Movement to permaban Chairman_Tiel

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.

Do we ban Tiel?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:09 am

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306
Movement to permaban Chairman_Tiel

Post by Tau » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:09 am

As we all know, but which I should reiterate for the record, the account 'cannonfodder' (known to be an account belonging to Tiel, since he lost the details to his old one) has been repeatedly antagonizing users on the forum, and has received two warnings.

Yesterday, Tiel used his old account (Chairman_Tiel) to log into the Admin Control Panel (ACP) and remove most of Proto's permissions pertaining to managing and creating posts in the Member's Lounge. As it happens, this account had retained its permissions as a site Founder, which gave him full administrator rights. The fact that he logged into this account in the first place indicates that his creation of a new account (possibly as a diversion?) was illegitimate, and this newer account qualifies as an alt.

In light of the fact that cannonfodder was an alt, and seeing as how it already had two warnings, cannonfodder has been deleted. Now, in light of the fact that Tiel has been continuously harassing users of the forum through his alt, I think it would be reasonable to assume that cannonfodder's two warnings should be transferred to Chairman_Tiel. Furthermore, his clear and blatant disrespect for the authority of the forum's moderation team, and his willingness to mess with the inner workings of the forum software without our permission, leads me to believe that we'd be better off kicking him off the forum. He clearly has nothing to add to it from this point.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Re: Movement to permaban Chairman_Tiel

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 am

I don't believe this is Tiel specifically-the posts and style are completely different different from anything else he has ever done. Unless he has gone insane (somehow). I consider this highly unlikely.

My belief is that his email (and, by extension, all of his accounts) have been hijacked somehow.

That said, there is likely nothing we can do. It is unfortunate. Could you maybe send an email to his registered email address?

EDIT: Or maybe not. Worth a shot, I guess.

notAnAlt
Cadet
Cadet

Post by notAnAlt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:40 am

Shit, appreciate the faith, but this is me.

As far as the prototype thing goes, I already explained that: he was misusing his power to vandalize posts. I'd only gotten the password back a few weeks beforehand and figured it was as valid a time as any to use it. That's the only thing I did. You gave me (or that account) that ability when the site moved lol.

You're right, I don't have anything to add. If I did I'd give you an argument for staying, but I just want you to get your facts straight.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:44 pm

I'll defend that I was justified to delete the initial post, you were directly antagonising Tell, and last time I checked that was against the rules, and Tell himself requested that it me cleaned. So I will say that I don't believe I misused my power there.

The subsequent editing war? Can't justify as much. I'll admit fault there, I should have asked you in private to stop reposting before taking further action, and I'll apologise for that part. 'twas unnecessary. I'll leave it up to Tau to reinstate/revoke my editing rights.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Urrrr. Without knowing the details of what happened with the edit war I won't comment on that, but I don't think permabanning Tiel's main is the correct move at this point. My tendency would rather be to ban the alts and leave him be, on the condition that he use the main from this point forward and that he stop trolling. Should either of those things not happen, yes, do so, but my vote is to wait until then.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

notAnAlt
Cadet
Cadet

Post by notAnAlt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:26 pm

The way the vote is going you might as well. I'm pretty unapologetic lol, although I hate to end on such a sour note you're right that I'm pretty much done trying to 'add' to anything.

Made that mistake too many times xD

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Well prob is that banning or not he snot part of this place anymore, nobody takes him seriously and he doesn't take anything seriously either, its just a matter of settling the formalities now ... OFC can leave a window for improvement, a week ban is fine by most standards while a month ban being more suitable. A year ban would be practically perma ban by Internet standards.
Last edited by Iv121 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:48 pm

I want to know why the Chairman_Tiel account didn't have it's perms removed earlier.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Tau
Admin

Post by Tau » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Vinyl wrote:I want to know why the Chairman_Tiel account didn't have it's perms removed earlier.
Honestly, I don't think any of us even remembered that it was a Founder account. Anyway, it's not anymore.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

notAnAlt
Cadet
Cadet

Post by notAnAlt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:25 pm

It wasn't a founder account. IIRC I had to keep asking you to do stuff during setup so you gave my main admin. I realize this is all new and scary to you but burning me at stake for what you don't understand is pretty dumb.

tl;dr tau can't run a forum to save his life

Anyway, again, I really don't care about whatever 'punishment' pleases your petty hearts. I'm not a defendant here; however way this goes I'm out anyway.

Tau
Admin

Post by Tau » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm

You know what? Tiel's right, I have no idea what I'm doing. I give up, I'm tired of bullshitting my way though looking competent.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Tau wrote:You know what? Tiel's right, I have no idea what I'm doing. I give up, I'm tired of bullshitting my way though looking competent.
Welcome to the bitter ex-admin club! It's a great time in here. If you really want to drop it, I'd be willing to try again. No idea whether or not I'm the best (or even an acceptable) candidate, but the option is open.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Tau wrote:You know what? Tiel's right, I have no idea what I'm doing. I give up, I'm tired of bullshitting my way though looking competent.
That's like the fifth time you've said that. Having no idea what your doing hasn't seemed to have stopped you yet and you've been fooling us for a pretty long time.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

notAnAlt
Cadet
Cadet

Post by notAnAlt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Stopped him from what? Doing nothing? Sheesh man, yeah, he's totally spent a lot of energy keeping that ruse up, huh. He pays for the forum, and that's about it.

I mean, shit, I didn't come in this to poke crap at just how stupid the hierarchy is here but it's hard not to when it's trying to so to you.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:13 pm

We'll I've never seen the forum crash, It doesn't look like shit, and he pays for it. So on my end it looks like he's doing a pretty good job no matter how much of that he actually has stake in.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]