Planetside 2 Outfit

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.
Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC
Jedi couldn't hit the side of a barn at 50 metres

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Jedi managed to snipe some guys today.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Re: Planetside 2 Outfit

Post by  ҉  » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 pm

I'm not paid to shoot barns, only the heads of my enemies. ...Come to think of it, I'm not actually getting paid to shoot at all.

The best thing for sniping in PS2 is when the enemy has some cover. When they're exposed, they're like "Oh, crap! We're in the open! Let's run around like deranged monkeys and we'll be safe!" and mostly they are, at least from me. I can't reliably hit moving targets yet, especially not ones moving randomly. But when they have just a little bit of cover, a rock or a tree or something, they tend to stay still and stick their head up so they can shoot, and then shoot them and because I have a bolt-action rifle they die. The best place to snipe that I've found is the slope from TI Alloys down to whatever base that is that the NC always control. It's on the north side of TI Alloys. I can stand at the top and NC will be on the slope and they think they have some cover in the rocks but they're wrong, wrong, wrong and because I'm shooting downhill there's very little bullet drop. That's how I got 14 kills the first day I had the new rifle and only 3 in all the days since then.

Also, I have no idea how people get kills sniping from the Crown into TI Alloys. That's a ridiculous shot. I can see the snipers in the Crown, but only just. Maybe it's easier as Vanu without bullet drop; I don't think I've been killed like that by NC.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:15 pm

LJS, try cloaking within view of a vehicle terminal, like above the aerospace terminals. People stay still and you get easy headshots. If you do it enough you can shut down entire fleets from being formed.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Keon wrote:Yeah, make another TR character and keep all your other characters.
I can't because there's a 3 character limit

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Oh there is? Haven't hit it yet because I've never felt the need to be NC.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 am

Keon wrote:Oh there is? Haven't hit it yet because I've never felt the need to be NC.
I made one mostly to see what all the QQ was about but I do like their guns better than TR guns.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:33 am

Pat22 wrote:
Keon wrote:Oh there is? Haven't hit it yet because I've never felt the need to be NC.
I made one mostly to see what all the QQ was about but I do like their guns better than TR guns.
Have you tried the TR's lynx carbine?

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Pat22 wrote:
Have you tried the TR's lynx carbine?
Nope

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:04 pm

What good LA weapons are there? For TR or VS.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Keon wrote:What good LA weapons are there? For TR or VS.
Personally I like the SF variant of the basic weapon because it gives you access to the underbarrel launcher attachments, the grenade launcher, smoke grenade launcher, and underbarrel shotgun. A Light Assault with an underbarrel GL with a grenade bandolier and double C4 has a whole lot of explosives at his disposal and the ability to get into the perfect position to use said arsenal.

I also like using the Pandora with slug rounds and a 4x scope for long-range combat.

Sometimes though I wish I had a more efficient carbine without the underbarrel attachments.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Pat22 wrote:
Personally I like the SF variant of the basic weapon because it gives you access to the underbarrel launcher attachments, the grenade launcher, smoke grenade launcher, and underbarrel shotgun. A Light Assault with an underbarrel GL with a grenade bandolier and double C4 has a whole lot of explosives at his disposal and the ability to get into the perfect position to use said arsenal.

I also like using the Pandora with slug rounds and a 4x scope for long-range combat.

Sometimes though I wish I had a more efficient carbine without the underbarrel attachments.
stick with a support class, they yield the most xp.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:36 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Pat22 wrote:

I don't need XP. Also, none of the support classes are as badass as Light Assault.

Keon
Developer

Post by Keon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Support isn't rewarding. I like the freedom of the LA. It's like cloaking except it works, and you can actually shoot people.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pat22 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:03 am

Keon wrote:Support isn't rewarding. I like the freedom of the LA. It's like cloaking except it works, and you can actually shoot people.
Most important upgrades will be the jumpjet upgrades, unless you happen to be a fan of the drifters, double C4, flash grenades, and weapons /the suit / weapon attachments depend on what kind of playstyle you're looking to get out of your LA.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by blockman42 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:55 am

Pat22 wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Pat22 wrote: Personally I like the SF variant of the basic weapon because it gives you access to the underbarrel launcher attachments, the grenade launcher, smoke grenade launcher, and underbarrel shotgun. A Light Assault with an underbarrel GL with a grenade bandolier and double C4 has a whole lot of explosives at his disposal and the ability to get into the perfect position to use said arsenal.

I don't need XP. Also, none of the support classes are as badass as Light Assault.
Jump-jets are useless against my engi with a fully upgraded lynx.