Faction debates

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Faction debates

Post by Vinyl » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:27 pm

You know TR is the best, you just don't want to admit it, Phalanx.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Admiral Vinyl+ wrote:You know TR is the best, you just don't want to admit it, Phalanx.
True. 8]
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:04 am

Phalanx wrote:TR and VS are good for those who can't place their shots accurately
Which is why, once I get good enough internet and hardware to actually play the game, I'm gonna play as TR.
Might even get a kill or two for once, that'd be fun.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Phalanx
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:imgur
IGN:andrew116

Post by Phalanx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:48 am

Admiral Vinyl+ wrote:You know TR is the best, you just don't want to admit it, Phalanx.
No, not really. TR is my second favorite faction. I just prefer the NC because it fits my play style better.
Hello. I'm a filthy atheist heathen who visits the internet from time to time.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:56 am

Daynel wrote:
Phalanx wrote:TR and VS are good for those who can't place their shots accurately
Which is why, once I get good enough internet and hardware to actually play the game, I'm gonna play as TR.
Might even get a kill or two for once, that'd be fun.
Use bursts on the T9 Carv. Very effective.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 am

I only play Medic and Infie, so not sure about carbines; the TR full-blown rifle is pretty good if you like a support role (I.e. fire so many bullets the enemy can't poke his head up to shoot back), but the NC rifle is better for long-range single-shot sparring.

And yes, Vanu have flashy plasmagun, TR can fill the air with boolets, but the NC rifles and shotguns hit like a tank.

And the NC have a serious hard-on for shotguns; one of the mein guns for the Reaver is an aircraft-scale shotgun. It's like the krogan got a sudden fetish for corporate rule and nanotech.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:36 am

Vanu is best faction because the TR and the NC have to team up to make us lose on an alert on emerald other wise we would win.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:04 am

Vanu are the Cult Mechanicus with less awesome and more *, plus unnecessary spandex.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:12 am

Tell wrote:Vanu is best faction because the TR and the NC have to team up to make us lose on an alert on emerald other wise we would win.
Using individual servers as best faction ranking is ignorant, the Nc probably have 50% of the pop on emerald to? By the logic TR is the best since in Connery we constantly stomp NC and Vanu.

Now let's quit whining about factions and talk about something more important.
Heil the old Crown, truly the only base that was ever worth fighting for.

Then SOE broke it and made it the hardest shit to hold in the whole map.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Phalanx
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Phalanx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:45 am

Shadowcat wrote:
Tell wrote:Vanu is best faction because the TR and the NC have to team up to make us lose on an alert on emerald other wise we would win.
Using individual servers as best faction ranking is ignorant, the Nc probably have 50% of the pop on emerald to? By the logic TR is the best since in Connery we constantly stomp NC and Vanu.

Now let's quit whining about factions and talk about something more important.
Heil the old Crown, truly the only base that was ever worth fighting for.

Then SOE broke it and made it the hardest shit to hold in the whole map.
I play on Connery and whenever ADK or CMGa (I'm a member of the latter) is on the case, NC stomps everything.
Of course, this is mainly only when they are active. The majority of the time TR does the best, however the NC wins the most alerts from what I've seen.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:49 pm

I didn't realize you played, Phalanx. What's your username?
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Phalanx
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Phalanx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Adrien Victus wrote:I didn't realize you played, Phalanx. What's your username?
MooresLawNC, MooresLawTR, and MooresLawVS. I play a little of my TR account, a ton on my NC account, and barely any on my VS account. I'm still recovering from my noob phase, I only have sixty kills and two hundred forty-something deaths... I'm getting better, though. Almost all of those kills have been in the past three weeks.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:26 pm

Phalanx wrote:
Adrien Victus wrote:I didn't realize you played, Phalanx. What's your username?
MooresLawNC, MooresLawTR, and MooresLawVS. I play a little of my TR account, a ton on my NC account, and barely any on my VS account. I'm still recovering from my noob phase, I only have sixty kills and two hundred forty-something deaths... I'm getting better, though. Almost all of those kills have been in the past three weeks.
I have 2,008 kills

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Phalanx wrote:TR and VS are good for those who can't place their shots accurately and require either a high fire rate to get as many bullets downrange as possible or are poor at compensating for bullet drop at range and require pew pew lasers and plasma. NC is where the skill is. We don't have the best fire rates, but unlike you guys when our guns hit they hit like a truck... Not just that, in the hands of a skilled player, they're headshot machines. The 200 damage model on the god saw, reaper, and A-Tross tends to drop targets quickly. My NC15 Phoenix is a skill cannon. It does less damage, sure, but have I mentioned that you can set ESFs on fire with one hit, and that I can hit your tank while it's behind a corner? Oh, and ranged weapons. Sorry, my A-Tross is outsniping infiltrators at 100 meters, and despite my 498 rpm, I am still killing you at close range. Why? Because I am landing all my shots at all the right places.
I'm gonna just throw out there that, as a TR, my infantry accuracy is pushing three times better than yours: 6.8% vs. 17.6%. And that's not just because I snipe a lot, either; I'm more accurate with my CARV than you are with your SAW. So let's table the whole 'can't place shots accurately' discussion for now. As for bullet drop, VS have it on bolt action sniper rifles, rocket launchers, and shotgun slugs... what else do you have to compensate for it with? Semi-auto snipers, maybe? I don't even remember the last time I fought one of those. That's also pretty useless. As for headshots, you're looking at a ratio of 8:60, and I've got 2936:6756, so that's a thing. I highly doubt that your A-Tross is outsniping Infiltrators, firstly because you have exactly two kills with it, and secondly because as an Infiltrator I think I can honestly say that I've never been killed by one, although granted I've barely played since those were released. I've certainly had people believed that SAWs were workable makeshift sniper rifles, which they are, but they're no match whatsoever for actual sniper rifles, and again, I don't think I've ever lost a sniper duel against a Gauss SAW. You also have two kills with the Phoenix, so while you may be setting ESFs on fire you clearly haven't been popping very many of them. In conclusion, as a Terran Republic sniper, I strongly suggest that you roleplay a little less and fight a little more until you have a bit more to show for it.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:17 pm

*Gentlemens clap for LJS true TR hero*
EDIT: wait a minute, did he literally fucking say the Phoenix is a skill cannon? The fucking unavoidable no lock on
CAMERA guided rocket?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler: