Recruitment

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Recruitment

Post by Vinyl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Iv121 wrote:I'm sure you are all polite with your friends when you swear freely left right and center with em,
No, I don't swear left, right, and center. I swear when I find the situation either worthy of it, mostly done for exaggeration and comedic effect. Saying fuck is much more different, than, say "fuck off". You seem to think of us as strangers, and expect us to view you and others here as strangers. At this point at least, that shouldn't and with a few exceptions isn't. I'd even call a couple of you my friends, it's hard not to when you've interacted with someone over the course of, what, a few years?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:22 pm

And yet you swear nevertheless, being "polite" is the last thing that comes into your mind when you talk with friends, the swearing is just a proof of it , thus your argument about being more polite becomes irrelevant. As for you Shadowcat I don't see how your post is relevant, what you describe is a situe where I come here to relieve all the stress I got during the day or something (which is partially true however I don’t release it in anger on you), what I release on you is proportional to what you release o me, I might be an asshole but have a look at your prev posts, all of you:
Post 1 wrote:Iv you talk like the forum is a condom for your RL feelings and not a group you hang out with. And if what you say is true then maybe you should just leave because everything must make you grumpy. Since I've yet to see a post from you that doesn't make you look like a narcisstic person.
post 2 wrote: Every discussion in which Iv participates ends up being about this issue, regardless of what it was about originally. Gosh, I wonder why.
Post 3 wrote:@Jedi gee, I do wonder.

</sarcasm>
You are pretty much the same.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Iv121 wrote:And yet you swear nevertheless, being "polite" is the last thing that comes into your mind when you talk with friends, the swearing is just a proof of it , thus your argument about being more polite becomes irrelevant.
I guess we have a definition of polite then, as I and the people I regularly talk to here don't consider swearing inherently rude.
Iv121 wrote:You are pretty much the same.
That's because they agree, when you agree with someone it's hard to not be the same. But they aren't being mean, they're pointing out the observation that you seem to hijack every discussion that you post in and make it about you, whether it's your fault or theirs.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Iv, you come across as snarky, assholish, holier-than-thou and with an air of "my opinion matters most".

REGARDLESS OF YOUR INTENTIONS, that is how it seems. Do you expect anything other than the same in return? I mean, you're hardly endearing, mate.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:38 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Spoiler:
Professor Fenway wrote: Cats, I don't like you.
catsonmeth wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:08 am

Vinyl you sure didn’t understand , I said there that you are assholes, not that you say the same thing. Post 1 says in direct text "go elsewhere", post 2 is building stereotypes on me that are even less true than my claims above that you ignore basically saying that "Iv ruins every place that he comes to", post 3 basically says "Yeah I wonder why Jedi ... couse its Iv we are talking about , you know that assholish Iv we talk about". Have a look at all of my posts in here, I DIDN'T GO A SINGLE TIME AT YOU AND SEE WHAT YOU PSOTED. MOREOVER WHENEVER I SAY STUFF THAT IS WRONG I APOLOGIZE, IT HAPPENS RARELY BUT IT DOES HAPPEN, I CAN BRING YOU QUOTES, HOWEVER YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO BRING ME A SINGLE, SINGLE TIME ANYONE OF YOU APOLOGIZED TO ME OR EVEN TO EACH OTHER (saw a few times but they pretty much amounted to as many apologizes as I gave). I might be a pessimist but I don't insult people as a fact, have a look at this thread as an example , tell me who was insulted here ,humiliated and showed the door, it doesn't tick me off in fact, what really tick me off is that you refuse to admit that what you said is wrong, that gentlemen combining with your demands is the most assholes you have ever been, congratz, allow me to depart from here for a while, this place makes me want to puke .

Finally back to the politeness topic Vinyl you can't claim you stand by the rules of "etiquette" when you swear that is why I call all those sayings about "being polite with friends" hypocrite, there is a difference between being polite and not insulting people.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:24 am

k

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:59 am

Just my one single post and all this happens. This community sucks.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Tell wrote:Just my one single post and all this happens. This community sucks.
aww, bb.
dnt blam urself
i s not ur folt
s ok bb
Spoiler:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Tell wrote:Just my one single post and all this happens. This community sucks.
You suck. You started this. These offhand insults are almost always criminal generalizations that don't do justice to the scenario and only serve to make the person on the other end quite incensed. I can certainly see where Iv's coming from in his annoyance of your tactlessness.

Although yes, people here stink. I mean maybe it's just because I've been otherwise overloaded with stuff over the past few days, but all I can increasingly see are misguided if not blatantly ignorant political opinions clouding over the steaming pile of shit that is this community's sense of humor these days. It perturbs me, mostly because it can't be helped. If something goes down the toilet from one's subjective standpoint by virtue of the majority wanting it, they can hardly request the opposite without simultaneously being the paragon of uptight selfishness. When such a thing occurs, then, it's simply time to find another place to hang out.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]