A Scenario

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276
A Scenario

Post by Tell » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:03 pm

You spawn as an infiltrator. You steath into the enemy base, pull off some solid snake bs, nobody sees you. Exposions all around panic everywhere. You hack the enemy base turret and start blowing up the enemy with thier own defences. Suddenly! You explode!

Ahhh darn they got you! but wait! You were teamkilled by a rank 1 NC Heavy on Connery named asdfghjkl.

At first your mad, but then it dawns on you that he is actually... A tactical genius! He knew that you were gonna die anyways, so he denied the enemy points. By shooting his rocket at the stationary base defense, instead of those small hard to hit infintry scattered around the ground. He insured something was getting done while denying an extreme menace kill to the enemy.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Re: A Scenario

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Nope, report to the Game Center and * on the forums and have him put on the KoS list then hunt down his IP, DDoS him back to the stoneage then drive a car through his house hop out and * slap him unconscious and tea bag his limp body.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:13 pm

>Tactical genius
>Named asdfghjkl
Either he's a super tactical genius or it was all just a coincidence.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Daynel wrote:>Tactical genius
>Named asdfghjkl and not Creed
Then it is not tHE BAHENBLAEHDE
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 am

Tell wrote:so he denied the enemy points
No. That's where the logic collapses. Keeping XP away from an enemy player is so totally meaningless as to be stupid. What the hell does your faction gain by that? Even if you handed another player a hundred thousand certs, would it change the game at all for anyone else in any meaningful way? It won't capture any bases. What's much more meaningful is the other thing you're denying the enemy: fun. By killstealing that turret, you made the days of everyone who was shooting at it just a little bit worse, with no benefit to yourself. In a game that already has problems with player retention, that's the worst thing you can do. So please, don't be a *. There's no way to justify teamkilling to make it the correct solution under any circumstances whatsoever.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:22 am

Adrien Victus wrote:
No. That's where the logic collapses. Keeping XP away from an enemy player is so totally meaningless as to be stupid. What the hell does your faction gain by that? Even if you handed another player a hundred thousand certs, would it change the game at all for anyone else in any meaningful way? It won't capture any bases. What's much more meaningful is the other thing you're denying the enemy: fun. By killstealing that turret, you made the days of everyone who was shooting at it just a little bit worse, with no benefit to yourself. In a game that already has problems with player retention, that's the worst thing you can do. So please, don't be a *. There's no way to justify teamkilling to make it the correct solution under any circumstances whatsoever.
lol I didn't make this up. I found it in a review for planetside 2 in steam.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:37 am

Tell wrote:
Adrien Victus wrote:
lol I didn't make this up. I found it in a review for planetside 2 in steam.
A very reliable source, indeed.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.