Formal petition to enforce on-topicness in Member's Lounge

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.

Should on-topic be enforced in the Members' Lounge?

Yes.
60%
No.
27%
Yes, with caveats. (Post below.)
13%

Total votes: 15

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Formal petition to enforce on-topicness in Member's Loun

Post by Prototype » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:43 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Iv121 wrote:lets just admit that what you are trying to achieve is stupid at best
Go fuck yourself. C:

Obviously I voted yes.
Kek

I voted yes.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:46 am

I voted yes, but I do hope we manage to keep on-topic without the forum imploding or something.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:16 am

Day 47

It's been 47 days since the mods at the FC Forums tried to keep threads on-topic. Immediately after, the world economy collapsed, ebola became visually transmitted, and the Strigiforme invaded from their Yttrium Gates. Our prompt attack took the world, enslaving all humans. We all thought it was over, until Ebola made the jump to infect Strigiforme. Our biological containment protocol wasn't enough; we couldn't stop it. Meanwhile, the world fell into anarchy without the Strigiforme enforcing their laws, with most of the population dying, and the rest wearing spiky leather clothing and growing mohawks. Everyone in the world has since learned the cause of this calamity; the mods at the FC Forums tried to enforce on-topic.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:02 am

I voted yes, but I agree with what cats said. Yes on all interesting topics, random conversations should be allowed to occur in rotting topic-corpses while fresh.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:34 am

Majority vote is yes; on-topic will be enforced in the Members' Lounge unless there is no clearly defined topic and/or the OP of the thread specifically requests it not be enforced.

Note that the request may be denied. If you have issue with this, please PM me.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:33 am

Well so far there are 6v5 against the proposal, you are likely to win as more votes turn true but its not the reason Im doing it, Im more concerned with false votes. Please everyone who voted yes say so (I know it goes against incognito votes but in our case I believe knowing the nature of the votes is more important as the knowledge of the vote source cannot directly hurt the voter, Im not your employer or something ...).
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error

Post by Error » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:44 am

11 total votes for (9 yes, 2 yes with caveats) and 4 against. Clear majority win. Apologies if you don't like the outcome.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:02 am

first of all 6 against , there is a faulty at the vote system itself as you cannot vote "maybe" which is the last option, if you have "maybes" you sort em prior to votes, but again I dont give a damn about the off-topic stuff, I have a very VERY serious suspicion ppl are falsifying votes on this forum, its not the first time it happened and I wanna know who’s behind it. If you have nothing to hide say you voted yes, until then I can only acknowledge 5 votes for, you didn't state what you voted yet Error BTW, Id assume yes but until you say so I cannot state that you voted yes on my own accord. As said earlier this vote will be tight at best and much more likely in favor of the resolution however its not what interests me right now.

Finally Error you are not a bunch of street arabs pumped up for the Arabic Spring, you should know that democracy is more than majority vote, if thats all you know about it your fate is the Arabic Winter, the spring is over and they were back to the same dictatorships they overthrew.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:08 am

Iv. Off topic will now be enforced in the Members' Lounge by default, unless requested otherwise - essentially just an invert of the previous system.

And it's not "maybe" - it's a "yes", "yes but I have a stipulation", "no", or, if you don't care, no vote.

Please stop going on about false votes; I go by what the poll says, again, if you dislike it, apologies but that's how thing will be now.

I voted yes; I thought my obvious support for this petition would have made that clear.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:16 am

ITT: Iv is so tick about no longer being allowed to derail any thread he wants that he accuses the opposition of vote fraud. Get over yourself, Iv. If you find that most people disagree with you, the reason will never be that the small actual opposition has rigged the system to make you lose—it's because you hold unpopular opinions.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:18 am

I think system should stay as was; only enforced on OP's request
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:21 am

Sorry, ACH, but poll closed on the 26th; no new votes are counted.

If you want your threads un-enforced, you can say so in the OP.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:23 am

I already voted, I'm just declaring my vote.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:06 pm

I voted yes, but after reading everyone else's arguments I think we should've given everyone more time to think. To be honest, it was on fairly short notice.

Too late now, though. Let's see how this new setup goes. It's like a shitty experiment.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:33 pm

There is not too late now, did you know that In real votes you cannot vote on the day of the proposal and a time is given for each proposal to be discussed so that proposals can't be passed overnight. there are too many flaws in this vote to be counted legit, @ LJS I don’t mind to actually vote yes just to let you know, you behave like assholes trying to shut ppl up, what is happening here is more or less an attempt to force a vote by any means necessary, I request the holding of a new vote with the following changes:

1. The answers of the vote are clear, either yes or no, any reservations or changes must be discussed prior to the vote, the vote itself may only have two answers. If we come up with 3 or more solutions a vote for each solution will be held separately one by one, once one of the solutions passed it is accepted and the others automatically fail, if all votes fail the proposal fails and you are back at the drawing table if you want to attempt something new.

2. The vote should also specify exactly what "yes" means, not "do you agree to the proposal ?", but "Do you agree to enforce on-topicness in all topics even without the request of the OP ?" (On the contrary to the current system)

3. The vote will be open, this way we know ppl don't fake votes, lets face it 9 votes in our inactive community in less than 5 hours if I recall is overkill.

4. The vote will not commence until the topic is discussed for 1 day, it will remain open for 3 days, during that time anyone can change their vote however they like. The vote will not close spontaneously, but at a specified time in the OP, this way you can't blame the one who closed the vote in preventing ppl from sounding their voice.

If the answer is that clear LJS you have nothing to be afraid of in a new vote right ? In case of refusal to this request I will start a topic myself where a vote to abolish off-topic moderation as declared here will be held by the rules I specified above. If the proposal fails it means you won legitimately but if it passes you will be forced to redo your proposal. Basically either you make a new vote or I am, as I said earlier I might actually vote yes as off-topicness might be destructive in some threads, but not under the conditions set here and the pressure applied to the voters.