Forum Errors

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma
Forum Errors

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 pm

In ever increasing amounts, the forums have been becoming very inaccessible to me. I've gotten several 404, 504, and other errors when trying to access the forums. Chrome keeps stating it can't find it or it is down. Today this lasted nearly 8 hours. Why forum? Why u do dis?

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Forum Errors

Post by cats » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Never happened to me.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 am

Maybe happened during the time I slept. I only had a temporary error 123 (???) (connection aborted, I remember this one but not sure in the numbers) that disappeared after some time .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:07 am

Professor Fenway wrote:In ever increasing amounts, the forums have been becoming very inaccessible to me. I've gotten several 404, 504, and other errors when trying to access the forums. Chrome keeps stating it can't find it or it is down. Today this lasted nearly 8 hours. Why forum? Why u do dis?
What? That 8-hour thing wasn´t just you.
It happened to me as well, but I stopped trying (and went to bed, it was 10pm at my place at that time...) after about 2 hours. Definetly a server-crash.
Another reason we need a new website-provider... This one just keeps on doing crap...
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:48 am

I swear it wasn't me!

On a serious note, I use firefox and get no problems. I also live in Canada, and geographical location may be a factor, but I'd recommend trying it w/ Firefox.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:50 pm

As much as I appreciate the optimism, Error, I've also experienced the issue on good ole FF. Something's wrong with the host's box, which is outsourced to a datacenter in turn owned by another company, so I'm really not in a position to troubleshoot here. AFAIK nothing on the forum is causing it, all our tables are kosher and there aren't any outstanding modifications that could be inducing these types of service outages.

But, we'll probably be moving in due time.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 pm

It's almost definitely the hosting. Sometimes the server simply ceases all communication with the client, even when it's just the chat application updating, and then it is fine again the next refresh or two later. If there was something wrong with the server, it would not likely spring back so quickly and readily. This looks more like an issue with the middle-man.