FC Trailer Snippet

If it's relevant to Futurecraft, it goes here.
Forum rules
- This area is for general discussion; ideas and ships go elsewhere. Offending threads will be removed without prior notice.
- Unnecessary topics will be deleted or locked without warning.
Tell
Commander
Commander
IGN:tell276
FC Trailer Snippet

Post by Tell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:21 pm

A little something I'm working on. :)

http://youtu.be/GXc5l5MUnkA

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Re: FC Trailer Snippet

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but uhhhhh...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:32 pm

You left in the distances and waypoints of spawn, kindly remove those.

Also for some reason I appear to be fapping in the Osprey, which I swear I was never in.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Tell276 wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but uhhhhh...
^^^
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:34 pm

Vinyl wrote:
Tiel wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but uhhhhh...
^^^
?

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:48 pm

I didn't want to explain because this is probably going to leave you feeling bad, which I don't really enjoy doing, but I'll do it for the sake of your improvement.

Okay, let's look at the definition of a trailer:
a selected group of scenes that are shown to advertise a movie
Taken contextually, it can also refer to a game and footage of it for the purposes of generating hype.

This is a trailer:

Now let's look back at what you have. It adds up to a bunch of gameplay, yes, but with no rhyme or reason and just put to an overused 'epic' song. For reference, here's what you're trying to do done right:

And Tell, half the stuff in that footage isn't even FC, either. You're playing Flan's with a ton of other mods enabled...the vehicle you're driving in the beginning isn't even anything remotely related to futurecraft save for the fact it's sharing the environment prototype is using as a testing platform. In the industry this is known as 'plagiarism' - not even crediting the authors where necessary.

Look, I know you're enthusiastic. You're eager. We've all wanted this to be a thing for some time now. But Futurecraft isn't there yet, and nothing you put together at this point is really going to do it justice. After two years do you really think the best way to show off the mod is a few clips of unedited and, to be blunt, amateur footage of stuff that isn't even ours?

I'm sorry, because I know from personal experience that criticism sucks, but maybe dwell on it a bit and try again later when things are more substantial?
Last edited by Chairman_Tiel on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Needs more ship to ship fighting. Maybe swarming a random mech.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Tell
Commander
Commander

Post by Tell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:05 pm

With was a clip of something thats not done but I wanted to share it with you guys to see what you think so far. I probably should of picked a better title, I don't even know what this is. For all I know it could develop into a video about the server or about the flans pack or something else. I know futurecraft won't be made here, but I also know I'm at least going to do something productive towards the group, and this trailer/video/thing is my answer. Who knows? Maybe it could bring in more members.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Tell wrote: but I also know I'm at least going to do something productive towards the group
Maybe learn java like you said you would..?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:55 am

Well production quality wise it smells with immaturity all around so it is really not the best way to advertise anything, rather scare people away.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Flying in an Osprey, flying in an Osprey... flying in an Osprey... walking around... Two Steps from Hell playing... *emnd*

The part where you're flying around needs to be about a tenth the length, the part where you're walking around needs to be a tenth of the length. Really you shouldn't have much of anything that's a verb followed by "around."
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *