Judges

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC
Judges

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 am

It's really interesting how this is unfolding.

We have the Executive branch (admin) who enforce the law, the Judicial (moderators) who interpret it...all that leaves is the legislative branch, which Judges don't currently fulfill.

Speaking of Judges, are they going to be elected too?

Also, if this turns out the way I think it will we're going to end up with something resembling a party-system. It will be exhilarating to see how this results online.
Last edited by Chairman_Tiel on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42

Re: ATTENTION: Moderator Election

Post by blockman42 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 am

Tiel wrote:It's really interesting how this is unfolding.

We have the Executive branch (admin) who enforce the law, the Judicial (moderators) who interpret it...all that leaves is the legislative branch, which Judges don't currently fulfill.

I don't think they need to be elected every few weeks because of how little power they have compared to a mod or and admin.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 am

Judges have a great power. Anything a mod can do a judge can cancel.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:55 am

blockman42 wrote:
Tiel wrote:It's really interesting how this is unfolding.

I don't think they need to be elected every few weeks because of how little power they have compared to a mod or and admin.
Shiva said no offtopic in here, but I think it's relevant. Judges are basically the overlords of the Judiciary section, or should have been, at any rate. Any ruling goes through them, and as Iv said they technically have the power to override anything a moderator does if they decide it's against the rules.

Judges could probably be elected on a biannual basis. I say elected rather than admin-chosen because the two mindsets that I hope will form are those that seek transparency in moderation and those that think there's a place for absolutism. Judging from all the drama over the past two weeks, they're already there, but no one bothers to say anything until an event comes up.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore

Post by Shiva » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 am

Offtopic. Moved.
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.