Goodbye.

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7
Re: Goodbye.

Post by Avenger_7 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Shiva: Impulsive and kind of an angry person
Jedi: The rod up his ass has a rod up it's ass
Tiel: Completely aloof
ACH: Not from around here
Pat: Passive-aggressive
fr0st: Trolldad of the forums
Iv: Rather stubborn, but not stupid
Mack: Kind of arrogant, a bit of a hipster, no sense of humor.

Can't really profile myself, but that's basically what I've seen from everyone so far...

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore

Post by Shiva » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Pat22 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:Because we just lost the big human upstairs who made sure no one went retard mode. Now, mods are running around, and no one watches then all the time impartially. It afears me.
Yeah? Who watches the "big human upstairs"? Why does that not frighten you? Methinks you don't spend enough time in Shiva's electronic company to truly know who it is you've given absolute power to, especially if you think Jedi is a bigger threat than she is.
Dude, you're never even on, so you can't claim that you've "spent enough time in my electronic company", either. We used to play Sins together, and that's it. I'm not a threat to anyone who isn't a complete and total dumbarse, and/or someone who insults and belittles me with no cause or true grounds to do so.

Also, I seriously need a way to like posts. Frosty's was brilliant.
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Well, at least you are posting. Un-goodbye then? Sins sometime?
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:Shiva: Impulsive and kind of an angry person

Can't really profile myself, but that's basically what I've seen from everyone so far...
I got you
Avenger- builds cool ships, can't use paint, runs server

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Shiva » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Keon wrote:Well, at least you are posting. Un-goodbye then? Sins sometime?
Not really. No. Maybe.

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:
Spoiler:
Avenger_7 wrote:Shiva: Impulsive and kind of an angry person

I got you
Avenger- builds cool ships, can't use paint, runs server
That is not what I was doing :P

I also did the avatar purposely lazy, because I haven't seriously used Photoshop in a very very very long time.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 am

While I read the logs you were wrong Shiva. You know well he did nothing bad to you. If you want justice reserve it for that laser guy who banned you though I doubt you'll ever have the chance. An important point to be made is that you should not do something unless you are cool-headed. Another point is that I'll agree with you that admins are gods ... but not in this universe. This is a stubborn, well made community that respects laws and justice. They are not a simple mob and they won't agree to ban people unjustly and there is nothing you can do about it, that is how it should be :) .They keep everyone in check and if you make a mistake they point it out and ask you to fix it. You should do so. While it is alright to make mistakes when you are told about them and continue with your own it is something beyond that mistake. Finally while I'm not yet convinced all that burden of an admin is for you I'm accepting you as a human and I want to see you here as a human and goddamn expect you to be here as more than a lurking shadow behind the admin panel. Maybe even a bit of time off will help you cool down and rejoin the community as a constructive, active member.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 am

Shiva wrote:
Pat22 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:Because we just lost the big human upstairs who made sure no one went retard mode. Now, mods are running around, and no one watches then all the time impartially. It afears me.
Yeah? Who watches the "big human upstairs"? Why does that not frighten you? Methinks you don't spend enough time in Shiva's electronic company to truly know who it is you've given absolute power to, especially if you think Jedi is a bigger threat than she is.
Dude, you're never even on, so you can't claim that you've "spent enough time in my electronic company", either. We used to play Sins together, and that's it. I'm not a threat to anyone who isn't a complete and total dumbarse, and/or someone who insults and belittles me with no cause or true grounds to do so.

Also, I seriously need a way to like posts. Frosty's was brilliant.
Oh but I have, I'm kinda good at that sort of thing and you're about as clear as thin air. And as for "anyone who isn't a complete and total dumbarse, and/or someone who insults and belittles me" is that the judgement of who fits that description is entirely up to you and no one can tell you otherwise, because if someone does, they then become part of the "or someone who insults and belittles me" category.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
We're not a democracy.
Oh that had become immensely apparent quite a long time ago.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:37 am

Pat22 wrote: Oh but I have, I'm kinda good at that sort of thing and you're about as clear as thin air. And as for "anyone who isn't a complete and total dumbarse, and/or someone who insults and belittles me" is that the judgement of who fits that description is entirely up to you and no one can tell you otherwise, because if someone does, they then become part of the "or someone who insults and belittles me" category.
Yeah, we're going to have to work on that.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:26 am

just everyone sit down
breathe and count to ten before you post
because i think this makes no sense
so she was mad she is human we all are no matter what you say
and everyone who would take her place would make same mistakes

and most people on this forum who would be possible for the job shouldnt do it
because they are too involved in the forum
shiva took enough distance betweeen her and the forum
so she wouldnt get sucked into these kinds of discussions
but when it happens once you could atleast first hear all of her story then gather all the moderators and then discuss what to do
and doing that while sitting down

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:22 am

I don’t think it will any different results. As I said the problem wasn't in her mistake but the refusal to see it and fix it, from that point it all deteriorated to wrong places ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:03 am

ACH0225 wrote:That feeling is natural Shiva. Don't disparage it.

Point is, I have never had complaints about Shivadmin. Shiva has never made unliked decisions(aside from this one), and has pretty much been unobtrusive. Now, LJS, on the other hand, has been a stickler for all rules, even when they were unnecessary an unwanted to be stickled about. I feel that LJS is becoming too powerful, and that the forum is coming down to pointless politicking and bickering. Instead, mods should be appointed by DEVs and Shiva, who retain big power. Mods should not be immovable point in the firmaments, and should be easily replaced and over viewed frequently by DEVs and Shiva, and they should be replaced if needed. Also, please don't misconstrue my statements as claims that I should be a mod. I don't particularly want to be one. We need peer review, to prevent any mod from seizing power or making rash decisions, as well as to ensure any rash decisions by Shiva/DEVs are controlled and ensure te world doesnt implode because of them. Also, mods should be communicating through very visibly means, so we(forum users) know what is going on. Also, 3 mods/odd number, so to prevent ties.

TL;DR- Shiva should stay, mods should become a non-essential part of forum and should know they are not actually that powerful. Peer review should also be in place to prevent stupidity. 3 mods, fairly regular communication.
Jedi is too powerful ==> replace by dictator with complete power? I'm not sure how you got there. Shiva has somehow transformed from the person who made the forum to the person who rules the forum. I understand why that was the way it was on the old forum, but I don't know why Shiva's still in power now, given that she had nothing to do with the mod, nothing to do with the forum, and she wasn't elected. When I suggested that she had anything other than absolute power here, this happened. That should terrify you.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Shiva » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:33 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:That feeling is natural Shiva. Don't disparage it.

Point is, I have never had complaints about Shivadmin. Shiva has never made unliked decisions(aside from this one), and has pretty much been unobtrusive. Now, LJS, on the other hand, has been a stickler for all rules, even when they were unnecessary an unwanted to be stickled about. I feel that LJS is becoming too powerful, and that the forum is coming down to pointless politicking and bickering. Instead, mods should be appointed by DEVs and Shiva, who retain big power. Mods should not be immovable point in the firmaments, and should be easily replaced and over viewed frequently by DEVs and Shiva, and they should be replaced if needed. Also, please don't misconstrue my statements as claims that I should be a mod. I don't particularly want to be one. We need peer review, to prevent any mod from seizing power or making rash decisions, as well as to ensure any rash decisions by Shiva/DEVs are controlled and ensure te world doesnt implode because of them. Also, mods should be communicating through very visibly means, so we(forum users) know what is going on. Also, 3 mods/odd number, so to prevent ties.

TL;DR- Shiva should stay, mods should become a non-essential part of forum and should know they are not actually that powerful. Peer review should also be in place to prevent stupidity. 3 mods, fairly regular communication.
Jedi is too powerful ==> replace by dictator with complete power? I'm not sure how you got there. Shiva has somehow transformed from the person who made the forum to the person who rules the forum. I understand why that was the way it was on the old forum, but I don't know why Shiva's still in power now, given that she had nothing to do with the mod, nothing to do with the forum, and she wasn't elected. When I suggested that she had anything other than absolute power here, this happened. That should terrify you.
Fact of the matter is, Jedi, you only have as much power as the community gives you. For now, you have power. Me, I will always have power until such a time as I feel comfortable giving it up to someone who'll run the asylum better than this particular lunatic. Also, Jedi, you have literally no idea what I have had to do with the mod. Tiel s-elected me because I was the old admin. Now I'm the current admin, and you can't handle that. I honestly think I'm going to have to stave off my admin retirement just to fight you, because whereas I will admit I was wrong to even get into an argument with you, you were also wrong to reverse the decision of someone higher ranked than you. I have contributed to the mod, and you have not. Any of the DEVs has or will contribute to the mod, but you have not.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 am

I am not afraid of Shiva. I am, however, afraid of what happens if LJS gets any more power. I rather enjoy the freedom to have offtopic things.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: