RP organization

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
RP organization

Post by cats » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:42 pm

If you've contributed to the RP section at all I'm sure you realize that it's a rather large, unwieldy beast that has yet to be tamed. My proposition is one of a loose canon and a standard format to new RPs. Our story should be written as the RP progresses along a timeline. This way there is less confusion about diplomatic relations, among other things. RPs that are staged in the future will be set in their proper locations on this timeline. The RP map will be used to define the area.

Each new RP should follow a standard format. This should including the area of the map, timeframe, specific systems and planets, conditions on the specific planets (if it is not RPer provided) and a few other things. The OP should be updated with a summary of current events every week or so.
Last edited by cats on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Re: RP organization

Post by Tunnelthunder » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 pm

That is how rps are supposed to work but here everyone makes a faction topic for whatever reason... Then, of course we all can't move time at a normal system and we kinda skew the board.
Last edited by Tunnelthunder on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:51 pm

There are only 18 topics
Last edited by blockman42 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Most of which are faction topics, and it is kinda ridiculous.
Last edited by Tunnelthunder on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:Most of which are faction topics, and it is kinda ridiculous.
who needs a topic for a faction?
Last edited by blockman42 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:37 pm

No one, but a few people thought they should and did.
Last edited by Vinyl on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 pm

I think we could change the name of 'Futurecraft Roleplay' to just 'Roleplay' to better suit its new place in the General section. This would be for any RP, like knights vs Mordor or Dr. Who vs the Sonic team, etc. Very loose rules.

There could then be a category within the RP subforum called 'Futurecraft RP' or some other, in which there is a stickied post listing the factions and their traits (Just taking the faction topic OPs and spoilering them?). The rules in the Futurecraft RP section would be very strict, and all roleplays in it must be relevant to the races described in the sticky in some shape or form.

So something like Error's Wastelands thread would go in general RP, whereas something like revan's repost of the old Diplomacy thread would be in the FC RP category.
Last edited by Chairman_Tiel on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Rhomidean
IGN:cptsporatic

Post by CaptainSporatic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Tiel wrote:I think we could change the name of 'Futurecraft Roleplay' to just 'Roleplay' to better suit its new place in the General section. This would be for any RP, like knights vs Mordor or Dr. Who vs the Sonic team, etc. Very loose rules.

There could then be a category within the RP subforum called 'Futurecraft RP' or some other, in which there is a stickied post listing the factions and their traits (Just taking the faction topic OPs and spoilering them?). The rules in the Futurecraft RP section would be very strict, and all roleplays in it must be relevant to the races described in the sticky in some shape or form.

So something like Error's Wastelands thread would go in general RP, whereas something like revan's repost of the old Diplomacy thread would be in the FC RP category.
I don't RP much but this idea seems like the best one so far, at least from what I can discern. I say go ahead and implement it.
Last edited by CaptainSporatic on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Have you ever as so much as tried to even know for sure when even so much as not to do?

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:39 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:
Tiel wrote:I think we could change the name of 'Futurecraft Roleplay' to just 'Roleplay' to better suit its new place in the General section. This would be for any RP, like knights vs Mordor or Dr. Who vs the Sonic team, etc. Very loose rules.

I don't RP much but this idea seems like the best one so far, at least from what I can discern. I say go ahead and implement it.
Seconded.
Last edited by cats on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh the irony, I suggest a sub-forum for faction threads and I get shot down imediatly, Tiel suggest we post all the OPs of he faction threads in one thread and it gets loved immediately. *Eye-roll emo here* /:|
Last edited by Shadowcatbot on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Rhomidean
IGN:cptsporatic

Post by CaptainSporatic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Shadowcat wrote:Oh the irony, I suggest a sub-forum for faction threads and I get shot down imediatly, Tiel suggest we post all the OPs of he faction threads in one thread and it gets loved immediately. *Eye-roll emo here* /:|
All hail the almighty Tiel! The eye of the bird sees all!

It is ironic though, maybe it had to do with the presentation of both ideas?
Last edited by CaptainSporatic on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Have you ever as so much as tried to even know for sure when even so much as not to do?

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Shadowcat wrote:Oh the irony, I suggest a sub-forum for faction threads and I get shot down imediatly, Tiel suggest we post all the OPs of he faction threads in one thread and it gets loved immediately. *Eye-roll emo here* /:|
I don't recall.
Last edited by Chairman_Tiel on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Look at the second thread from the bottom
Last edited by Shadowcatbot on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Perhaps you should read over my suggestion again.

You wanted an entirely new subforum for Factions. I'm saying there should be an official 'Futurecraft RP' subsubforum which would have only roleplays using the established factions which would be listed in a sole post.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]