Goodbye

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
Re: Goodbye

Post by Prototype » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:07 pm

Hey if you guys are making a joint effort to learn java count me in, I'm a novice, but I learn fast as hell
Also I have got a set of priorities worked out (as in what we actually need for the core game to work, not a load of superficial crap that isn't as important) when I get time to type them up I will, joykler, would you mind if I stick this in the notes section?
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 pm

You are à dev
I dont think its oké to do it

I begg you to do it
Name it nominate it and list it

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:45 pm

I spent a lot of time not sleeping last night thinking about what to do. In the end, I decided that quitting was not the right thing to do, and was a rash decision. What does need to happen though is quite drastic:

1. I need temporary access to the ACP to achieve "2".

2. I need to completely re-do the development/discussion sections.
- I'll write up a simple, but clear plan of what Futurecraft should/wants to achieve. I'll include the 3 phases (as I see it), what these phases do, whose working on them, what they're doing, and what progress has been made.
- All other topics in the development section will be deleted, because I haven't seen practically anything useful come out of them. Instead, there will be sub-forums for the different parts of the 2nd phase, and a sub-forum for Copernicus (the first phase)
- The moderators/Devs will carefully moderate these sections, deleting any and all useless posts (including completely illegible ones). If a separate ides spawns in a topic, then it will be moved to a new topic. We (I) need a much higher level of order to feel that this project is going anywhere.
- Useful ideas that we believe are congruent and necessary to Futurecraft will be added to the "phase-section summary".
- Each Dev must have a Dev-log that clearly states what their working on (and then can go into jargon, but a plain English summary must be easily accessible), and all updates must be put into the OP for their log.
- The Flan's content pack will have a seperate topic, and all discussion for it will take place within the topic. If something useful for the rest of the mod comes out of it, then it will be moved/copied into the relevant sub-forum.

This will make a lot more sense if initiated. The thing is, we can't let standards slack. The development section must be completely on-topic, and everything useless must be removed without discretion. The problem now is that there is too much clutter, and if you miss a page or two of a topic, it makes completed no sense (and reading over a topic is difficult because there are users who, in all honesty, have no idea how to write, or write far too much.)

3. The next thing we need to do is find a skilled coder who has the time available to run Copernicus either independently of Fr0stbyte using the work he started, or under his tutelage. Shortly after I posted this topic, I got a PM from a Minecraft Forums user called mrgreenhouse. He said he's been a Java programmer for 6 years, and I think that he might be able to help with the graphics engine/Copernicus. We also got to make sure that any programmers have things to do, as, except for Fr0st, all programmers we've we lost. There will be a topic dedicated to the recruitment/direction of coders within the Development section.

A clear plan and clear communication is what we need to turn this project around. Everything must be precise, poor communication (this includes illegible posts), laziness, and failure is something I will not tolerate.

I know this seems controlling, almost militant, but this is what we need to turn the project around.

Any questions?
This is a signature.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Uh, Mack, you've had access to the ACP since last week.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Tiel wrote:Uh, Mack, you've had access to the ACP since last week.
The fact that I don't know about this shows exactly the kind of communication breakdown I'm talking about.

How do I access it?
This is a signature.

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Thank you for not giving up. I've had limited Internet lately as I'm traveling at the moment.
But if there is anything that me and my brothers can help with, just let me know.
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Well, Tell, if you or any other members have the time, please could you quickly create a topic for each of the different Phase 2 sections as outlined in the Plan. I can change the author later, using the Moderator Control Panel.
This is a signature.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:05 am

Ok as Mac remains and I don't want this to change I quickly lock the topic in a selfish act of self preservation :) .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 pm

And I just want to say thank you, Mackeroth. Thank you for everything, and thank you for staying. Can you bring that coder in?
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:03 am

Keon wrote:And I just want to say thank you, Mackeroth. Thank you for everything, and thank you for staying. Can you bring that coder in?
I told him to contact Fr0stbyte. If he hasn't yet, then there's nothing much I can do.
This is a signature.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 am

I've heard nothing yet, but I will keep you posted.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:16 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:And I just want to say thank you, Mackeroth. Thank you for everything, and thank you for staying. Can you bring that coder in?
I told him to contact Fr0stbyte. If he hasn't yet, then there's nothing much I can do.
Maybe PM him to come here too.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -