Community symbol

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: Community symbol

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:56 pm

God durnit lets stop trying to make fancy sh** and just lay down some fast thinking simple symbol
Symbol.png
There! Its modern looking holds 2 geometric shape and 2 openended lines.

Now someone who isnt feeling lazy right now make this look good, shaded, and steely-like!
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 pm

I don't think this is really necessary, but if you're determined all I can say is that it should probably have something to do with Minecraft or something. There's no need to overthink it. Just write 'Futurecraft' or something.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:37 am

I disagree. If you plan to support many platforms your symbol should be related to them all or not related at all. Because futurecraft is the idea I found star to fit well while the planet sort of symbolises unity (And couse you didn't give anything better :P ) . So shadowcat what exactly should your symbol resemble ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:13 am

Iv121 wrote:If you plan to support many platforms
What does that mean, and why are we doing it? Like I said, I think you're overthinking this. How many videogame logos can you think of that are symbolic of anything, much less the layers of meaning you're trying to put into this? All we want is a recognizable symbol, not something that can be dissected by future scientists to reveal deep meaning in our lives.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 am

Hey hey I've got a new national hymn:

When you need something random :P.

So lels agree about one community symbol you want.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:41 am

I agree with the anthem
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:02 am

there should be a shot of FV in there

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am

That could go for background. Screenshots are stuff of quite high detail, too big for symbol, especially when resized (And this will probably happen). Also you search for something more abstract. Shadowcat made an abstract symbol yet it doesn't look good in my opinion and rather random (I'm not talking about the message which you don't want to have but the lines are drawn quite randomly).

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Iv121 wrote:I disagree. If you plan to support many platforms your symbol should be related to them all or not related at all. Because futurecraft is the idea I found star to fit well while the planet sort of symbolises unity (And couse you didn't give anything better :P ) . So shadowcat what exactly should your symbol resemble ?
It reresents 4 clicks in paint. And the slavery of trillions of electrons to make it.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:15 pm

There is a flag that I have been using on my ships that I always saw as the Futurecraft flag. Considering I don't have any pictures with me, I recommend we use that.
This is a signature.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:11 pm

I recommend we use the owl government seal as a part of our seal. I can give you formal permission as well.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm

The community/forum symbol could just be all of the main faction's flags/seals arranged in an attractive manner.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:24 am

I won't even comment on this one :/ . Read the last two pages .

Mack what is your symbol ? And ACH if it's still the same symbol I've told you that I think my random arrangement of lines looks better.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:43 am

How about we take all the best looking ships fom each faction/member, put them in one world, take a photo of all of them in the same view, then edit the backdrop to be FV

Edit: just thought about this for a few more seconds, the ships can't be too big, or have two or three big ships (e.g. The reckoning and something else that size) and a bunch of smaller ships
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:02 am

Even then, it's a picture , not a symbol. I search for something abstract and less detailed. If you want to know how your idea will look like , take the background of our forums, compress it to 500x500 pixels and imagine you put it on a banner. If our imagination works similarly you should now say "This looks crap" . Have a look at my signature, It's quite abstract, can be made of any size (big and small), much more recognizable than a screen of ships and can go well with anything I want .