Broadcasts (Unofficial Arc 2.5)

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: Broadcasts (Unofficial Arc 2.5)

Post by cats » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Vinyl wrote:
Prototype wrote:So is this basically a non canon spin off of arc 2?
Basically yeah.

@Wofle, I'd advise having Wealth, Military, Size, and SPI greater than zero.
Also maybe more than what can fit in a corvette. I don't think 50 citizens is enough to classify as a nation.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Empire Name: NeoRoman Hierarchy

Alliance: SDI

Head Persons: Korul Barkus, Head of NeoRoman Security Council. Varus Jotunheim, Hierarch.

Government Type: Hierarchy

Capital: Antioch

Key Planets:

Desic 3-XA System
Spoiler:
NeoRome: Class V Fortress World, Capital Planet

Gordion: Class III Guarded, Population Center
Helion System
Spoiler:
Infernium: Class III Guarded, Production World

Braxis: Class II Light Defense, Research Planet

Boron: Class III Guarded, Fuel Refinery
Korhal System
Spoiler:
Kylian: Class II Light Defense, Population Center
Bluifian System
Spoiler:
Anrix: Class IV Heavily Defended, Rare-Material Mining World

Illius: Class I Backwater, Production World
Triple Helix System
Spoiler:
Helian: Class II Light Defense, Production World

Tyrain: Class I Backwater, Population Center

Lacitus: Class II Light Defense, Commercial World
Joolian System
Spoiler:
Villis: Class III Guarded, Research World

Vagrant: Class I Backwater, Population Center
Unidis System
Spoiler:
Numix: Class V Fortress World, Government Stronghold
Luminus System
Spoiler:
Uridian: Class I Backwater, Population Center
Wealth: 35

Size: 8

Military: 25

Social Progress Index: 42

Technically NeoRome is a superpower.

Also, I think i'm going to throw out Arc III and restart it from scratch. The Perfectum Codice will probably not exist, but until then, Arc III is in hiatus.

Will probably go with an empire RP with a back-plot that can be completely ignored, if people choose. It won't bite unless bitten, really.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:19 pm

Empire Name: Batiss Combine

Alliance: None

Head Persons: Central Council Speakers and Chairmen Karesh'Ni and Ivan Y. G. Tarasov III

Government Type: Provincial Social Republic, Semi-constitutional Monarchical Conglomerate, Constitutional Oligarchy.

Capital: Mundesh

Key Planets:

- Mundesh: Capital of Central province and the Combine.

- Shi: Capital planet of the Noble House Shi. House militia, manufacturing, research (stealth and FTL).
Spoiler:
- Karth: Capital planet of the Noble House Karth. House militia, Economic hub.
Spoiler:
- Merek: Capital planet of the Noble House Merek. House militia, Major Central Military hub.
Spoiler:
- Butik: Capital planet of the Noble House Butik.
Spoiler:
- Karesh: Capital planet of Noble House Karesh. House militia, research, social core apart from Central.
Spoiler:
- Tek Kheel: Capital of Minor House Kheel, major boarder world.

- Tek Kaal: Capital of Minor House Kaal, major outer sphere world, military research and manufacturing.

- Karenthanesh: Inner sphere center for scientific research and development, one of the largest natural reserves.

- Fel: Small world with huge caches of titanium, aluminum, iron, gold, palladium, and other valuable materials.

- Buukarick: Brown dwarf with high levels of fusible hydrogen, He, O2, Ar, Xe, Hg, and a metallic hydrogen/silicate core that shields the orbiting city station, Buul. Makes up part of the trinary star system in the Butik territory.

- Autumn: One of the nearly exclusively human populous centers in the Combine. Notable for its mining and agriculture.

Social Index: 30-50 depending on provincial House (central is 50).

Wealth: 30

Size: 40 star systems inhabited, more have been colonized but lack sufficient population and are outside of the provincial Noble Clans. Population is comprised of ~28 billion Feles, 9 billion human, 900 million Tien, ~1 billion other.

Military: There're 75 planetary defense fleets of varying size, most composing of maintenance vessels for ODPs, but few warships. The offensive armada consists of 50 battlegroups (each containing 5-7 frigate+ class ships) split into 10 fleets. The reserve contains about 200 maintained retired ships. House Militias make up more than a third of the total military power, but are used mainly in civil disputes and planetary defense. The Combine's power rests in its defense. Each world with a major population has a network of ODPs and a defensive fleet, and the entire territory is surrounded by hyperspace and realspace sensor networks (as of 2650).
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:12 am

I'm not sure, but 40 star systems is way OP.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:44 am

ACH0225 wrote:I'm not sure, but 40 star systems is way OP.
It was discussed in Arc 3. 10 systems is really too small for a legitimate empire when the fate of an entire planet can be decided in a single battle, so "systems" was changed to "major systems," which is subjective. The majority of Batiss systems contain population centers and a sizable military force, so most of them are major. It was decided that the number doesn't actually pull much weight.

Seriously, ten systems in fifty thousand square lightyears?
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 am

catsonmeth wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:I'm not sure, but 40 star systems is way OP.
It was discussed in Arc 3. 10 systems is really too small for a legitimate empire when the fate of an entire planet can be decided in a single battle, so "systems" was changed to "major systems," which is subjective. The majority of Batiss systems contain population centers and a sizable military force, so most of them are major. It was decided that the number doesn't actually pull much weight.

Seriously, ten systems in fifty thousand square lightyears?
I think we also agreed in Arc III that size points =/= systems.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:00 am

It is up to the GM to decide, nobody agreed on anything anyway, for example I support size == systems simply because it makes sense and allows you to simplify things without too much of an impact on gameplay.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:22 am

Size = systems works for me, just means I have a shit tonne of point to spend on everything else
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Wolfe
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:TERRA
IGN:Saber_Darkheart

Post by Wolfe » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:29 am

catsonmeth wrote:
Vinyl wrote:
Prototype wrote:So is this basically a non canon spin off of arc 2?
Basically yeah.

@Wofle, I'd advise having Wealth, Military, Size, and SPI greater than zero.
Also maybe more than what can fit in a corvette. I don't think 50 citizens is enough to classify as a nation.
That's the beauty of it, I'm at a HUGE disadvantage and can be consumed by larger empires. There are actually five crewmen left and the Firestar is in a poor state of disrepair, this is why I work with the Zuguthian Empire. You're right, we are not a nation, we are the remnants of a civilization deemed lost
Building civilizations and creating history with my bare hands ;D.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Well just in a universe where 40-system empires are about to bombard each other you won't survive for long, or at least you won't be able to participate in the RP to it's fullest.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:27 pm

It makes more sense for larger factions to have larger military, more wealth, etc. so causing it to consume points really doesn't make sense. Also I'm repeating: at least a hundred thousand cubic lightyears and at least five hundred years of unhindered expansion. Really, the Combine should be a relatively small faction.

If anything, size should be the deciding factor of the amount of points factions receive
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:32 pm

It does actually make sense - when you expand your given number of resources spreads thinner among your systems, meaning that overall your military and economy falls.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:47 pm

But the more planets you own, the more sources you have.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Newsflash

The system Cyyliir-IV has been found to possibly hold habitable worlds. The Strigiforme have yet to begin colonization, but the military holds several ships in system.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Newsflash

The system of Cyyliir-IV has been handed over to the Republic of Acheron, along with the equipment to transform its semi-habitable world into one fully equipped to support large populations of carbon based lifeforms. The terms of this treaty have not been fully revealed.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: