Formal Petition to Invalidate Latest Off-Topic Enforce Vote

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Formal Petition to Invalidate Latest Off-Topic Enforce V

Post by Error » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:04 am

We already voted once. Clear majority, 11 for, 4 against. Create a new poll if you feel so inclined, but really, there's no reason to.

I suggest we wait, maybe a week, then see who wants to revert to the old system and who doesn't that way everyone will have a week to judge the effectiveness of the enforcement system.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:29 am

Iv121 wrote:Then you are welcome to leave, give a valid reason not to hold a vote and I might listen, I don't recall it being part of your authorities to censor votes. It all begins from small things such as this Error. Only a stupid person will close the lead in one go, a clever dictator tightens the bolts one by one slowly but surely, none of the bolts that are tightened are really important, who cares if Russia demands you to declare your foreign citizenships or if Egypt prevents people from gathering up in Tahrir ... Those things add up though, Russia is now in the process of outlawing Facebook and Twitter while Egypt is already done tightening up the bolts by executing / imprisoning all opposition.
Iv. I don't think anyone here can deny that I am perhaps the most sharply opinionated person on the forums when it comes to enforcing the limits on moderator/administrator authority, even when that authority is my own, and I am saying to you: You are not being oppressed.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:15 am

Perhaps, so long this thread is open and nobody tries to close this poll I can agree.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error

Post by Error » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:17 am

Iv, it's an online gaming forum. Stop acting like I'm being Stalin to you IRL.

The thread will stay open. But I am under -no- requirement to acknowledge the vote here unless Tau wants me to or a majority votes to repeal the previous petition.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:56 am

Well if the vote fails then there is no need for you to acknowledge anything as everything remains as is, it means that the right for fair vote of each member was upheld, otherwise Im afraid you will have to return to the drawing table. Either way as I replied to your PM I will request you to take note and avoid issues such as indecisive poll answers, spontaneous opening and voting with no time for discussion or change of mind etc. in the future.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:57 am

He's not saying you can't vote, go ahead, it's just pointless to even bother because it won't be considered for legislation.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Iv121 wrote:otherwise Im afraid you will have to return to the drawing table.
Good luck with that.

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:12 pm

Look, I did all the hard work for you:
The poll recieved 15 votes. In the last two days, we have had 18 unquestionably distinct members online:
Last_Jedi_Standing
Ivan2006
L-ADM Error
Iv121
Saravanth
Prototype
_C_
Vinyl
Tau
Shadowcat
ACH0225
Delta
Professor Fenway
Crash Override
Daynel
Fr0stbyte124
CatsVsNinjas
Tell

Unless you want to accuse one of those people of being an alt that's managed to remain hidden across years of interaction, your entire premise is faulty. There's no reason whatsoever to think that we got more votes than is reasonable.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:29 pm

Mate if no votes were falsified its even better because it is the hardest issue to resolve ! All that is left for you is to pay attention to the remaining two, you know nobody cancelled them or something...

Plus the fact there are those active members doesn't mean they all voted and they all voted within 5 hours. In fact just as I can't prove there were falsifications you can't prove otherwise, Im not trying to anyway, even if they were falsified or even if they didn't I improved the security over this vote to remove the doubts completely.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore

Post by  ҉  » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Iv121 wrote:Plus the fact there are those active members doesn't mean they all voted and they all voted within 5 hours. In fact just as I can't prove there were falsifications you can't prove otherwise, Im not trying to anyway, even if they were falsified or even if they didn't I improved the security over this vote to remove the doubts completely.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Oh, look, Lord Fr0st was online! \o/

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Well either way vote is now open, in order to vote make a post here with the answer yes or no to the question whether or not you want to cancel the latest passed legislation about enforcement of off-topic in the members' lounge. The results will be counted and if majority votes yes the legislation will be cancelled, otherwise it will remain in place, full details can be found in the OP.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:11 pm

No, do not repeal the previous vote.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Vote: No.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Vote=no, don't repeal
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: