Goodbye.

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215
Re: Goodbye.

Post by Keon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am

Everybody here, topic is locked. Don't make me delete it.

Shiva, stay if you want, LJS stay if you want, but the reality is this is a mod, not a political war.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 am

Avenger_7 wrote: Tiel: Completely aloof
C:
Shiva wrote: Also, I seriously need a way to like posts. Frosty's was brilliant.
Alright.

[url=http://futurecraftforums.tk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=404]Also this thread.[/url]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 am

Shiva wrote:Fact of the matter is, Jedi, you only have as much power as the community gives you. For now, you have power.
Yes. That is the case, and exactly as it should be. I'm not a god, either. If at any point I am in violation of the rules, or the forum decides that I am no longer a good moderator, I will leave my position peacefully, because that is what the rules of the forum require of me. As Avenger noted, I will obey all the rules to the best of my ability, and that includes those which would result in my losing power. Every other way would be wrong.
Shiva wrote:Me, I will always have power until such a time as I feel comfortable giving it up to someone who'll run the asylum better than this particular lunatic. Tiel s-elected me because I was the old admin.
We come to the problem of why you have power. As far as I am aware, you had power on the old forum because you were the one who created it. What I do not understand is why that power transferred to this forum. By rights, Tiel should be the admin, as he fulfills the position that you had on the old forum. Your logic with me was 'I gave you power and I can take it away'. Does the same thing apply to your power? You don't have the mandate of heaven. As I said but you don't seem to understand, you're not a god, nor did one chose you to run this place. You say Tiel selected you. When he did so, did he know that he was giving you absolute power for the rest of your life? Because I don't think you will ever give up power voluntarily at this point. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Shiva wrote:Now I'm the current admin, and you can't handle that. I honestly think I'm going to have to stave off my admin retirement just to fight you, because whereas I will admit I was wrong to even get into an argument with you, you were also wrong to reverse the decision of someone higher ranked than you.
So who can reverse your decisions? Where's the oversight? At what point have you gone too far? I don't think there's really any question that you were in violation of the rules when you banned Mensrea. What if you decided to ban, say, Avenger, just because you didn't like him? Would that be OK? Would I be wrong to fix it? There are rules. There are always rules. There have to be.
Shiva wrote:I have contributed to the mod, and you have not. Any of the DEVs has or will contribute to the mod, but you have not.
Also, Jedi, you have literally no idea what I have had to do with the mod.
No, you're right. I don't know what you've done for the mod. That was before my time. Why don't you enlighten me? I will retract that part of my argument if you can. I suspect that, like the email logs that you never produced, you're just making @#$% up.

EDIT: Sorry Keon. I've been typing this intermittently for a few hours now, since before you locked this.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore

Post by Shiva » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 pm

I understand that I'm not a god, you blundering fool. In the context of this forum, however, I'm the closest thing there is. Tiel chose to make me Admin because he didn't want to be - and remember that we fought on those old forums as well. The fact that he chose me anyway says a lot, does it not?

There ARE no rules governing when a moderator or Admin has the right to ban someone. The rules of the forum are a guideline as to when, yes, and serve as a warning list of actions that WILL likely get you banned, but they are NOT the hard-and-fast rules you seem to think they are. As a point of pure fact, NO moderator should be able to reverse a DEV's or Admin's decisions.

You're more than welcome to peruse Area 51 on the old forums, as well as the Futurecraft thread on MCForums itself. That's where I made note of the work I was doing.
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Okay, seeing as how nobody seems to be happy until they can get in the last word, and seeing how half the forum can inexplicably continue posting in a locked thread, let's try something new...

THIS THREAD IS NOW OFFICIALLY DEAD.
ANY POSTS FOLLOWING THIS ONE WILL BE ACTIVELY DELETED.
NO EXCEPTIONS.

No more justice. No more talk about rules or authority. It is all now null and void.
Any attempts to revive this thread, or spawn new threads solely for the purpose of continuing to cast blame about will be summarily closed as well. Any continued attempts to reopen this discussion will result in thread deletion, including this thread.

This is a god damned public message board, and I would ask that people reserve the same level of composure and civility that you would in any other public place.