Faction-based technology

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
joykler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:mercenary
IGN:joykler
Re: Faction-based technology

Post by joykler » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 pm

maybe mercenarys would be paid by the "space confederation"to protect these planets

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Tiel wrote:
Keon wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:A server should be connected to the universe from the beginning, but not on any star maps until they build a gate or FTL drive. You could get to the newbie system if you know the IP and have sufficient FTL capabilities.
Leading to hackers jumping in with 9000doomships.

Also, tiel. What I mean is that if you know that there are OP factions in deep space that can and will kill you with their 9000 doomships, you would stay inside your bubble building your own armada of doomships so you don't get overrun. There needs to be some kind incentive to open your homeworld up to attack, like new resources in space, or something. Then we need a "sliding scale of balance", where n00b homeworlds are not a viable target for greifers until they too have those 9000 doomships, yet still can fight battles with the people who only have 6 or so small battleships.
The Analyzer might be one. New resources could be discovered by scanning Unidentified Orbiting Rocks that could further development; servers would want that challenge, otherwise they'd end up like the current SMP scheme of things where gameplay is severely hampered by people just running around in full enchanted dia. Part of the fun in PVP is the risk of losing everything, but the rewards would greatly surpass the risks in this case.
But not everyone wants to play PVP. Futurecraft will also attract lots of players who just want to build and explore, and spread civilization across the galaxy, and you can't assume that any single server community are all going to want the same thing. So how do you consolidate these two play types? Anything which isn't explicitly admin protected is going to be relentlessly destroyed, even if it's just by 1% of the population. And I think fair fights in these cases will end up being the exception, rather than the rule.

If it got bad enough, servers could make an offshoot MMO server specifically for carebear play style, but I don't think people will be happy with that either. I would say it's a "not in my backyard" situation.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Tiel wrote:
The Analyzer might be one. New resources could be discovered by scanning Unidentified Orbiting Rocks that could further development; servers would want that challenge, otherwise they'd end up like the current SMP scheme of things where gameplay is severely hampered by people just running around in full enchanted dia. Part of the fun in PVP is the risk of losing everything, but the rewards would greatly surpass the risks in this case.
But not everyone wants to play PVP. Futurecraft will also attract lots of players who just want to build and explore, and spread civilization across the galaxy, and you can't assume that any single server community are all going to want the same thing. So how do you consolidate these two play types? Anything which isn't explicitly admin protected is going to be relentlessly destroyed, even if it's just by 1% of the population. And I think fair fights in these cases will end up being the exception, rather than the rule.

If it got bad enough, servers could make an offshoot MMO server specifically for carebear play style, but I don't think people will be happy with that either. I would say it's a "not in my backyard" situation.
Yeah, but if they don't want to participate in PVP, they don't have to construct a gate to begin with and just explore their own solar system. Win-win.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

fr0stbyte124
Developer

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 pm

What about putting all the game modes in the same universe? So you can have PVP in one system, PVE in another, and Creative in yet another. Players will be free to travel between any solar systems like normal, but they can only interract with ships and gravity wells flagged with the same game mode. Furthermore, players can change between game modes, but it treats you as an alt, so you don't get to take your skills or your stuff with you, though you can hold on to schematics.

Ooh, this might be interesting. Some servers could be set up as alternate realities, by which an admin mirrors a PVE or Creative server on a PVP planet, and let PVP players fight in it and smash it up to their heart's content. From a lore standpoint, it could be seen as a fractured timeline, caused by a malfunction in the system's jump gate. You could even have creative players explicitely designing maps for battlefields in PVP.

I think that could make everyone happy. PVEers would have their carebear servers, and it would keep PVP mode from being a desolate wasteland and give upstarts a chance.

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 pm

*starts server in creative*
*changes to PvP after free ships*

fr0stbyte124
Developer

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 pm

That's why you can't take anything with you. A server is locked to a game mode, and would have to be reset to change it. I suppose we'll also need to worry about creative players leaving resources for themselves in the other game modes, too. Not sure what to do about that, but I think the overall strategy is still sound.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 pm

I think that would kind of ruin the feel, having all servers in all gamemodes in one galaxy. Mayhapsbeper multiple galaxies. You decide if you want to join the PVP, PVE, or creative galaxy/universe.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:21 pm

I still think just having the server files shipped with PVP-enabled and then giving communities a choice between joining the rest of the galaxy to share in its wealth or destruction is the best solution.

Having gamemodes like vanilla Minecraft just makes things irrefutably messy.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Two galaxies. One PvP and one creative peaceful.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

Avenger_7
Ensign
Ensign
IGN:Avenger_7

Post by Avenger_7 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Many times people like to build things peacefully in Survival. No clue why.

Keon
Developer
Affiliation:Inactive
IGN:ducky215

Post by Keon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Alright, 1 PvP, one PvE, and one Creative. Servers join one galaxy when they are created. They cannot swap. People join one galaxy. They can swap, but have separate inventories.
- I can be reached as ducky215 on minecraft forums -

fr0stbyte124
Developer

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am

Avenger_7 wrote:Many times people like to build things peacefully in Survival. No clue why.
Same reason as playing survival in single player. They want to work for the things they make rather than be given everything, and they want to be able to share it with other people. It's perfectly reasonable.

bsb23
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bsb23 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Alright, so I'm still watching these forums and honestly have been waiting for someone to go into something like this (I apparently I missed you discussing once or twice) That being said we are addressing some of the fundamental Minecraft gameplay problems.
Spoiler:
What I've learned through different communities is that no one has the same opinions on anything but you can generally divided the entire community into three groups. The true survivalists, TFC, hardcore mode, some of the modpack players, their goal is to survive as long as possible as efficently as possible.. The RPG players, the map players, those that playing story mode type mods and the remaining modpack players, their goal is a finale, beat a boss, reach a place find someone, etc. Finally the artists, pixel artist, those that play voxel, anyone capable of building complex redstone has usually played their fair share of artist type games, their goal being to build something cool.

That creates a Survival Mode, Adventure Mode, Creative Mode. Simple enough where does that leave our PvP vs. non-PvP? Usually all survival mode players enjoy the extra challenge providing the enemy fights on even terms. Adventure Mode players usually don't want anything distracting them from their goal, or destroying their story, ruining their adventure. Creative hate enemies period.

What would a creative universe be like? Here come look at this. Oh check out my house. Look at the statue I made. etc. Just a showcase type thing.
Now the next thing conundrum vs. extra features.
Spoiler:
This is a problem that not to many people address but is beginning to affect larger modpacks. People simply can't learn how to play without watching hours of videos, it simply isn't possible, the game is too confusing even advanced players ignore huge gameplay portions because they simple can't handle it all. Adding content packs to games would make it rough, think of how many videos you would have to watch just per server, don't even start on stealing stuff from another server. Whats the problem? You can't guess in minecraft. Its nearly impossible. Anything (recipes, ores, etc) could be handled any infinite amount of ways and could do an infinite amount of things.

This leads to three very different solutions per universe.
Creative Mode
Spoiler:
Creative items can be as OP as you like as effecting players will most likely be controlled by the owner. In creative mode we want to give them just enough features to make things look pretty and then let them add things in by themselves, no tutorial necessary only grab what you need kind of thing, some tooltips would be nice but it would be up to the modder to do so.
Adventure Mode
Spoiler:
Adventure mode is a story mode style thing and therefore gameplay will probably be forced into certain areas. Likely content packs would not be necessary here, this is the world where we dump lots of stuff in an let gameplay be a different adventure per game. NPC would be a frequent sight and crazy unexpected things would certainly not be uncommon (dragons dens, alien space ships). This universe would most closely resemble current modpacks. People would develop styles and strategies that would work from one game to the next. Additionally you have the option to download pre-made, pre-approved maps for specific adventures. Content packs added by universe moderators.
Survival Mode
Spoiler:
Survival mode is the toughest to design, it by now means could be done anytime soon but hey we got two years right? So survival, it kinda sucks in vanilla, build a fence and your safe for the rest of the game, or maybe you dig a hole, or find a village. Everyone has adapted and found strategies that allow easy bypass of the survival aspect. Even in TFC people have found strategies that make life a little easier and use them game after game after game. It gets monotonous. The differences between games aren't huge, you get into routine. Whats the goal then? For a real survival experience? Remove routine, but allow adaptation, so people aren't confused out of their minds and rage quit. Two things then. Randomization. Predictability. Randomize everything, alright not everything but at least the blocks, items, entities, and environment. A system of traits and points would aid this. I'll tell a story to demonstrate my point.

I wake up in the middle of nowhere, lying flat down on a seemingly endless bed of solid green, a very alien green through which streaks of yellow run, I have no idea what it is, grabbing it I realize it will break off into chunks and that it is fibrous underneath a layer is a layer of red, I decided to look around, I must find where I am. I search for an hour or so it seemed, I can't tell time as the sun moves in strange motions across the sky. I reach a pond, for at least I know what this is, a clear flowing liquid that shimmered pink in response to the alien sky. A reach down to drink, only to be met with an extreme burning sensation as if the fluid was a fire itself my fingers are burnt and I once more must press on. I finally reach an end to the barren land, in the distance, enormous tendrils protrude from the ground. I run to them, what else could I do? I find them moist and covered with more green, desperate, I lick it and and was relieved to find my tongue in place and my mouth at least a little wet. The sky is dark by now and I hear strange calls in the distance and not wishing to meet any aliens tonight I run to find something to hide from them in. Unfortunately I have no such luck as I ran to a light I had seen I was attacked by one of these creatures, it was shaped oddly, shorter than I but it was a straight tan color, the main portion of the body was somewhat cylindrical with a bulbous shaped feature protruding from the front, whatever this bulb was it was obvious that is had sharp, hooked tentacle like feature protruding from the lower half, I froze to get a better look, it had several apendages one of which look sharp and waved back and forth menacingly. Suddenly the apendage froze, the bulb rotated to face me let lose a deep roar. I didn't half to think twice about the fact that is was necessary to run, now. And so I bolted, I had never run so fast, all around me I heard strange aliens calling, roaring, humming, taunting, I grew more and more scared by the moment. All the sudden I was stopped short by a flat structure, it seemed as though something had made it, it was hard as rock and several colors, and had strange markings throughout it. I would later learn these markings said, "Welcome to Yellowstone"

And now the real story. I wake up in the middle of nowhere, lying flat down on a seemingly endless bed of solid red with golden streaks running throughout, I have no idea what it is, grabbing it I realize that it is fibrous and mobile, yet and the same time very hard, I decided to look around, I must find where I am, I brought the rock which I now decided to call fibrestone with me. I search for an hour or so it seemed, I can't tell time as the suns moved in strange motions across the sky. I reach a pond, for at least I know what this is, a clear flowing liquid that shimmered green in response to the alien sky. A reach down to drink, only to be met with an extreme burning sensation as if the fluid was a fire itself my fingers are burnt I accidentally drop my rock into the pond from my surprise, the fibrestone immediatly absorbs the firewater (I came up with that too) and the level of it falls way down, the fiberstone also becomes a far different color, now a bright blue. Curious yet cautious I reach out to touch my fiberstone, and after a while am relieved to find that it does not burn me, instead I find it to be quite solid, smooth, yet still light. After all we had been through I figured I would need the rock with me just in case.After more walking I finally reach an end to the barren land, in the distance, enormous spiraling tendrils protrude from the ground. I run to them, what else could I do? I find them moist and covered with green, desperate, I lick it and and was relieved to find my tongue in place and my mouth at least a little wet. My life would last at least another day thanks to these trees. The sky is dark by now and I hear strange calls in the distance and not wishing to meet any aliens tonight I run to find something to hide from them in. Unfortunately I have no such luck, as I ran to a light I had seen I was attacked by one of these creatures, it was shaped oddly, larger than I but it was a straight silver color, the main portion of the body was somewhat rotund with a several bulbous shaped features protruding from the sides, whatever this bulb was it was obvious that is had strong apendage like features protruding from the lower half which it appeared they used to drag them across the floor, I froze to get a better look, it also had several apendages Above the main part of the body, these were translucent and writhing everywhere as if in pain. Suddenly the apendages froze, the body rotated to face me let lose a high-pitched screech that reminded me of a nail on chalkboard. I didn't half to think twice about the fact that is was necessary to run, now. And so I bolted, I had never run so fast, all around me I heard strange aliens calling, roaring, humming, taunting, I grew more and more scared by the moment. All the sudden I was stopped short by a flat structure, it seemed as though something had made it, it was hard as rock and several colors, and had strange markings throughout it. I would later learn these markings said, "Welcome to Yosemite" :tongue:
Spoiler:
Just kidding so I wasn't in Yosemite (I am an American sorry for using our own national parks, it was just easier) And although I am a horrible story teller, these stories make a couple things obvious. The more randomization the more survival and adaptation is necessary, which would be more exciting the first scenario or the second? Next, we need ways to learn things, if I hadn't combined fiberstone with firewater I would have never known how to get a decently solid material. (versus the unlikelyhood of you guessing that in a crafting matrix).

Machines are the same deal, if you make an insulated box and put something hot in their you have essentially got yourself a furnace. Some machines would need to be a little simplified for example I don't expect people to make their own computers. If they put some amount of random stuff in a box with a screen at some point they may make a computer, it could end up being a microwave if they use a different number pieces though.

Item names are personal

All items are randomized but each world must generate a certain amount of something with a particular trait for instance something that, cures thirst.

Randomized textures that choose from something pre-determined and then alter it in random ways.

Instead of mods to add blocks, mods would now add traits, simple as that. Universal moderators approve the addition of specific traits.

Mob models are randomized but follow particular rules. That way we don't end up with something weird

Certain things need to be analyzed for traits rather than given them. For example a mob four lower appendages most likely isn't going to roll around. Or a heavy material will not do good as wings, no matter how flexible.

Evolution in mobs and plant-life.

Possible groups include but aren't limited to; Rocks, minerals(item not block) crystals, organic structures, liquids, creatures, machines, components, tools and gases.
Edit: Is spoilerception not possible?

Dux_Tell31
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Tellrim
IGN:tell31

Post by Dux_Tell31 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:51 pm

bsb23 wrote:Alright, so I'm still watching these forums and honestly have been waiting for someone to go into something like this (I apparently I missed you discussing once or twice) That being said we are addressing some of the fundamental Minecraft gameplay problems.
Spoiler:
What I've learned through different communities is that no one has the same opinions on anything but you can generally divided the entire community into three groups. The true survivalists, TFC, hardcore mode, some of the modpack players, their goal is to survive as long as possible as efficently as possible.. The RPG players, the map players, those that playing story mode type mods and the remaining modpack players, their goal is a finale, beat a boss, reach a place find someone, etc. Finally the artists, pixel artist, those that play voxel, anyone capable of building complex redstone has usually played their fair share of artist type games, their goal being to build something cool.

That creates a Survival Mode, Adventure Mode, Creative Mode. Simple enough where does that leave our PvP vs. non-PvP? Usually all survival mode players enjoy the extra challenge providing the enemy fights on even terms. Adventure Mode players usually don't want anything distracting them from their goal, or destroying their story, ruining their adventure. Creative hate enemies period.

What would a creative universe be like? Here come look at this. Oh check out my house. Look at the statue I made. etc. Just a showcase type thing.
Spoiler:
This is a problem that not to many people address but is beginning to affect larger modpacks. People simply can't learn how to play without watching hours of videos, it simply isn't possible, the game is too confusing even advanced players ignore huge gameplay portions because they simple can't handle it all. Adding content packs to games would make it rough, think of how many videos you would have to watch just per server, don't even start on stealing stuff from another server. Whats the problem? You can't guess in minecraft. Its nearly impossible. Anything (recipes, ores, etc) could be handled any infinite amount of ways and could do an infinite amount of things.

Creative Mode
Spoiler:
Creative items can be as OP as you like as effecting players will most likely be controlled by the owner. In creative mode we want to give them just enough features to make things look pretty and then let them add things in by themselves, no tutorial necessary only grab what you need kind of thing, some tooltips would be nice but it would be up to the modder to do so.
Adventure Mode
Spoiler:
Adventure mode is a story mode style thing and therefore gameplay will probably be forced into certain areas. Likely content packs would not be necessary here, this is the world where we dump lots of stuff in an let gameplay be a different adventure per game. NPC would be a frequent sight and crazy unexpected things would certainly not be uncommon (dragons dens, alien space ships). This universe would most closely resemble current modpacks. People would develop styles and strategies that would work from one game to the next. Additionally you have the option to download pre-made, pre-approved maps for specific adventures. Content packs added by universe moderators.
Survival Mode
Spoiler:
Survival mode is the toughest to design, it by now means could be done anytime soon but hey we got two years right? So survival, it kinda sucks in vanilla, build a fence and your safe for the rest of the game, or maybe you dig a hole, or find a village. Everyone has adapted and found strategies that allow easy bypass of the survival aspect. Even in TFC people have found strategies that make life a little easier and use them game after game after game. It gets monotonous. The differences between games aren't huge, you get into routine. Whats the goal then? For a real survival experience? Remove routine, but allow adaptation, so people aren't confused out of their minds and rage quit. Two things then. Randomization. Predictability. Randomize everything, alright not everything but at least the blocks, items, entities, and environment. A system of traits and points would aid this. I'll tell a story to demonstrate my point.

I wake up in the middle of nowhere, lying flat down on a seemingly endless bed of solid green, a very alien green through which streaks of yellow run, I have no idea what it is, grabbing it I realize it will break off into chunks and that it is fibrous underneath a layer is a layer of red, I decided to look around, I must find where I am. I search for an hour or so it seemed, I can't tell time as the sun moves in strange motions across the sky. I reach a pond, for at least I know what this is, a clear flowing liquid that shimmered pink in response to the alien sky. A reach down to drink, only to be met with an extreme burning sensation as if the fluid was a fire itself my fingers are burnt and I once more must press on. I finally reach an end to the barren land, in the distance, enormous tendrils protrude from the ground. I run to them, what else could I do? I find them moist and covered with more green, desperate, I lick it and and was relieved to find my tongue in place and my mouth at least a little wet. The sky is dark by now and I hear strange calls in the distance and not wishing to meet any aliens tonight I run to find something to hide from them in. Unfortunately I have no such luck as I ran to a light I had seen I was attacked by one of these creatures, it was shaped oddly, shorter than I but it was a straight tan color, the main portion of the body was somewhat cylindrical with a bulbous shaped feature protruding from the front, whatever this bulb was it was obvious that is had sharp, hooked tentacle like feature protruding from the lower half, I froze to get a better look, it had several apendages one of which look sharp and waved back and forth menacingly. Suddenly the apendage froze, the bulb rotated to face me let lose a deep roar. I didn't half to think twice about the fact that is was necessary to run, now. And so I bolted, I had never run so fast, all around me I heard strange aliens calling, roaring, humming, taunting, I grew more and more scared by the moment. All the sudden I was stopped short by a flat structure, it seemed as though something had made it, it was hard as rock and several colors, and had strange markings throughout it. I would later learn these markings said, "Welcome to Yellowstone"

And now the real story. I wake up in the middle of nowhere, lying flat down on a seemingly endless bed of solid red with golden streaks running throughout, I have no idea what it is, grabbing it I realize that it is fibrous and mobile, yet and the same time very hard, I decided to look around, I must find where I am, I brought the rock which I now decided to call fibrestone with me. I search for an hour or so it seemed, I can't tell time as the suns moved in strange motions across the sky. I reach a pond, for at least I know what this is, a clear flowing liquid that shimmered green in response to the alien sky. A reach down to drink, only to be met with an extreme burning sensation as if the fluid was a fire itself my fingers are burnt I accidentally drop my rock into the pond from my surprise, the fibrestone immediatly absorbs the firewater (I came up with that too) and the level of it falls way down, the fiberstone also becomes a far different color, now a bright blue. Curious yet cautious I reach out to touch my fiberstone, and after a while am relieved to find that it does not burn me, instead I find it to be quite solid, smooth, yet still light. After all we had been through I figured I would need the rock with me just in case.After more walking I finally reach an end to the barren land, in the distance, enormous spiraling tendrils protrude from the ground. I run to them, what else could I do? I find them moist and covered with green, desperate, I lick it and and was relieved to find my tongue in place and my mouth at least a little wet. My life would last at least another day thanks to these trees. The sky is dark by now and I hear strange calls in the distance and not wishing to meet any aliens tonight I run to find something to hide from them in. Unfortunately I have no such luck, as I ran to a light I had seen I was attacked by one of these creatures, it was shaped oddly, larger than I but it was a straight silver color, the main portion of the body was somewhat rotund with a several bulbous shaped features protruding from the sides, whatever this bulb was it was obvious that is had strong apendage like features protruding from the lower half which it appeared they used to drag them across the floor, I froze to get a better look, it also had several apendages Above the main part of the body, these were translucent and writhing everywhere as if in pain. Suddenly the apendages froze, the body rotated to face me let lose a high-pitched screech that reminded me of a nail on chalkboard. I didn't half to think twice about the fact that is was necessary to run, now. And so I bolted, I had never run so fast, all around me I heard strange aliens calling, roaring, humming, taunting, I grew more and more scared by the moment. All the sudden I was stopped short by a flat structure, it seemed as though something had made it, it was hard as rock and several colors, and had strange markings throughout it. I would later learn these markings said, "Welcome to Yosemite" :tongue:
Spoiler:
Just kidding so I wasn't in Yosemite (I am an American sorry for using our own national parks, it was just easier) And although I am a horrible story teller, these stories make a couple things obvious. The more randomization the more survival and adaptation is necessary, which would be more exciting the first scenario or the second? Next, we need ways to learn things, if I hadn't combined fiberstone with firewater I would have never known how to get a decently solid material. (versus the unlikelyhood of you guessing that in a crafting matrix).

Machines are the same deal, if you make an insulated box and put something hot in their you have essentially got yourself a furnace. Some machines would need to be a little simplified for example I don't expect people to make their own computers. If they put some amount of random stuff in a box with a screen at some point they may make a computer, it could end up being a microwave if they use a different number pieces though.

Item names are personal

All items are randomized but each world must generate a certain amount of something with a particular trait for instance something that, cures thirst.

Randomized textures that choose from something pre-determined and then alter it in random ways.

Instead of mods to add blocks, mods would now add traits, simple as that. Universal moderators approve the addition of specific traits.

Mob models are randomized but follow particular rules. That way we don't end up with something weird

Certain things need to be analyzed for traits rather than given them. For example a mob four lower appendages most likely isn't going to roll around. Or a heavy material will not do good as wings, no matter how flexible.

Possible groups include but aren't limited to; Rocks, minerals(item not block) crystals, organic structures, liquids, creatures, machines, components, tools and gases.
You Sir, have thought outside of the box. Great first post!
"This is Minecraft, sir. We don't make physics, we ruin them." -Fr0stbyte124
"We are made of the elements out in space, in essense we are the universe discovering itself" -Neil Degrasse Tyson

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:05 pm

bsb23 wrote:Alright, so I'm still watching these forums and honestly have been waiting for someone to go into something like this (I apparently I missed you discussing once or twice) That being said we are addressing some of the fundamental Minecraft gameplay problems.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Creative Mode
Spoiler:
Adventure Mode
Spoiler:
Survival Mode
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Item names are personal

I don't think that randomization will be feasible on a multi-server scale.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *