New rules for a new forum. They are as follows:
1; Avoid off topic posting. If a new discussion appears in a thread, a new thread can be created. Off topic will only be enforced outside the Member's Lounge (otherwise I'd be here all day).
2; No antagonizing other forum members. Civil discussions and arguments are fine, constant warnings to keep it calm and civil is trying my patience.
1. Necroposting is allowed with a valid reason (i.e. if you have something constructive to add). If a topic on a certain... topic already exists, but is not active, bumping it rather than posting a new topic would be preferable; however, it is not necessary.
2. Spam and trolling to an extent that disrupts normal forum activities shall be disallowed.
3. Moderators, under most circumstances, have ultimate arbitration power within the confines of these rules (what they say, goes). Moderators also have no power outside those laid out in these rules. The forum administrator has the power to overrule any moderator decision should popular opinion be in the favor of it (assuming, of course, overruling it would not break any of these rules).
4. Alternate accounts are only to be used to discuss or appeal a ban. Any use other than that will result in deletion of the alt and a possible one-week tempban for the main account.
5. No *, 'cybering', gore, or illegal activities (piracy, etc.) shall be allowed on the forum. Cursing and profanity is okay, provided that such profanity does not violate any other parts of Rule 5. This rule is superseded by rule 6.
6. The chatbox is unmoderated, except for spam. This rule supersedes rule 5.
7. No moderator shall be under 16 years of age. The popular opinion of the forum members will be taken into account when choosing moderators, but the power to elect moderators ultimately remains with the forum administrator. (We don't want any badmins or incompetent moderators. Remember the last time that happened?)
8. Avoid off topic posting. If an off-topic discussion appears in a thread, a new thread should be created. This rule will only be enforced outside the Member's Lounge.
9. No antagonizing other forum members. As long as matters are handled in a civil fashion, it's fine; but personal attacks (ad-hominem arguments, etc.) and cries of "BUT HE/SHE/XIR STARTED IT NUYAGHHH" aren't advisable.