Faction debates

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Faction debates

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Shadowcat wrote:*Gentlemens clap for LJS true TR hero*
EDIT: wait a minute, did he literally fucking say the Phoenix is a skill cannon? The fucking unavoidable no lock on
CAMERA guided rocket?
He did. Actually, I'm thinking that post might have been sarcastic. The A-Tross is actually less accurate than the TORQ-9 in every way except when you're ADS and standing completely still.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Mon dieu, PS2 updates SO SLOOOWWWWWLLLYYYYY.

Phalanx
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:imgur
IGN:andrew116

Post by Phalanx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Adrien Victus wrote:
Phalanx wrote:TR and VS are good for those who can't place their shots accurately and require either a high fire rate to get as many bullets downrange as possible or are poor at compensating for bullet drop at range and require pew pew lasers and plasma. NC is where the skill is. We don't have the best fire rates, but unlike you guys when our guns hit they hit like a truck... Not just that, in the hands of a skilled player, they're headshot machines. The 200 damage model on the god saw, reaper, and A-Tross tends to drop targets quickly. My NC15 Phoenix is a skill cannon. It does less damage, sure, but have I mentioned that you can set ESFs on fire with one hit, and that I can hit your tank while it's behind a corner? Oh, and ranged weapons. Sorry, my A-Tross is outsniping infiltrators at 100 meters, and despite my 498 rpm, I am still killing you at close range. Why? Because I am landing all my shots at all the right places.
I'm gonna just throw out there that, as a TR, my infantry accuracy is pushing three times better than yours: 6.8% vs. 17.6%. And that's not just because I snipe a lot, either; I'm more accurate with my CARV than you are with your SAW. So let's table the whole 'can't place shots accurately' discussion for now. As for bullet drop, VS have it on bolt action sniper rifles, rocket launchers, and shotgun slugs... what else do you have to compensate for it with? Semi-auto snipers, maybe? I don't even remember the last time I fought one of those. That's also pretty useless. As for headshots, you're looking at a ratio of 8:60, and I've got 2936:6756, so that's a thing. I highly doubt that your A-Tross is outsniping Infiltrators, firstly because you have exactly two kills with it, and secondly because as an Infiltrator I think I can honestly say that I've never been killed by one, although granted I've barely played since those were released. I've certainly had people believed that SAWs were workable makeshift sniper rifles, which they are, but they're no match whatsoever for actual sniper rifles, and again, I don't think I've ever lost a sniper duel against a Gauss SAW. You also have two kills with the Phoenix, so while you may be setting ESFs on fire you clearly haven't been popping very many of them. In conclusion, as a Terran Republic sniper, I strongly suggest that you roleplay a little less and fight a little more until you have a bit more to show for it.
I'm still recovering from my noob phase, as I mentioned earlier. I have improved drastically in the past few weeks. I'm still only average at best though.
Hello. I'm a filthy atheist heathen who visits the internet from time to time.

Phalanx
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Phalanx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Adrien Victus wrote:
EDIT: wait a minute, did he literally fucking say the Phoenix is a skill cannon? The fucking unavoidable no lock on
CAMERA guided rocket?
He did. Actually, I'm thinking that post might have been sarcastic. The A-Tross is actually less accurate than the TORQ-9 in every way except when you're ADS and standing completely still.
You hit the nail on the head with that. Even though I'm a NC fanboy at heart, I was trying to push the NC stereotype of SHOCK N AWE PEW PEW PEW EXPLOSIONS!!!!11

Phalanx
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Phalanx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:41 pm

CAMERA guided rocket?
Phoenix is a skill cannon for AA, but it's a noob weapon for anti tank. =P

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Tr dont need sterotype, We have bullets, and we have bullets.
Why bother capturing bases when when your faction ability is turning into a turret with more RoF?
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]