Can someone fix the wiki?

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Can someone fix the wiki?

Post by cats » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:30 pm

I've tried making some new bits but It's all screwey.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Re: Can someone fix the wiki?

Post by Error » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Making three threads for a simple request is not required.

Extraneous threads deleted.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Posting on my phone, sometimes it has a stutter.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:43 pm

We have a wiki?

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Saravanth wrote:We have a wiki?
http://fc-mod.com/wiki.php
Honestly, I didn't know people used it. I should probably look at the RP section more often.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Was... Was that always there? ._.

This is like finding a secret basement under your secret basement.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Tau
Admin

Post by Tau » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Anyway. What's actually wrong with it, Cats?
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:58 pm

I was actually going to suggest removing it since no one uses it and after all the wiki is what broke the chatbox.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Wait, really? We sacrificed the chatbox... for a wiki we didn't even know existed!? HERESY

Tau
Admin

Post by Tau » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Oh, the AJAX chat? I don't think very many people used that, either. We mostly used the chatbox on the old forum, and Skype.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:09 pm

We started using the old chatbox because the new one was broken. Also, not everyone can use Skype all the time, it's kinda pesty when it comes to resources.

We really should get the old chatbox back. It had infinite archives. Something we gravely need.

cannonfodder

Post by cannonfodder » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:31 pm

To clarify:

The wiki is under a link at the top of the forum, 'Lexicon'. It was added as a means to keep record of various going ons, but before I left I never got around to actually giving more than a handful of people the ability to create pages.
Ivan2006 wrote:after all the wiki is what broke the chatbox.
I don't know where you got that impression. Nothing was sacrificed to add it - I added AJAX chat as there was no shortage of complaints about mChat, but it appears Tau took the liberty of removing that as well...from what I remember it went FUBAR after I tried to integrate it with the index page. Was too much trouble to fix given few people used it anyway.

Anyway, if you could say what's wrong I could probably guess at the problem and walk Tau through it or something.

As far as chat goes, there are several paid solutions that have popped up recently that look promising.

Tau
Admin

Post by Tau » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:11 pm

I'm pretty sure the addition of the wiki screwed up the chatbox - something about the chat being incompatible with the database system that MediaWiki requires. I don't remember the specifics.

If Mercury tells me what the problem is that he's having is, then I could probably look through the logs to get a general idea of what's wrong. Probably a database error, but who knows.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:04 am

It may have just been my shitty internet. But I know I've lost editing/creating permissions.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Tau
Admin

Post by Tau » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Oh! Okay. That sounds like an easy fix, give me a few hours (I have other obligations atm).