Goodbye.

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire
Re: Goodbye.

Post by  ҉  » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 pm

hyperlite wrote:You have pressed shift 5 times,

Sticky keys!
Please don't spam, Hyperlite.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Oh my god, please stop talking.

*EDIT*
Lol, he got banned again.

Tiel, can you restore LJS's mod privileges, assuming they are disabled?

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Already done.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:Tiel, can you restore LJS's mod privileges, assuming they are disabled?
I still had most of them. I could edit posts and access the Moderator Control Panel.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore

Post by Shiva » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote: She made what she thought of the forum quite clear; namely that it's her own personal playground and no-one has the right to criticize her decisions, even when they're obviously wrong.
The fact of the matter is, Sith, that I have never once criticized any of you all's decisions. As a matter of fact, I've consistently backed them to the hilt, with fire and steel. Is it too much to ask a little bit of goddamned leeway when I'm having a really bad time of it? Apparently so. Hellfire, even MENSREA doesn't care. Didn't care. He said as much, not a few pages back.

Also, Pat, it's not even unjust. I have NEVER banned someone unjustly. As a matter of fact, now that Mens is reactivated, I've never banned anyone at all. Check your facts.

The wonders a good day can bring you. I am by no means back - I simply could not allow this back-and-forth of Sith's to go unanswered.
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:44 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:holy crap do we ever need to work on your not-aggrivating-the-situation-skills.
I agree, that reminded me of arguing with my mother. She may or may not be the reason I keep a bottle of Vodka and a punching bag in my room.
Last edited by Avenger_7 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:holy crap do we ever need to work on your not-aggrivating-the-situation-skills.
I agree, that reminded me of arguing with my mother. She may or may not be why I keep a bottle of Vodka and a punching bag in my room.

Even if I technically own either C:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 pm

On the main topic-I can't tell if anyone here has a point or if everyone is just angry...
On the secondary topic of your guys parents- STAHP IT, IT MAKES ME SAD TO HERE BOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. No, but seriously we can't derail with feels.

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore

Post by Shiva » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Mensrea wrote:
Shiva wrote:I'm an evil, megalomaniacal (female dog) who has neither right nor need to run an online community. Getting a little bit of justice for a wrong done me is, apparently, wrong. I shouldn't care about crap that happens on the net, but I do care about crap that happens here. When so-called "friends" or gaming buddies, rather, backstab you and call you every sort of nasty, snide thing they can for no other reason than that they wish to, it is time to leave. Peace, fellows. Shiva is over and out.
I made an account to say one thing, pretty much. You guys should have just left me banned. I did come back to let you know that you were at least partially right about low forms of life, though it wasn't fair for you to make a blanket statement like that because a lot of those low forms of life liked and respected you. I uncovered several radar users over the past two weeks and determined that the programs they were using could not be reliably detected, let alone stopped. I would rather not have a server than have a server filled with liars and cheaters. So yeah, on top of your experience with the 'arthoks, I can see your point to an extent.

Though I would say that washington, DC ought to be the place "lowest forms of life in the galaxy" is applied to.

Just to clarify, Shiva was involved with a dispute with a high ranked player (actually like 5 guys with practically the same name) from day one when he killed her for no reason at all. Judging by this chicks temper, that is not a wise move cause from then on it was just a constant back and forth between the two of them. It escalated to the point where I had told either that they could ban the other for team killing/griefing/stealing. Shiva had too much honor and sense to do that to the arthoks, but arthoks jumped at the chance to get rid of the only person who challanged their/his authority. So they banned her, snitched on her even, over a single fahking diode...I begged and pleaded with the guy but contrary to timetogo's beliefs on fweedom, I am not a dictator and do not simply push people around when I dont get my way. I did it all with a really heavy heart too because I knew she neither deserved it or that it would be good for her team (it wasnt).

Anyway, I totally understand why she banned me from here and I don't care. I think she is a cool person and I enjoyed her company and I think you guys do too, so don't let her anger over this one, small issue influence your opinion of her. Shiva you obviously have a lot of people who care about you here so don't give up your position because of some misunderstanding. If banning me somehow made you feel better I'm glad because I felt bad enough over what happened on my server that I feel you deserve at least one free shot to mah gut.

I'm sorry that the arthoks treated you the way they did and I'm sorry that you didn't ban them first, but I must say, I have much more respect for you for it. You may have a temper but you are neither a snitch or a coward and you had more honor than all of them combined.

You guys really shouldnt let what happened on some random aspholes obscure server effect the dynamic you have here. All this is just water under the bridge anyway. Whats important is the relationships you have built and the connections you have, and those are far greater then any of this petty stuff.

EDIT: And this forum is abusing powder! All my swear words get changed into PC stuff! My fweedom! Nooooo...!!!
To be fair, I did say as much to Laserbeam about that particular comment. However, I was mainly ticked off at the arthoks, who were, let's face it, some of the most active folks.

... I still want to bounce Narthok's head off a table. That's probably a bad thing, but it feels so good. Fact of the matter is, I should have banned him when he admitted to he and his buddies griefing my house, putting a swastika in my chest, that sort of thing...
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 pm

That feeling is natural Shiva. Don't disparage it.

Point is, I have never had complaints about Shivadmin. Shiva has never made unliked decisions(aside from this one), and has pretty much been unobtrusive. Now, LJS, on the other hand, has been a stickler for all rules, even when they were unnecessary an unwanted to be stickled about. I feel that LJS is becoming too powerful, and that the forum is coming down to pointless politicking and bickering. Instead, mods should be appointed by DEVs and Shiva, who retain big power. Mods should not be immovable point in the firmaments, and should be easily replaced and over viewed frequently by DEVs and Shiva, and they should be replaced if needed. Also, please don't misconstrue my statements as claims that I should be a mod. I don't particularly want to be one. We need peer review, to prevent any mod from seizing power or making rash decisions, as well as to ensure any rash decisions by Shiva/DEVs are controlled and ensure te world doesnt implode because of them. Also, mods should be communicating through very visibly means, so we(forum users) know what is going on. Also, 3 mods/odd number, so to prevent ties.

TL;DR- Shiva should stay, mods should become a non-essential part of forum and should know they are not actually that powerful. Peer review should also be in place to prevent stupidity. 3 mods, fairly regular communication.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

fr0stbyte124
Developer

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Peer review is in place. Mods can undo actions made by other mods, save for deletion of posts which is simply a limitation of the forum.
I see little reason to change what we have.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Because we just lost the big human upstairs who made sure no one went retard mode. Now, mods are running around, and no one watches then all the time impartially. It afears me.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

fr0stbyte124
Developer

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:38 pm

We've got a list of all moderator actions ever made. It is very easy to supervise.

Pat22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Unity
IGN:Pat22 or something

Post by Pat22 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 pm

ACH0225 wrote:Because we just lost the big human upstairs who made sure no one went retard mode. Now, mods are running around, and no one watches then all the time impartially. It afears me.
Yeah? Who watches the "big human upstairs"? Why does that not frighten you? Methinks you don't spend enough time in Shiva's electronic company to truly know who it is you've given absolute power to, especially if you think Jedi is a bigger threat than she is.

fr0stbyte124
Developer

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Pat22 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:Because we just lost the big human upstairs who made sure no one went retard mode. Now, mods are running around, and no one watches then all the time impartially. It afears me.
Yeah? Who watches the "big human upstairs"? Why does that not frighten you? Methinks you don't spend enough time in Shiva's electronic company to truly know who it is you've given absolute power to, especially if you think Jedi is a bigger threat than she is.
1) We do.
2) Because ACH believes he is an owl.
3) It's all a matter of perspective. Fortunately none of your perspectives actually matter with this, which makes things easy. ^-^

We're not a democracy.

Status Quo: 1
Freedom: 0