Planetside 2 Meetup

All about the persistent, free-to-play MMOFPS.

What server and faction should we play on?

TR
35%
NC
6%
VS
12%
Mattherson
18%
Connery
18%
Woodman
No votes
Miller
No votes
Ceres
No votes
Cobalt
12%

Total votes: 17

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276
Planetside 2 Meetup

Post by Tell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Since the amount of people who have planetside 2 in the community has increased, I think it would be a great idea for us to have a Friday/Saturday ops. If you are interested make a post below and vote in the poll about what server and faction we should play on.

I made the poll so you can vote once for the server and faction you want. Don't be a * and vote twice on a server/faction.

Time and date will be decided later once we vote on this.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Re: Planetside 2 Meetup

Post by  ҉  » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:16 pm

You don't have Waterson on the poll. That's where all my characters are.

I voted TR. I have characters on all three factions, but my TR has several times as much playtime as both of the others put together, and I would really prefer to stick with him.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:23 pm

My computer is crap and I gave up vidya for lent, so I won't be on for a while. Also, no idea what server my character is on.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:13 pm

I think I have a TR char on Matherson, but if not, I can rez one.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:20 pm

I think I'm on the one Jedi is. Haven't played in a while since le electric heater and gaming pc are mutually exclusive. It'd be nice to playing in a group to get back into the flow.

Can probably do Saturdays, work willing.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:56 am

Why did have to be the TR...

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 am

Okay, I am the only one on Cobalt and share the choice of non-TR with Tell.
Meh, I have too much lag to properly fight anyway. Might tinker with settings to fix that tho.
And I also still have 2 unused character slots, so I can adapt to whatever server we'll end up with.
Once I log into PS2 next time, I'll find out whether Mattherson and Connery have a usable connection for me.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:20 am

I would prefer if I could play with my main character as its BR 32 and has all of the squad leader certs unlocked but if I have to I'll switch servers. But what I really don't want to do is switch factions as I know nothing about the TR and they have bullet drag...

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 am

Tell wrote:I would prefer if I could play with my main character as its BR 32 and has all of the squad leader certs unlocked but if I have to I'll switch servers. But what I really don't want to do is switch factions as I know nothing about the TR and they have bullet drag...
Going VS to TR is less of a change than VS to NC. By 'bullet drag' I assume you mean bullet drop, which VS also has on every weapon you'll ever notice it on. Bullet drop matters for sniper rifles and slug shotguns, and those have the same bullet drop for every faction. No other weapon should ever be used at the kind of ranges where bullet drop is an issue. As for knowing nothing about them, come on. This isn't like an RTS where there are totally different strategies and playstyles for every faction. They all play the same. Not wanting to give up a BR32 character is a legitimate concern, though.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Error

Post by Error » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:43 am

VS weapons lose damage over distance, but have no bullet drop.

NC use heavy caliber rounds, and tend towards close range SMGs and shotguns, though their starter sniper rifle is an OHK if you headshot.

TR use the local equivalent of 5.56mm, so a combination of range and large magazines. As the term is, More Dakka.

Given this community, I'd say VS if you like flash, but TR is probably better, given almost all their guns can spray and pray.
I like NC myself, but I'm a glass cannoneer.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:34 am

NC has (IMO) the best sniper rifles (for sniping), the best main battle tank, maybe the best SMG, maybe the best LMG, maybe the best pistols, and the best weapon variety overall (although supposedly they're going to be fixing that really soon).
VS has (IMO) the best empire-specific fighter (I am no judge of such things, but I see more Scythes around than any other), the best empire-specific rocket launcher, maybe the best MAX (debatable, but overall I think they're doing the best right now, although still NC at CQC), and dark-colored armor that makes them a pain in the ass to fight at night.
TR has (IMO) the best variety of Infiltrator loadouts (TRAP isn't great but at least it's something different; I love using the Magshot but TR rapid-fire is maybe a better sidearm when your primary is a sniper rifle), maybe the best empire-specific heavy weapon, and I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else. We have very few weapons that totally suck, but not that many that really shine, either. The MSW-R is a good CQC LMG, but the Gauss SAW is still probably the best LMG around, and neither TR nor VS has anything that can really compete with it. The Armistice is a good SMG, but is it better than the Blitz? I dunno. Keep in mind, of course, that the only guns I'm really qualified to talk about are the Infiltrator weapons, but most of our guns are pretty much the same. Supposedly the devs are working on that for the April balance pass.

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:46 am

I have one more character slot left so I'll make a TR. But what server should we choose?

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:54 am

WatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWatersonWaterson

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Why don't we do a TR meetup on Ceres, since no one has a character on there?

Error

Post by Error » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Because with higher level chars we have a better chance of, y'know, acomplishing something.