Server builds

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran
Server builds

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:27 am

It has come to my attention that tyere are a lot of good (and some not so good) builds on the server. For some reason, very few seem to get posted. As such, I have created this topic so that we (mostly you guys, as I rarely play on the server) can share all the otherwise under appreciated builds. Perhaps someone would like to share their tower in the city, or their ships, or even their mountain range?

On a side note, I will use Voxel Sniper to remove what are clearly unfinished or unworthy builds. If you are currently working on a project, stick a sign on it somewhere obvious, so I don't remove it by mistake. I'll be pretty lenient, so don't worry too much. It'll be a few days before I'm on the server, and I never play unless someone else is on already, so plenty of time to prepare.
This is a signature.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Server builds

Post by cats » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Mac, you're just going to end up tick a lot of people off if you tour the server wiping out all builds you deem sub-par. Community build areas are already monitored for less-than-standard.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:17 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Mac, you're just going to end up tick a lot of people off if you tour the server wiping out all builds you deem sub-par. Community build areas are already monitored for less-than-standard.
Exactly.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:39 am

Cortana wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:Mac, you're just going to end up tick a lot of people off if you tour the server wiping out all builds you deem sub-par. Community build areas are already monitored for less-than-standard.
Exactly.
If there's any moderation going on with the builds, I've yet to see it.
This is a signature.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Cortana wrote:
Exactly.
If there's any moderation going on with the builds, I've yet to see it.
Precisely.

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Well, has this topic really failed that dismally?
This is a signature.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Yes.

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Rhomidean
IGN:cptsporatic

Post by CaptainSporatic » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Well I tried going on the server but there was no one who could promote me or op me for whatever permission it is to build... :/
Spoiler:
Have you ever as so much as tried to even know for sure when even so much as not to do?

hyperlite
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hyperlite » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:04 pm

The problem for people not posting things is you have to take screenshots, then host them on another site, then copy them to here, and perhaps make a spoiler, and if you are willing to do all that it will be for something very nice that you have built, not little things you make on the server. Also you would put it in your own topic. But if someone wanted to volunteer to go around the sever taking and posting pictures, that would be cool.
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh! Oh! Me! Pick me! I'll do it! I'll do it! Pick me!

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:39 pm

hyperlite wrote:The problem for people not posting things is you have to take screenshots, then host them on another site, then copy them to here, and perhaps make a spoiler, and if you are willing to do all that it will be for something very nice that you have built, not little things you make on the server. Also you would put it in your own topic. But if someone wanted to volunteer to go around the sever taking and posting pictures, that would be cool.
I second the motion!
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Dux_Tell31 wrote:
hyperlite wrote:The problem for people not posting things is you have to take screenshots, then host them on another site, then copy them to here, and perhaps make a spoiler, and if you are willing to do all that it will be for something very nice that you have built, not little things you make on the server. Also you would put it in your own topic. But if someone wanted to volunteer to go around the sever taking and posting pictures, that would be cool.
I second the motion!
I third this and vote for I being the one who does that.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Yeah, Vinyl's on enough of the time, she'll be informed of any awesotacular builds people make.

I also would also like to ask someone if I can be granted modship, but I suppose the server thread would be better for that...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 am

catsonmeth wrote:Yeah, Vinyl's on enough of the time, she'll be informed of any awesotacular builds people make.

I also would also like to ask someone if I can be granted modship, but I suppose the server thread would be better for that...
Excellent! Vinyl, go with my blessing on your quest to find builds.

And Cats, even I don't have modship on the server, learn to deal with it, there aren't any real reasons why you would need it.
This is a signature.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 am

For some reason I feel moderating builds will get you screamed at.

And this thread will probly die past about page 10.