

The galaxy really needs wingtip AA, bulldogs are not good air weapons unless you've got a lot to spam.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Lashers and PPA's all the way.