Recruitment

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists
Re: Recruitment

Post by CMA » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Oh lord what even is this. As for people staying, I go to College in a month and a half so I have no idea how much I'll be able to post on here.

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:26 pm

CMA wrote:Oh lord what even is this. As for people staying, I go to College in a month and a half so I have no idea how much I'll be able to post on here.

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING.
Ohhh noooo don't leave CMA, that would be baaaddddd.
*wires house with explosives*
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:01 pm

Admiral Vinyl wrote: Because there might actually be, seeing as some of the time you don't seem to understand what people are telling you, making argument/discussion difficult for both.
Know what forget the rhymes they are debatable, but don't you dare dismiss arguments like that because for me it reads like politically correct saying "you are an idiot" because I know English very well, in fact I knew it well enough to get the highest possible score on the national university entrance exams which are relative to the scores of other students or in other words I outscored every single student that took the test with me including native speakers. If you dismiss all of that you basically call me an idiot. You just jump on the opportunity to say it so lightly when I read between the lines or say something you have hard time accepting / understanding instead of actually trying to understand it, in other words you dismiss it as a muttering of an idiot that shouldn't make sense anyway so why bother listening to them ? There is little to no language barrier between us, in fact the language barrier is so minor that someone as intelligent as you should not have any trouble understanding what I say if he tries a little harder, think of it next time before you call me an idiot again.

"Oh Iv heres your language barrier again nobody called you an idiot honey :) ", Just warning you that if you gonna say that you just gonna end up a hypocrite asshole.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Interpretation requires effort, as you yourself say. Effort necessitates motivation, which your personality doesn't really inspire all that much a lot of the time (to be brutally honest). And vinyl's right in that there have been several occasions where miscommunication has completely fucked over a discussion.

I know you're backed in a corner here but please don't be so hostile to vinyl for making an observation. There are no hidden implications in what he said.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:25 pm

What Tiel said, that I had no further implications other than miscommunication, is absolutely true, and when I see what I feel to be an aggressive overreaction for something that I didn't even think could be provocative for a response of that caliber, is what I feel drives the idea that there is a language barrier (which, as you've clarified, does not in fact exist) and that you are aggressive.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Hey you do call me an idiot on every arising opportunity, how am I supposed to react ? Im just returning the pressure put on me, perhaps it feels a little too straightforward because I am straightforward and if I think you are a hypocrite lets say ( not thinking it right now don't worry) there is nothing that keeps me from saying it to you, you hear what I think, no stuff held back, if I were to hold stuff back in discussion with you that means I don't trust you.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Iv121 wrote:Hey you do call me an idiot on every arising opportunity, how am I supposed to react ? Im just returning the pressure put on me, perhaps it feels a little too straightforward because I am straightforward and if I think you are a hypocrite lets say ( not thinking it right now don't worry) there is nothing that keeps me from saying it to you, you hear what I think, no stuff held back, if I were to hold stuff back in discussion with you that means I don't trust you.
Unless you are talking to me and not Tiel in the beginning, I'd like to say I don't seriously call people idiots. I'd like to give you a little hint about returning pressure: if they aren't applying pressure, you look like the one applying the pressure to everyone else. And not telling everyone everything is something everyone but you seems to do, it's what any polite person does, it's not a sign of distrust it's simple courtesy, maybe not for you, but for most other people here it is, and as you should have gathered by this point, being totally straightforward and unfiltered doesn't get you much places.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Iv, stop being an idiot.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:10 am

catsonmeth wrote:Iv, stop being an idiot.
Cats, I don't like you, but god damn do I respect you.

But seriously, sarcasm or anything isn't going to help this issue.

(I posted in the discussion forum for once wooo!)

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:30 am

Admiral Vinyl wrote: Unless you are talking to me and not Tiel in the beginning, I'd like to say I don't seriously call people idiots. I'd like to give you a little hint about returning pressure: if they aren't applying pressure, you look like the one applying the pressure to everyone else. And not telling everyone everything is something everyone but you seems to do, it's what any polite person does, it's not a sign of distrust it's simple courtesy, maybe not for you, but for most other people here it is, and as you should have gathered by this point, being totally straightforward and unfiltered doesn't get you much places.
Well do you prefer that I will dish you out empty, cold, sarcastic comments and compliments that would make you puke out all that you have eaten so far in disgust ? Or perhaps you would like me to hate you quietly waiting for every single opportunity to bite you in the ass and ruin your day ? I might go off in a nova but as a result I don't have any hard feelings for anyone, yeah you say something that upsets me I let it out and we are back to being equals, believe me it is much better than holding a grudge against someone for months like Tiel did to me a good long time ago , eventually he let it all out to (just in tinny portions) and cooled down, I doubt he has anything against me right now. Let it all out with a straight face and be back on equals couse that’s what friends do, I'm sure you are all polite with your friends when you swear freely left right and center with em, so cut the "politeness" crap and keep it for strangers you don't know, they will appreciate it.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:56 am

Iv you talk like the forum is a condom for your RL feelings and not a group you hang out with. And if what you say is true then maybe you should just leave because everything must make you grumpy. Since I've yet to see a post from you that doesn't make you look like a narcisstic person.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:19 am

How does a post about getting new members lead to the ostracism of an existing one? This place..
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 am

Chairman_Tiel wrote:How does a post about getting new members lead to the ostracism of an existing one? This place..
Every discussion in which Iv participates ends up being about this issue, regardless of what it was about originally. Gosh, I wonder why.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:01 am

Well, this escalated quickly.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:32 am

@Jedi gee, I do wonder.

</sarcasm>