Private in futurecraft AKA War or not

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
FlyingJobo
Recruit
Recruit
Private in futurecraft AKA War or not

Post by FlyingJobo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 am

I want to ask you (devs or someone who knows about futurecraft development), are there going to be private territories(ones where you can't destroy anything)? If yes - bad news (we won't have wars) :( , if no - woo-ho*preparing gun* (^-^)/ !

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Re: Private in futurecraft AKA War or not

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:41 am

"Planned" is generous. We just argued about it a bunch and didn't decide on anything. In fact, I'm pretty sure that one is usually Joykler's exhibit A pointing out the ineffectiveness of our discussions.
As we don't have a designated topic for it on the new board, it is fine if you would like to create a new thread for it, but please review what has already been discussed first.

Bottom line: there are two schools of thought on this forum. First is that given the amount of firepower people are going to get in this mod, stuff needs to be more actively protected from griefing, at the expense of unannounced PvP if necessary. The other is that given sufficient ability to defend oneself/retaliate, external measures shouldn't be required to keep the balance. Ideally we would find some sort of middle-ground where PvP is encouraged, but only when both parties are guaranteed a fighting chance. So far, the proposals have swayed too far to one side or the other, and a few would have even made griefing easier. It's a very difficult but important element of Futurecraft which will directly affect how much fun FC is to play.

Once again, that was simply a synopsis. Please make a new topic on the appropriate board if you wish to contribute.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:27 am

Topic moved.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:44 am

Oh and also no private universes so early in - the people will simply be too spread out (they are already with all the stuff ppl want to add) and no sufficient hardware will be present to serve all this stuff.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:59 am

We will make it possible for anyone to host their own galaxy, but it will likely be kind of complicated.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm

thank you for helping point out the in effectiveness
also join in on the dev-new notary officer topic to help the cause

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:36 pm

joykler wrote:thank you for helping point out the in effectiveness
also join in on the dev-new notary officer topic to help the cause
You don't have a cause, joykler.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:09 pm

i have a cause for applause

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:11 pm

No.....
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 pm

I like your avatar, I'll give you that

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by joykler » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:12 pm

my avatar ?

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Post by blockman42 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 pm

joykler wrote:my avatar ?
no, the new guy

saqib126
Recruit
Recruit
IGN:saqib126

Post by saqib126 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:28 am

I have an idea. There will be four groups of people, lonewolfs, factions, pirates, and police.

Pirates: Can attack to steal. Not allowed to fire unless those being attacked give indication of fighting back. If those being attacked surrender the pirates may take what they want then leave. Anyone may attack them. Pirates steal for their own benefit, they are not griefers. Can be groups or single players. Factions can be pirates if they put pirate in the faction name. If they do they operate by these rules.

Police: Their job is specifically to capture or destroy pirates. Anyone who attacks the police becomes a pirate unless it is a faction. Then the faction becomes a rebel faction. They can attack any rebel faction or pirate without warning.

Lonewolfs: Mainly mind their own business while they try to become rich. They can become pirates if they break the law. Those who attack lonewolfs are pirates. Police and factions are not allowed to attack lonewolfs. Lonewolfs may be traders, miners, ect.

Factions: Can attack police and other factions if they declare war. Again like anyone else they can attack pirates without declaring war. Unlike pirates if war is declared surrender can be declined so they can destroy the opponent. Factions can also act as PMC's. PMC's follow the rules of those that hire them. If a lonewolf hires a PMC they follow these rules.

EDIT by Lightspeed: No necro,please read the forum rules!

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:32 am

First of all, don't necropost in dead threads; let them rest in peace.

Second of all, that's very restrictive. If I don't want to be one of those, then what? We aren't going to force people to be 1 or 2, hopefully we'll give them plenty of options. I don't think we're even using classifications beyond "in a faction" or "not in a faction".
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: