Gaming Subforum Request

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.

Which Subforums should be added?

Total votes: 0

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Gaming Subforum Request

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 am

Yea, actually I don't know why you're here anymore, and don't say futurecraft, there is no much to it (yet) .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:49 am

Iv121 wrote:Yea, actually I don't know why you're here anymore, and don't say futurecraft, there is no much to it (yet) .
Why wouldn't I say Futurecraft? That's what we're all here for. These boards are called the Futurecraft Forums for a reason, you know. We don't have Futurecraft yet, but I remain confident that we will in the relatively near future, so I'm still around.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:08 am

Yet the futurecraft related discussion on the forums is insignificant in comparison to other discussions. Names BTW are something misleading, like our favorite Islamic "Republic" of Iran ...

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 am

Lets take something into account. SOASE is at least related to futurecraft. Why? It's spaceships, set in space. Very similar. Planetside? Futuristic ground combat.

But TF2? No relation. Granted, Company of Heroes isn't very related, but still. It wouldn't hurt to add 1 gaming subforum in place of another, unused one.

Oh, and it's funny, because you started this whole debate. Might I remind you...

I think there are at least five or six people on the forum who play SoaSE. We should all play together at some point. Discuss.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:16 am

Kerbal Space Program subforum?

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:04 pm

Commander Error wrote:Kerbal Space Program subforum?

^This Fenway :tongue: . It becomes a space forum then.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:Oh, and it's funny, because you started this whole debate. Might I remind you...

I think there are at least five or six people on the forum who play SoaSE. We should all play together at some point. Discuss.
Yes, I am fully aware of that. However, if you look closely, you will see that in fact what I did was start a thread. I have absolutely no problem with a thread for SoaSE (In fact, I wholeheartedly support it, as I did on the old forum), and likewise I have no problem with a thread for TF2, of CoH, or any other game you care to name. What I have a problem with is a subforum for it. You will note that there is not an SoaSE subforum, nor was there any mention of one until you did, in this thread. So kindly attempt to keep this debate on a serious level, rather than resorting to sarcasm and finger-pointing as I have had to do in response.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Let's just do it this way: It's fine to create any subforum as long as it is active. for this reason I believe unpopular subforums that we don't need will be closed automatically.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Iv121 wrote:Let's just do it this way: It's fine to create any subforum as long as it is active. for this reason I believe unpopular subforums that we don't need will be closed automatically.
At present, only two people can create subforums, so every time someone wants one we have to go bother either Tiel or Shiva. Also, define 'active'. And what happens to posts in subforums that get closed? And what do you mean by 'automatically'?

EDIT: Really, Tiel? Really?

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Threads from closed forums are moved to the most relevant one (in our case global gaming section). It shouldn't be much of a problem as there are probably not many threads in such forums. I guess we have yet to define what active means depending on our global activity rates, but I guess you will be able to notice deserted forum sections.