Mattherson and Waterson server merge

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276
Mattherson and Waterson server merge

Post by Tell » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:52 am

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Re: Mattherson and Waterson server merge

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:02 pm

WHAT THE FUCK.
Anyway good = those two servers have had overpop on a single faction for a long time so less under balance
Bad = This is how PS1 started going out, more and more merges till bang, one dead server with twelve people. Not to mention there are other servers with low pop all around that should be merged to lower cost and (hopefully) delay the inevitable unless SOE gets it's shit together.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:33 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I definitely see where they're coming from with server populations. Waterson VS has traditionally been pretty sucky, and Mattherson VS is apparently good. Waterson has had a tendency towards wild but long-term population swings that don't necessarily match up with what the other servers are seeing, so adding a group of more stable players might help that. On the other hand, for some reason Mattherson has the most absurdly toxic community of any server in the game, and I'm really not looking forwards to being tossed into that environment. I miss Jaegar. :[
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Adrien Victus wrote:I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I definitely see where they're coming from with server populations. Waterson VS has traditionally been pretty sucky, and Mattherson VS is apparently good. Waterson has had a tendency towards wild but long-term population swings that don't necessarily match up with what the other servers are seeing, so adding a group of more stable players might help that. On the other hand, for some reason Mattherson has the most absurdly toxic community of any server in the game, and I'm really not looking forwards to being tossed into that environment. I miss Jaegar. :[
I don't understand why they choose the shitty stock sounds names and don't keep the names like Perequine, Jaquar and Helios.

Also a problem with big merges is that PS2 maps are more like a bunch of small 24v24 maps then one 3000x3000x3000 map.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Adrien Victus wrote:On the other hand, for some reason Mattherson has the most absurdly toxic community of any server in the game
We're not that bad. xD