Formal Petition to Invalidate Latest Off-Topic Enforce Vote

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Formal Petition to Invalidate Latest Off-Topic Enforce V

Post by Iv121 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:40 pm

Well this vote is fair enough to figure it all out isn't it LJS ? As I said got objections specify them Ill address your problems like I addressed Error's , got nothing constructive to say then quit ganging up on me and go elsewhere, even I have my limits and you are not welcome in my threads with that attitude, respect me and I will respect what you have to say, take responsibility for your words or quit throwing them around, nobody will take your seriously at this rate. And just to let you know I caught ppl voting in the name of a different ppl in my RP thread.

@ Error I can say the same about my patience towards you, quit ganging up on me, got something constructive to say say it. Did you notice actually that I barely touch the validity of the last vote ? In fact as you see I consider it valid as Im about to quote you for the 3rd time:
Iv121 wrote: Clarifying that the current status of the latest vote is "passed" thus on-topic is currently enforced in the members' lounge until the results of this vote state otherwise.
The only thing I do here is make sure there are no complaints about how this vote is held, the validity of the other vote doesn't concern me from the moment this thread is made. Just to clarify if you won't stop to gang up on me on every arising opportunity I will have no choice but to take it to court, when was the last time you said anything positive or at least neutral towards me Error ? Have you noticed it ? Should I go through your latest posts and quote you all the latest examples or will you take my word for it and try to improve ? Antagonizing other forum members is a bannable offense.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:44 pm

The entire purpose of repeating the previous vote is to confirm its validity, which is pointless. The vote is valid; there's no evidence or reason for people to falsify votes for a rather minor issue.

And whether Jedi and myself are welcome in your threads or not is irrelevant. Any thread in Forum Suggestions effects the forum and everyone on it, so having input from more members is a good thing.

You can hold your repeat vote if you wish, but bear in mind there's no point to it. It seems to me you're doing this to satisfy your own personal sense of how to do things.

This is a forum, not a government. One vote is perfectly fine, and there is no reason to doubt the validity of said vote.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:58 pm

Iv121 wrote: you are not welcome in my threads with that attitude, respect me and I will respect what you have to say
There's a lot to talk about here, but I just want to pull this bit in particular out. You started off this whole conversation with "Lets just admit that what you're trying to achieve is stupid at best". Respect has to go both ways. You go into every debate with the attitude that you are absolutely, completely right, everyone else is absolutely, completely wrong, and they know they're wrong but are doing it just to spite you, so the goal of the argument is to force them to admit that. Until you learn to treat disagreement as an opportunity for both sides to see the issue from a different point of view, figure out what their differences are, and reconcile them, I do not and will not respect you.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:52 am

I usually pair my harsh words with constructive criticism, you just bash at me. Moreover no matter how stupid your ideas are Its not taking away from my respect towards you, in fact notice that I call your idea stupid couse fine you passed it what’s next ? Your proposal is empty of any actual moves that you gonna take to enforce your new law, as I said and you nicely got insulted by the first half refusing to read onwards:
Iv121 wrote: lets just admit that what you are trying to achieve is stupid at best, catastrophic at worst, depending on how you plan to uphold this rule.
Your choices are between ignoring the off-topic and thus rendering this law useless or hurting the origin threads even more than off-topic hurts them. Depending on the topic off-topic is not that harmful to them either, end result you get a whole bunch of mess as a result of a half baked proposal and some arbitrary standards set by whoever is in charge. The words are directly as I wrote them, the proposal is stupid at best as it cannot be upheld if you choose the first route or catastrophic at worst if you choose the second. There is nothing personal against you, no lie and no twist, the words are as they are, read them and learn their meaning, they summarize the situation perfectly.

Lets quote a bit of your words for comparison:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:Vote using the forum voting feature, one vote per member, everyone sees results immediately --> obviously rigged
Iv runs entire vote by himself, everyone ese takes his word for what happened --> no way this could go wrong
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:You have absolutely no evidence or anything suggesting that there might have been falsification, and I'd like you to link to any other time the idea of vote falsification has even come up on these forums, ever. You don't like that you lost and now you're pulling stuff out of your ass to give everybody else a hard time about it.
Well maybe they got something constructive to say but I cant see it no matter how I look at it, enlighten me LJS, perhaps you know ? Yeah I must admit I could have chosen more pleasant words to your ears but I never insulted you directly or indirectly, the choice of words indicates that Im neutral in my relation to you, your words on the other hand reek of hatred, that is the difference between us LJS, that is why I give you respect and you don't.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:57 am

So are you actually going to link to any polls on here that have falsified votes or...?
Last edited by Vinyl on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:02 am

Well if you want to my RP one that I had to abandon due to totally lack of time as a result of the army (yeah I chose a poor timing -.- ), there were a few duplicate votes where people used the names of others to vote, got figured when I suddenly got two Daynel votes and when I asked him it figured he didn't even vote beforehand, I had to practically redo the vote and check if the ppl actually voted.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:05 am

Any other time? Perhaps with the forum's poll system and not Google Forms?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:20 am

Well this has turned into one big clusterfuck.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:30 am

Vinyl wrote:Any other time? Perhaps with the forum's poll system and not Google Forms?
Here I cannot know because well I cannot see who's voted, Im afraid someone was ready to go as far as creating alts at some point for votes, Error can ofc claim its alright and shit but Im yet to see a poll gaining 9 votes just for ONE side in 5 hours (meaning the number of ppl who voted in 5 hours is even bigger). If not for the prev case perhaps I wouldn't even notice but now as I said you can't blame me for mistrusting it.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:24 am

You're one person; you're suspicious don't seem overly reasonable to me, nor Jedi, nor (apparently) anyone else who has posted here.

The vote will not be repeated; if you make a poll here or elsewhere, it will be discounted.

Seriously, Iv. You're making a huge deal out of a fairly small-scale rule change. There's no reason for it.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:59 am

Don't dare to call yourself the voice of the people Error, you represent the opinion of yours and LJs only unless someone else give your a permission to do so. Id go ahead and say that I see only you and LJS resisting this vote, moreover I have a full right to make this vote at any time to my heart's desire just like LJS made his, like it or not you are not in position to censor me. Why would you want to censor me anyway ? If everything is alright and everything is the fruit of my imagination the vote should fail isn’t it ?

you are playing with fire Error, since when did you become so oppressive ? That feel as if you are authority itself, your word is gold, you don't serve the people they serve you, abide your word, the need to express this authority, to point around all the time that you are a mod and that you are the law.

The vote will commence as planned in 4 hours.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:29 am

"Oppressive." "Playing with fire." "Authority itself."

Iv, you are making the mistake of assuming that everything that happens here is of utmost goddamn importance to everything and everyone, and that you alone have the authority to make sure things go right.

Quit whining. Any new vote will be ignored unless Tau wants me to accept the re-vote. Any vote not using the forum poll or forum posts will be disregarded entirely. Deal with it. I have reached the end of my patience with you.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:55 am

Then you are welcome to leave, give a valid reason not to hold a vote and I might listen, I don't recall it being part of your authorities to censor votes. It all begins from small things such as this Error. Only a stupid person will close the lead in one go, a clever dictator tightens the bolts one by one slowly but surely, none of the bolts that are tightened are really important, who cares if Russia demands you to declare your foreign citizenships or if Egypt prevents people from gathering up in Tahrir ... Those things add up though, Russia is now in the process of outlawing Facebook and Twitter while Egypt is already done tightening up the bolts by executing / imprisoning all opposition.
Last edited by Iv121 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:59 am

There's no reason to hold another vote when there's only one person on the forum expressing suspicion of said vote's validity.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:03 am

I don't vote for a vote's validity, lets assume that I do not support the passed legislation and I propose to restore the old system, if the public is not satisfied it will just vote no and we'll be over it, its a fully legit vote just like the one held by LJS.