Moderation

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215
Re: Moderation

Post by Keon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:01 pm

@Iv, how old would you say I am? How old would you say Prototype is? How old would you say cool3303 was?

@LJS, CMA has actually started to be pretty productive. You don't have to respect him but I'd prefer that both of you didn't stab each other in the face.

@Locking: It keeps it organized and such. If Tau has the ability to split topics off when they become off topic, that would be better.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Keon wrote:@
I'd prefer that both of you didn't stab each other in the face.
Nah, I don't mind Jedi anymore.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:06 pm

CMA wrote:
I do so enjoy the stabbing, though.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:09 pm

Kdapt-Preacher wrote:
CMA wrote:
I do so enjoy the stabbing, though.
U wot m8? I'll wreck u I swer on me mum.

Back on topic: I think we're fine for right now, it's not like we even have more then 12 active posters. And turning this into a Poly Sci experiment, while fun, would be distracting to say the least.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 am

Keon wrote:@Iv, how old would you say I am? How old would you say Prototype is? How old would you say cool3303 was?

@LJS, CMA has actually started to be pretty productive. You don't have to respect him but I'd prefer that both of you didn't stab each other in the face.

@Locking: It keeps it organized and such. If Tau has the ability to split topics off when they become off topic, that would be better.

proto is beyond the age limit, as of now you are also beyond it, cool is 15 years old this year.

Also I'd like to remind you Tiel that there is no point in running this place of the admin can do anything he desires, better move back to the old forum than simply find someone else to pay for it, for example I can. That means that no matter how much you pay money can't buy your power to be above all laws. Tau IS a member just like any other, if he will abuse his power he WILL face a ban and if he will abuse the system to circumvent it then unfortunately we will be forced to find a new forum, no point living in fear anyway.

Even in forums where there is dictatorship all that it takes to protect the members from abuse is for the members to form a unified front, you can't kick everyone and if you kick someone without reason all the members will just leave you (actually that is exactly what I said above now that I think of it but I guess won't hurt to explain it in two other ways). The reason it doesn’t happen in other places is because the members weren't unified like that from the start. That democracy thingy is not just for the sake of it, it is literally making the members the source of your power and authority, eve if you are just an elected mod or an appointed admin.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 am

Iv121 wrote: Also I'd like to remind you Tiel that there is no point in running this place of the admin can do anything he desires...
Correction: There's no point trying to make a pure democracy if the admin is an admin, which is what I've been telling you all along. Good to see we're on the same page here.
Iv121 wrote: ...better move back to the old forum than simply find someone else to pay for it, for example I can.
No, you can't, otherwise you'd have a legal version of Minecraft by now.
Iv121 wrote: That means that no matter how much you pay money can't buy your power to be above all laws. Tau IS a member just like any other, if he will abuse his power he WILL face a ban and if he will abuse the system to circumvent it then unfortunately we will be forced to find a new forum, no point living in fear anyway.
You're missing the point here. If Tau were to break the rules, who's going to ban him? Not only does no one have any higher authority to enact a ban in the first place, he'll also always have access to the backend of the site regardless of what his rank is here on the forum. There is no way to solve this, and playing hopscotch between the old forums and new ones is only going to hurt the community even more in the long run.
Iv121 wrote: Even in forums where there is dictatorship all that it takes to protect the members from abuse is for the members to form a unified front, you can't kick everyone and if you kick someone without reason all the members will just leave you...
I agree that that's the case now, with a small core group of people and an alternate forum waiting to be used, but once this place gets enough members as the example I provided in the OP that's just not going to happen. People speak out and get singled out one by one for punishment, everyone else doesn't care about the drop in the pond because they don't want to end up the same way, especially when this place actually starts providing a service for which forum access is critical.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:39 am

Well if you are planning to live under dictatorship you have only two choices: Either you live in fear and keep your mouth shut or you lick the dictator's butt, either way no good will come out of it.

Also Tiel are you going to tell me what I can and cannot do with my money ? I guess I could buy legal MC right now, it would just mean I will have to spend some time on it. If the fate of the forum depends on it Ill do it, and you can count on me I wont go on a rampage, if I will ... well you know how to deal with it as I wrote you up here.

Another point is that it doesn't matter how big the community is so long they keep it together. BTW in order for that to happen you don't even need all the community members, just a strong established representative , that is what you can easily achieve right now, not so easily in the future.

Finally Tiel you really have nothing to loose if you at least try democracy, worst case scenario you will get that dictatorship you always wanted, though I cant see how it is a good scenario in either case. If you come up with a better way to separate the powers on this forum Im all ears, for now my plan is the best you got, also don't think Im going to give up on it so easily. Instead of arguing about all of that I suggest you come up with more mod election guidelines.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:11 pm

What dictatorship, Iv?
Tau is hardly going full Overlord.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Im talking theory, I am sorry if I offended Tau in any way, nobody promises however that Tau will remain as admin and that he won't decide to go on a rampage.

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Iv121 wrote:...I am sorry if I offended Tau in any way...
You didn't. Your concern is perfectly understandable.
Iv121 wrote:...nobody promises however that Tau will remain as admin and that he won't decide to go on a rampage.
I *probably* won't go on a rampage. No promises.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:09 pm

I, for one, support a responsible moderator dictatorship and let's deal with the problems as we get them. Have we had a dictatorship yet? Have we had anarchy yet? Then we're doing pretty good. Let's keep modding.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -