Simple Hierarchy System

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Simple Hierarchy System

Post by Prototype » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Why not make the senior members judges or something?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Prototype wrote:Why not make the senior members judges or something?
Not a bad idea at all.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:49 pm

This becomes too many mods :P . I say we need to become a more dedicated social gaming community. The idea is to play games we like together. There were attempts to do it especially with SoSE but I say let's take it to an official level. Pick up some games most of the community likes, integrate into the global game's community. Recruit some people who want to play with us and get more support for the mod :) . This will also solve the problem that almost every fourth member of our community will soon become a mod ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

I have a YouTube channel and a team who would be willing to help, perhaps I could make a few PR vids to boost our profile?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Judge, not moderator.

I envision the Judge group as being composed of users who've proven themselves to be levelheaded, productive members of the community that know when to be serious, and when to play around. There's a time for everything, after all. Judges would handle warnings on a day-to-day basis and report them in the appropriate thread, where moderators and judges alike could look at them and either refute or support the 'ban-points' if they didn't want to get their hands dirty.

Only mods and above should have the ability to ban members, though this would be based on warnings given by Judges.

Do like the idea of us shifting our focus to becoming a centralized gaming community, it would definitely kill the time until FC comes out.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 pm

I reckon with the right pushes, we could make FC the most anticipated mod ever, even more so than the aether was, also boosting our profile might attract more coders and Devs (not saying we don't already have good Devs, but more would be helpful), which should increase development speed, and might allow us to have more and more stuff added. We could probably get this noticed by people like the yogscast (who I hate with a passion) which could boost our profile further, and we may also attract people with dedicated servers to lend to us (hopefully)

Actually, this isn't a bad idea, why have we not done this already (unless we already have and it failed miserably)

But this is probably a discussion for another thread, if it is, I'll move this post.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Problem is people like progress. As long as we have nothing to show we will only attract solidarity in our main minecraft thread. Otherwise we need to release a pre-Alpha as soon as possible (Which goes to your Pre-Alpha thread in the idea section). Without it we will not be able to gather a lot of attention beyond what we have now as a modding dedicated community. In order for the yogscast to review it they need footage which again gets here. If they get an exclusive first look together with the members of our community this will boost THEIR interest in the project first which will result in a video and a lot of attention.

Currently becoming a social gaming community will attract more attention and good community members who will generally make this place look nicer :) . It will require some changes in my opinion though.

BTW I see a judge as a level-headed experienced member as you said tiel. Yet this member should not have moderation rights , this to improve his objectivity. They can however cancel decisions made by mods if they see a violation or upon approved user request (Appeal)
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Publicity is a risk, but it could pay off massively
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 pm

I agree with the idea about judges; it's similar to League of Legends' Tribunal. Because of the size of the community, though, we don't need THAT many...

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 pm

I agree with Avenger to an extent. Right NOW we don't need many judges. But once the mod's in beta and released, these forums will flood with tons of people. Then we will need new Judges to handle the multitude of fools that come with them. Best to start early with the naming of judges.
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson