Rule against impersonation

Concerning changes to the rules, styling, etc. As this is a new forum, feedback is appreciated.

Should the suggested rule be implemented?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 14

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: Rule against impersonation

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Can we just pass this rule for the sake of the sanity of those of us who still have it and skip the (according to Tau's forum constitution unneccessary) poll part?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:59 pm

It's a dumb rule and you should feel dumb for suggesting it.

Might as well ban conspiracies while we're at it, eh? (Not even sure if that's still a thing, nor do I care, but just to give you a point of reference here.)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:13 pm

It's not a rule, but I'm going to politely request nobody use another member's "what they're known as" username.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:12 pm

@Tiel

Sorry, I don't see how that's related.
I am trying to avoid people trolling the entire community wheras the conspiracy consists of strategic interaction withing the Futurecraft-RP.
You can ban the conspiracy if you make a roleplay, but banning a roleplay-thing from the entire forum is just silly.
Also the only way the conspiracy ever spilled outside the roleplay was my [redacted]-spamming phase which I got over and promised not to repeat.
Therefore 'banning the conspiracy' does not even belong into the forum rules, if at all, it belongs into the rules of a roleplay, but definetly not the forum rules.
So you propably made a pretty bad example.

Especially since using a conspiracy outside the roleplay (especially if it keeps happening a lot) is considered spamming by Error's current moderation policies.
Also I'd like to see you have either Error or Tau agree on a forum-wide conspiracy-ban.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:It's not a rule, but I'm going to politely request nobody use another member's "what they're known as" username.
There are exactly 2 people who feel this is an issue. If this were a poll it would have been soundly shot down by now.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error

Post by Error » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:22 pm

CHAIRMAN MAO wrote:
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:It's not a rule, but I'm going to politely request nobody use another member's "what they're known as" username.
There are exactly 2 people who feel this is an issue. If this were a poll it would have been soundly shot down by now.
Let me rephrase. I'm going to politely request as a moderator nobody use another member's commonly-used name.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:27 pm

Kzin wrote: That would stand if Last_Jedi_Standing was my name everywhere on the Internet. It's not. It's not even the name I use most frequently. I haven't named an account LJS in years. If I changed my name to Tsavong Lah or TraatAdmiral it would arguably be more accurate than when it's LJS. That's why as far as the forum is concerned I'm not LJS or Tsavong or anyone: I'm member number 68. You're member number 89. Only that is set in stone. Everything else can be changed whenever and however you desire. "He is still Tiel" is wrong. The correct answer is "He has always been member 62". All else is an illusion.
Really ? Will you search for "member 89 " in steam or WoT ? No ? Good, hope this shows you how foolish it is to name me a number on some random forum, THAT is the thing that is truly not set in stone, I wanna go to other forum my number will change, it is a name like any other, meaningless idiotic and disrespectful but still it holds the properties of a name. You are more likely to find me by the name Iv121 than any other anywhere on the internet.

When you go elsewhere and name yourself something else you create a new internet persona, they share the same character as LJS but they are different people from there on with different words, being and reputation among others, they won't know you as LJS either, that is why in order to avoid such problems you better stick to one name as much as possible, if I am to return to some older places Ive been in people will recognize me and because they also behave generally like me so will I, that means shared memories, laughs, all the things I did with them on the internet, that is them meaning of your name, you change it its all gone.

Also threes me, Ivan, Error, Tell, Proto supporting that idea, not enough for Tiel? Well even if you don’t get majority you wnna say you don’t give a shit about what those ppl think ? You won't do them this little favor and instead decide to do the opposite just because ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Iv121 wrote:Also threes me, Ivan, Error, Tell, Proto supporting that idea, not enough for Tiel? Well even if you don’t get majority you wnna say you don’t give a shit about what those ppl think ? You won't do them this little favor and instead decide to do the opposite just because?
Don't be silly now, you don't count as a person. Proto wasn't for, and Error is obligated to be impartial.
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:
CHAIRMAN MAO wrote:
Let me rephrase. I'm going to politely request as a moderator nobody use another member's commonly-used name.
You say you're just 'asking' but in dropping the fact that you're a moderator you negate any notion that this is anything but compulsory.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Really ? I don't remember you denominating him from being human, he ASKED you to stop, WE asked you to stop, we know what we asked and that is a fact, don't want to do us this favor ? Just say so and I wont ask you again but keep in mind that thats not how you should behave towards friends, they asked something so do them this little favor, its not much to ask at all.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Iv121 wrote:Really ? I don't remember you denominating him from being human, he ASKED you to stop, WE asked you to stop, we know what we asked and that is a fact, don't want to do us this favor ? Just say so and I wont ask you again but keep in mind that thats not how you should behave towards friends, they asked something so do them this little favor, its not much to ask at all.
I don't see what this has to do with me beyond the fact that LJS was "asked" to change his username on the basis that I took insult. Which I didn't and still don't.

Also, stop using 'we' like it's more than you and two people. The whole 'majority rules' thing only works when you actually have a majority. You also can't seem to decide whether it's "we" or "them"...make up your mind.
Last edited by Chairman_Tiel on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:14 pm

I would like to take this opportunity to politely point out that I do not give a solitary fuck about the situation.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:16 pm

I'd love to say the same but at this point I feel obligated to fight it because this whole thing is grade A stupid.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:22 pm

This is a poll now and it's even. Also I'd like to point out that I'm not China.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:35 pm

I asked Jedi to not use your username to avoid confusion, Tiel, not because I thought you were offended.

Plus, there's no reason to use someone else's commonly-used name. So I fail to see why this is an issue.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:40 pm

Error, if I may add: There is exactly one reason: trolling.

Also have some me trying to sue you with already existing rules because I'm annoyed:
Spoiler:
Technically, that would mean that there already is a rule against it (Rule 2), as long as it "disrupts normal forum activities", which I think is given if forum members are annoyed at seeing people stealing their names (which would be me and tell) or get confused about what actually is happening (Kobalkia).
Quotes:
Spoiler: