Slow loading up page?

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
Talon93
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:Talon93
Slow loading up page?

Post by Talon93 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:16 am

Half the time when I load a page of the forums it takes a while longer than it should to load, other times it stops loading altogether halfway through. Sometimes when I load it all the text on the page appears but it is aligned on the left and the background and fancy interface/buttons are gone. It looks more like a text document than a webpage. Although my internet has been crappy lately, every other website loads up fine up. Anyone else getting these problems?
Anything can be learnt, it is simply how willing you are to learn.
Dramatic Bold Italic Underline!

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: Slow loading up page?

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:19 am

Try dumping your cache file.

The site does take a while to load, yes, that's due to some resource-intensive html that makes the forum look as sexy as it is. Factor in the php scripting and somewhat insolent MySQL server and you can see why that is so.

Don't worry, once I save up enough the forum's hosting will be upgraded to a paid plan, so just hang in there until that time comes.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Talon93
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:Talon93

Re: Slow loading up page?

Post by Talon93 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:38 am

Tiel wrote:Try dumping your cache file.

The site does take a while to load, yes, that's due to some resource-intensive html that makes the forum look as sexy as it is. Factor in the php scripting and somewhat insolent MySQL server and you can see why that is so.

Don't worry, once I save up enough the forum's hosting will be upgraded to a paid plan, so just hang in there until that time comes.
Okay, good to know.
Anything can be learnt, it is simply how willing you are to learn.
Dramatic Bold Italic Underline!