Goodbye.

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore
Goodbye.

Post by Shiva » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

I'm an evil, megalomaniacal (female dog) who has neither right nor need to run an online community. Getting a little bit of justice for a wrong done me is, apparently, wrong. I shouldn't care about shit that happens on the net, but I do care about shit that happens here. When so-called "friends" or gaming buddies, rather, backstab you and call you every sort of nasty, snide thing they can for no other reason than that they wish to, it is time to leave. Peace, fellows. Shiva is over and out.
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Re: Goodbye.

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Whuh? What? Why? Can any other members give additional context!?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:11 pm

Somebody banned her and she banned them and Tiel got mad and now she's gone and also tiel's gone so Idk really.

Actually, I have no clue what happened, but if you want to leave, Shiva, that's your choice. Don't get shot/hit by motorcycles. Fly safe, Shiva.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:17 pm

The issue sparked over Shiva banning Mensrea in retaliation for an admin on his server banning her unjustly. Jedi didn't take too kindly to that, and I left the hamachi when the chat got too heated, came back, and Shiva left to simmer down at a gun range while Pat, Jedi, and I talked about the recent incident. From what I can tell, she came back in a...delicate part of the conversation between Jedi and Pat. A sense of betrayal is the driving force here, just like when jedi posted those chatlogs a few weeks back. So, I can relate, but truth be told neither party is 100% in the right.

The core issue here is the division of power between who runs the forum and who populates it. Jedi feels Shiva broke the rules when she went and banned Mensrea. Shiva's was initially upset because she didn't feel it was Jedi's station to tell her what to do.

And I don't get where you got me leaving from :[
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:23 pm

=( Why we gotta be mean to each other?

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 pm

If you're going to steal my avatar at least draw a mustache on it. I've always wanted a sexy mustache.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Oh, for god's sake. Of all the threads on the forum, this is the one that you pick to off-topic?

EDIT: Also, we have the complete chat logs from our discussion today. I'm working on making them readable. It's going to take longer than I have tonight, because the complete thing is about thirty pages long, but they'll be available tomorrow if anyone wants/needs them.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:13 pm

This development makes me sad, scared, and confused. I hope you'll come back eventually, Shiva, I've never known FC forums without Shivadmin.

Also, can I have the name of the network that you guys get on, it sounds pretty exciting.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Hrumph. I honestly don't like the way the incident with Mensrea was handled (and really, he used his forum account for ONE thing, what did banning him really accomplish?), but in Shiva's position I'd also probably be leaving. This is the internet after all, no sense in staying around if you're not having fun. At least she hasn't permabanned us all :P

In any case, I'm guessing that Tiel will now get the admin rights (him being the one who made this forum), so does that leave a mod position open?

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I don't think it's a reason to go away. Sometimes you do something wrong so you do something wrong there is no reason to go over dramatic at it. Point was taken life goes on ... It feels like you exist purely to be an admin and when someone questions what you did as an admit I understand why you'd like to leave. This is no good, you are not just a shadow to watch from the side, wait for the time to use the banhammer. You should post more, be active part of the community, see that people are not against you , live ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 pm

The reason she's leaving likely has more to do with the Hamachi chat than anything else...

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Well more like the discussion on it no ? Or is the chat THAT terrible ? O.o
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 am

Honestly, I'm embarrassed to be associated with you. Behaving like little children: "He said mean things about me, so I'm leaving!!" We all make mistakes (I should know), we all offend people from time to time, but part of growing up is learning to take responsibility. Get over it, and don't make a rash decision in anger.
This is a signature.

joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler

Post by joykler » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:30 am

i really do understand her you say that we all offend people often but i think it happens way too often
whenever one says something he should be ready to get yelled at because thats what happens here i personnaly think its wrong but because i like the concept i stay thats the only reason i stay

and if we are gonna make someone else admin i think it has to be someone independant so again someone that doesnt post often so that he/she wont get involved too much

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:00 am

Avenger_7 wrote:In any case, I'm guessing that Tiel will now get the admin rights (him being the one who made this forum), so does that leave a mod position open?
That's something that needs to be thought about. I don't think we need anyone in the position Shiva was filling, which was god-like super-moderator. That's not really a useful job, because it leads to situations like this. Someone needs to have access to the Admin Control Panel so they can keep the forum running, but that should be completely separate from any sort of judicial authority. The best candidate for that position is probably Fr0stbyte, because everyone trusts him and he knows what he's doing. We need to rethink a lot of things, actually. The point system isn't working as well here as it did on the old forum, so that probably needs to be changed. We've actually had a case of one member seriously threatening another now, so we probably need to tweak the rules a bit to acknowledge that. We were going to post something about that a few days ago (some of you may have noticed the brief existence of the "Jedi's Second Proposal" thread), but this recent incident really puts a new perspective on it. I don't know what's going to happen.
Avenger_7 wrote:At least she hasn't permabanned us all :P
A few people noticed that the forum was briefly locked down last night. Tiel did that after Shiva threatened to do something. I don't know what she was going to do exactly, but apparently it involved a 'big red button' on the ACP.
catsonmeth wrote:Also, can I have the name of the network that you guys get on, it sounds pretty exciting.
Most of the argument last night was on Sins of a Future Empire, which Shiva ran and which we have all since been kicked from. There're also Pat's Network of Awesome and Jedi's Network Because The Others Are Full And I Am Bored, but I think both of those are full. And Tiel has a network, too. I can't remember its name, but it had something to do with knuckles.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")