So why the hell don't we have this

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: So why the hell don't we have this

Post by cats » Thu May 08, 2014 8:52 pm

The flan's pack doesn't really have much to do with RP.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Fri May 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:And he's correct. While we may, in jest, toss around suggestions and such, we're all aware FC is less than vaporware at this point. While your determinator status is approaching the level of astonishing, frankly, we're going nowhere on the mod.

And I do feel we've missed our window. But in all honesty, I doubt many of us are here for the community (personally, having people to argue with keeps me sane), so I'm not sure what's tying us together. A hope for the mod? Flan's pack? The RPs?
I just come here because it reminds me of when I was a kid, and I have an odd affection for all of you.

Except Vinyl, never Vinyl.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri May 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Icelandic Perehelion wrote:And he's correct. While we may, in jest, toss around suggestions and such, we're all aware FC is less than vaporware at this point. While your determinator status is approaching the level of astonishing, frankly, we're going nowhere on the mod.

And I do feel we've missed our window. But in all honesty, I doubt many of us are here for the community (personally, having people to argue with keeps me sane), so I'm not sure what's tying us together. A hope for the mod? Flan's pack? The RPs?
I just come here because it reminds me of when I was a kid, and I have an odd affection for all of you.

It seems no one is too fond of Vinyl.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Fri May 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Captain Obvious wrote: Except Vinyl, never Vinyl.
Okay, that was obvious.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Fri May 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Daynel wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

It seems no one is too fond of Vinyl.
I was mostly joking.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Fri May 09, 2014 5:28 pm

You two are cut from the same cloth, after all.

/fanfic
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri May 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Back on topic or lock, please.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Fri May 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Kzin wrote:Back on topic or lock, please.
Thank you, oh-so-benevolent moderator.

Oh, wait.
Chairman Tiel wrote:/fanfic
We tried that before, all we wound up with was stuff happening very quickly for a few days and then promptly ceasing to happen. In other words, nope, not happening, nuh-uh.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Fri May 09, 2014 10:10 pm

Tau wrote:

Oh, wait.
I don't understand. As the original posted it is my right under the current rules to request that my thread either return to topic or be locked. What problem do you have with that? You wrote them, after all, oh-so-benevolent self-elected administrator. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You guys took away my powers without warning or reason. Fine, so be it. But if you think that's going to make me stop trying to see that the rules are enforced, you've got another think coming.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat May 10, 2014 12:19 am

Kzin wrote:
Tau wrote:

Oh, wait.
I don't understand. As the original posted it is my right under the current rules to request that my thread either return to topic or be locked. What problem do you have with that? You wrote them, after all, oh-so-benevolent self-elected administrator. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You guys took away my powers without warning or reason. Fine, so be it. But if you think that's going to make me stop trying to see that the rules are enforced, you've got another think coming.
NO ONE GIVES TWO SHITS ABOUT THE RULES. THEY HAVE NO PURPOSE, THEY DON'T MATTER. STOP TRYING TO BE A FUCKING WHITE KNIGHT. JESUS. THEY TOOK YOUR POWERS AWAY BECAUSE YOU'RE ANNOYING, THAT'S THE ONLY POWER OF PERSUASION YOU HAVE. HELL, THAT'S REALLY THE ONLY POWER ANYONE HAS, EVEN ERROR, BECAUSE OUR MEMBERLIST HAS DWINDLED TO A FUCKING MINISCULE FRACTION OF WHAT IT WAS AND IF SOMEONE STARTS BANNING PEOPLE, THAT MIGHT JUST PUSH IT OVER THE EDGE. THE ONLY UNIFYING FORCE OF FC IS THE COMMUNITY, AND THAT PRETTY MUCH GOVERNS ITSELF. SO EITHER STOP TRYING TO DO WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO DO OR TAKE THE FORUM DOWN WITH YOU.

AND WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LOCK THIS THREAD? WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO LOCK THIS TOPIC, WHICH WAS POSTED ON A FUTILE IDEA AND THE DEAD HOPE OF FUTURECREAFT? IT HAS NO PURPOSE, IF YOU WANTED IT TO STAY ON TOPIC YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE REQUESTED A LOCK IN THE OP. OFFTOPIC DISCUSSION AND CONVERSATION ARE THE MOST THESE KINDS OF THREADS ARE EVER GOING TO GET. [/rant]
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Sat May 10, 2014 12:46 am

I entirely forgot that you were the OP, LJS. I can understand why you would want your own topic to stay on the rails, but I didn't quite realize that it was your topic.

I apologize.

As for the 'self-elected admin' part, what am I supposed to do? I don't exercise any sort of remotely moderator-like power, and the fact that I'm the one who owns and runs the server necessitates that I maintain the ability to actually maintain it, so I really can't see why you might be particularly upset, nor do I see how I could reasonably alleviate it.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat May 10, 2014 8:26 am

Locked at OP's request.