Image hosting on the Posting page

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Image hosting on the Posting page

Post by  ҉  » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:30 pm

I know it was hard to do, and I should be thankful that it's there at all, but I've gotta say that the image hosting thing is really low quality compared to the last one. The pictures are displayed very small, and when you click to enlarge it takes you to another page where the picture isn't really enlarged very much but you do get some really sketchy ads to look at. The most recent time, the ads I got were: 'Stop suffering from weight gain, start from here / So Many Former Obese Girls Are Flawless Now!', with a picture of a fat girl in a red dress and an obviously different thin girl in a blue dress, 'What if you have hidden talent and still don't know about... / You've Always Wanted To Become A Millionaire?', with a picture of a pile of money, 'Sync with your iPod, all legal and FREE! / Over 15 Million Songs and Videos!', with a picture of some guy, and 'The result will amaze you at once! / Who Doesn't Want To Have Massive Arms?' with an unrealistically muscular guy. I can go on - you get a new (and equally sketchy) set every time you refresh. About half of them seem to be about becoming a millionaire, and the other half are mostly about gaining muscle, losing fat, or getting better at having sex (it should be noted that the sketchiest of all are the random ones. I got one with a picture of a guy holding a blue strawberry that was talking about 'forbidden fruit'). On the old forum, the image thing posted the pictures fairly large on the main page, and there were no sketchy ads. The ads are actually larger than the picture, even when it's expanded.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: Image hosting on the Posting page

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 pm

the javascript, well, it makes them thumbnails. That's irritating, I know. I was looking for a way around it but then forgot, thanks for the reminder.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]