Fixing the Moderator System

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.

Should this idea be implemented for a month?

Total votes: 0

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Fixing the Moderator System

Post by Error » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:30 am

Given the recent scuffle between LJS and Shiva, and the many, many other fights over pointless crap on this forum, I have a suggestion.

Drop LJS and Shiva (and possibly Tiel, though I doubt it) to Member and raise 2 others to Mod for a month. If people like the other mods better, for whatever reason, then they stay. If not, reversion. I am aware that Shiva isn't with us in any real capacity ATM, but maybe the chance to forget having to admin everything might entice her back into the community.

I nominate Iv121, personally. He's a voice of reason and has defused a number of...hazardous..situations.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: Fixing the Moderator System

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:51 am

Actually, we have moderator elections every 2 months now, and come to think of it the last one was in February.

So that's coming up pretty soon. Iv121 was a mod once before Shiva fixed the mess I made in the first months of this forum, I can't remember how he acted but that's up for the community to decide.

I think Mack and Jedi could be promotedto admins so there's more checks in the administration. There's no good blood between the three, so it could either end up really good or terribly bad. Also, give fr0st my Founder status so he can fix anything that would arise from that, along with integrating his superior experience into the running of this place.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am

LJS ascending even further waves my mental red flag. While I trust him to do his job right, he is a hell of a stickler for rules and it occasionally annoys other forum members.

Mack;s already the FC-God, though, right?

No issue from my perspective with fr0sty assisting in the back-side management.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:17 am

There's no argument that Shiva isn't...impulsive. She has a tendency to wield her power in a manner that relies on her absolute authority. With other people in the picture, particularly Jedi, that habit will probably be dampened a fair bit. I don't know where Mackeroth is on that scale, but he's there to balance things out between the two extremes along with fulfilling his role as the 'fc god'. fr0st is at the top monitoring everything in case stuff goes awry.

So we hold mod elections every two months, and judges have perma-office until resignation.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:20 am

Well for the matter Tiel I have never misbehaved myself throughout my time here. Though even I don't remember what it was about (I think a judge wrongfully punished someone or something) and I brought the issue up. I didn't participate in so much though but eventually I was blamed in starting an argument as always and you know how it goes but whatever not a big deal ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote: You don't cause the arguments on the forum although, as in this case, you certainly sometimes make them worse because you don't know when to shut up. You said during the last 'discussion' that you liked to argue a lot in real life. Part of the problem that I'm seeing here is that you try to treat arguments on the Internet the same way you do ones IRL. That doesn't work. On the Internet, we eat the failures. Debate training or what have you is probably one of the worst things to have on the Internet, because in real arguments people generally don't write down your every statement, dissect them individually, mock your flaws, and then scream at you with biting sarcasm until you cry (mind you, some of those presidential debates are pretty nasty :P). That happens on the Internet. For some reason, flaws in your personality are perfectly acceptable ammunition on the Internet, and will be used to great effect to put you off guard and destabilize your argument.
Excerpted from a PM he sent me concerning a post he was hesitant to make (it was very angry). Anyway, I think that best summarizes any misbehavior I might have perceived. You're just really persistent.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:48 am

Well as far as I know not being able to shut up is not a misconduct ... Also man I better fighter for my values and get mocked a bit later but sleep well at nights. I don't speak behind others' backs and if I want to say something I say it straight. Usually people like me end up in 2 ways : Either they are later praised as someone who got the balls to stand for what he thinks or end up really nasty ... I will probably end up the other one but hey - those who don't risk it won't drink wine ... I'm do telling you this helps your self confidence, ability to resist peer-pressure and generally being independent.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:53 pm

I highly warn from giving Mac moderator powers.
Last time he went mad...
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well as far as I know not being able to shut up is not a misconduct ... Also man I better fighter for my values and get mocked a bit later but sleep well at nights. I don't speak behind others' backs and if I want to say something I say it straight. Usually people like me end up in 2 ways : Either they are later praised as someone who got the balls to stand for what he thinks or end up really nasty ... I will probably end up the other one but hey - those who don't risk it won't drink wine ... I'm do telling you this helps your self confidence, ability to resist peer-pressure and generally being independent.
I apologize if I misinterpret what you said here, but there's a difference between standing up for your ideals, and stressing them to the point of annoying everyone around you. That's a trait that'll serve you well in real life, I don't dispute that, but as Jedi pointed out, it doesn't translate all that well into cyberspace. There's an old saying, 'pick your battles', that applies really well here. That said, I'm not really in a position to criticize your persistence unless it becomes misconduct, so I'm 'just sayin' here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Can I be a moderator? I promise no killing rampages!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 am

Congratz on the new avatar that goes sooo well with what you've just said :tongue:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Well, okay, I might go on a FEW killing rampages, but no banning sprees.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Speech is a right. Life is a privilege. Makes sense to me.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:35 am

Does that mean I can duck tape human mouths closed?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:56 am

duct*. Not Duck.