Roleplay and faction separation

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Roleplay and faction separation

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Simple, make a sub forum in the RP section for factions/species/whatever only. It's a bit hard to separate RPs from faction threads right now.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: Roleplay and faction separation

Post by Vinyl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Mad Prophet wrote:Humans Faction Pages are a blight on galactic purity. Yours sir! Yours is a blight! And yours! And yours, human owl. And yours!
NF;DC (Not Funny; Don't Care): Faction pages are useless, we don't need them.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:54 pm

the RP section is generally the area where they are all kept. I sometimes think it should be obligatory to have a faction page if you RP, but then i remember that I tried to write one once and cry. Perhaps if we come up with a simpler, standard format for factions, then we could make it a necessity.

Remember the futurecraft wiki that we set up a while back? That didn't turn out so great...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:59 pm

I don't even think that was us who made that one...

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Saravanth wrote:I don't even think that was us who made that one...
It was Tiel and it failed.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Saravanth wrote:I don't even think that was us who made that one...
It was Error and it failed.
Though I'm flattered that you think I'm that dedicated to this place.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:37 pm

catsonmeth wrote:the RP section is generally the area where they are all kept. I sometimes think it should be obligatory to have a faction page if you RP, but then i remember that I tried to write one once and cry. Perhaps if we come up with a simpler, standard format for factions, then we could make it a necessity.

Remember the futurecraft wiki that we set up a while back? That didn't turn out so great...
It would still be in the RP forum.... It would just be a faction thread only sub forum of it.

Seriously what the bloody hell are you talking about?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:17 am

No one even makes faction threads.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:51 am

It's too difficult to make a comprehensive summary of a faction that evolves over a period spanning centuries while accounting for interactions with other factions.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:07 pm

ACH0225 wrote:No one even makes faction threads.
Then what do you call them? Species threads, Lore threads, Threads where you describe your specie/lore/background/whatever threads?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:50 pm

You're expected to know all that; if you don't, just read the past RPs or ask us.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:54 pm

ACH0225 wrote:You're expected to know all that; if you don't, just read the past RPs or ask us.
Basically, I keep records of most of my lore, made easier (though also more complicated) by the fact all my factions are of the same lineage throughout the centuries. Plus, it means I have less to explain every time I rebrand. Plus, it makes the fluff a bit cooler sometimes IMO, like a scientist discovers research in an ancient station created by their ancestors. The bloody conflict from most transitions is also the driving reason for the near-continuous low tech, and I'm going to stop talking about things that I really don't need to talk about. I'll leave it here though, because why not.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:05 pm

ACH0225 wrote:You're expected to know all that; if you don't, just read the past RPs or ask us.
Really? And what if someone wants to make a new faction? I can't use Skythe because somehow prototype started using that name for one of his factions. And what if someone new comes along and wishes to join in? Shall they telepathically transport their idea into our heads?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Shadowcat wrote:
Really? And what if someone wants to make a new faction? I can't use Skythe because somehow prototype started using that name for one of his factions. And what if someone new comes along and wishes to join in? Shall they telepathically transport their idea into our heads?
Honestly, no one really cares about minor factions, and most of them are pretty cookiecutter anyway. No one is going to read the faction page unless its for reference, and then still only very rarely.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Honestly, no one really cares about minor factions, and most of them are pretty cookiecutter anyway. No one is going to read the faction page unless its for reference, and then still only very rarely.
But cookie cutter factions are amazing, so original and new!

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler: