Soundtrack Application

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
NEXTGENCRAFTING
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:youtuber7
Soundtrack Application

Post by NEXTGENCRAFTING » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 pm

First off im not sure if this goes here but there is no thread specified so...

Hey guys I don't know if you remember me or not but I posted another application last year around march I believe. I have come back because I want to act on it. I have gained a lot more experience in the past year and I have a few demos too. So sorry I just up and left but I had family stuff going on that needed to be addressed.

So if you still need someone for music I'm your guy.

I will send you my demos if you ask but I would prefer to do it through email or pm because I haven't copyrighted them yet so I don't want the public getting their hands on em.

So let me know if you want me, I can produce pretty quickly it only takes a few hours for each song and trust me they are good.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Re: Soundtrack Application

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:54 pm

I really doubt anyone is gonna steal your music I mean its probably not that good (Not that im doubting your skills, Probably way better then what I can do ^-^ )
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Yea. I doubt anyone here really cares enough to steal music. Just post one example of your music, so we can all hear it. Besides, sending it by email only narrows down who could steal it.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

NEXTGENCRAFTING
Cadet
Cadet

Post by NEXTGENCRAFTING » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Here you go, and I don't appreciate what you said Shadowcat not to be an arse but it wasn't very nice. Don't judge a book by its cover.

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:00 am

Mod Edit: removed tangential conversation

fr0stbyte124
Developer
Affiliation:Aye-Aye

Post by fr0stbyte124 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:28 am

On topic:
I'm liking what I'm hearing in this sample. The entrance of the horn at 1:00 and the subtle accompaniment made for an interesting theme, though I can't help thinking there was a layer missing in there. I wonder what it would sound like if you had the choir instrument sustaining the accompaniment's notes in the pauses where the horn is resting? It's an interesting tune. Lots of potential for variations.

The second sample felt less organized than the first. I think it would probably benefit from a stronger driving theme, unless it's meant to be background music, in which case it's a bit too busy.

You've got me interested now. What sort of style do you enjoy the most? What kind of musical theme do you envision Futurecraft having?
Do you have any other samples you wouldn't mind sharing? You can PM links if you'd like, but I think it would be more beneficial if everyone involved with the project could hear them.

I'm also curious what the rest of you think about this, and how it compares to your own ideas about what sort of musical theme Futurecraft should take.

NEXTGENCRAFTING
Cadet
Cadet

Post by NEXTGENCRAFTING » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 am

The first and second sample were 1 song just separate parts. I can do some other types of music too but I like mostly orchestral stuff. Also I have another one im working on, I should have it by tommorow. As for where I think the music should go depends on what the rest of the team thinks, there is alot I can do but I will do what you want first and if your stumped Ill make it up.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

You may get an interesting result if you mix orchestral theme with futuristic /electronic elements, moreover it will fit the futurecraft theme . The first part of the sample was quite good, the second one was a bit chaotic as Frost mentioned.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:02 am

The first sample was good. Maybe not for just background, but would be perfect for boarding an enemy ship or planetary assault.

Beginning of the second would be food for normal background if that theme was theme was carried through the entire song. The rest wouldn't be so good for just ordinary background, but maybe a ground battle or losing a ship battle.
Last edited by cats on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

NEXTGENCRAFTING
Cadet
Cadet

Post by NEXTGENCRAFTING » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Alright here is the second one and a third is in progress if you wish. And a side note its all the same song as is the first one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kLkgfq7L0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Instinct-XIV
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Xtreme gaming QC
IGN:InstinctXIV

Post by Instinct-XIV » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 pm

It reminds me of a game i played a long time ago (turok on the nintendo 64)

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm

The main problem I see in it is that it is too generic, it is not specifically combat, nor tense nor travel music. It would fit better as a menu music. If you let's say stick with calm , maybe a bit itchy from time to time music you get a good exploration theme, if you keep up the tension throughout the soundtrack you get a battle theme. Also maybe they are too orchestral, those would fit more a fantasy world such as the story I write.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:44 pm

It's fairly good, seeing as it wasn't specifically made for FC, however we already have fen doing soundtracks, however I know how long it takes to make a decent track, so perhaps more music people would be useful, for they could do jobs other than music inbetween (I.e. textures)

However we don't know what we are doing about music yet, and it could be a while until we might need any soundtracks, but if we want a decent soundtrack we should probably be starting now if we are going to do it at all.

My only complaint would be it needs to be more metal, but you should probably ignore that.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm

However you wrote however too many time : :tongue: . Any help is always useful, especially considering the fact that composers are a rare thing to come across. It is true there are no specific plans for music HOWEVER ( :tongue: ) it is obvious that engagement and exploration soundtracks will be used.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm

However the overuse of the word however is supposedly good for you.
However the person who wrote that is a little insane.

Back on topic, we could do with another composer, so we can get a little more variation with the soundtracks, also the software used to make these tracks (or so I'm told by a friend of mine who works with them) can be used to make sound effects, which means we won't have to rely on stock sound effects.

However ( :tongue: ) I would still like an admin only ray gun that does go pew pew, but that's irrelevent.

However I say we give this guy a chance, from what I've seen he seems like he could be quite useful.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: