Recruitment

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO
Recruitment

Post by Crash Override » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:23 am

This topic is about 2 things. First,we could search for people with interest in helping us. A major distress call to modders and the such!

Now,two: in the futurecraft game,will i be able to enlist to empire and earn ranking there? This could be good if you dont want to be a lone wolf but want to be part of "something bigger"
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Re: Recruitment

Post by Saravanth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:39 am

...Do you remember why we lost all those modders in the beginning? We had NO plan whatsoever, weren't exactly sure what they even were supposed to program, so they left because there wasn't any work.
Also, without Fr0st and Kopernikus, everything is dormant anyway. So expect to play this once you're thirty or something. If at all. You know, I tried a few times to work out a plan, even though in chatbox, and have still an old folder with a bunch of general ideas written out last summer I think (Or the one before, even). But my programming skills don't exceed that of a script kiddie, so I can't really do much, if anything at all. Nor would anyone else here, probably, this is a total conversion++ after all.

And about that second part, well, I guess so. Just replace empire with faction, which includes everything from a three-man team of scavenger-rogues to a strigiforme-esque multidimensional superpower. Wouldn't exactly work without that.

Learn to code, that's all you can do.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:45 am

StrigiTeam is full ATM, but we might recruit more folk in the future.

I feel FC as it was envisioned is hopeless and dead.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:14 am

We cannot be sure whether it's dead or not. We only know that it's embedded in carbonite, and that we don't have the means to unfreeze it. Or necromancers to revive it.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:00 am

I think it would be easier to just to make FC as it's own game, minecraft limits us to Java and it's own physics.
Whereas I go spend five minutes in unity and can a poor quality space flyer.

Also I think we need less misdeed and more just people.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276

Post by Tell » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:33 pm

We've had a full discussion about recruitment and all I remember is Iv yelling at me.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Well now the whole community yells at LS, in fact it doesn't really matter, want to change the situe ? Less talk more work, it all fell apart not because there wasn't a plan but because there was nothing done, Im speaking in semi-rhymes.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well now the whole community yells at LS, in fact it doesn't really matter, want to change the situe ? Less talk more work, it all fell apart not because there wasn't a plan but because there was nothing done, Im speaking in semi-rhymes.
I don't know how you think those words are pronounced, but as far as I can tell nothing in that rhymes at all.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:54 pm

>Let beat run in the background.
>Read Iv's posts.
>Imagine them being rapped/rap them to the beat
>???
>Shekels of profit!

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Talk - work,
plan - done.

They aren't identical but similar hence semi-rhymes, don't put up an act of superiority because you are a native speaker and blame it on some sort of "language barrier" I have, like you always do during arguments.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:17 pm

I have been trying to figure out how one can make those words sound similar using pronounciation and accents, I have failed.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Iv121 wrote:blame it on some sort of "language barrier" I have, like you always do during arguments.
Because there might actually be, seeing as some of the time you don't seem to understand what people are telling you, making argument/discussion difficult for both.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:30 pm

We have a steady member pool. Those that are here are probably going to stay. We don't need any help with the mod because it's dead, and we have all the people we need working with the Strigiteam.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:I have been trying to figure out how one can make those words sound similar using pronounciation and accents, I have failed.
Agreed. The only way those rhyme is if you're intentionally speaking horribly, like somebody on a low-quality TV show trying to be an alien. "No, Picahd, no mah tahk! The Ferengi are dahn negotiating! Now we will wahk, or yah vessahl will be destrayed!"
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Like I said we need more general members and not more workers.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]