The Invasion

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
The Invasion

Post by Error » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:42 pm

The time has come. The owl nation, the Strigiforme, have invaded our galaxy in a massive, coordinated attack. All attempts to stop them are being crushed, and any atempts to slow them are of little effectiveness. All available militaries have summoned uo their assets and set themselves up for war, but the situation looks grim.

-Story and You-
You have just heard the news of the Strigiforme invasion. Here on out is the time for you to decide how you will deal with this. Join the owls? Fight? Retreat? Attempt escape? The choice is yours.

-The Rulez-
1. You may not godmod, use any OP weapon, ability, ship, or anything.
2. Assume standard RP rules.
3. Rules lawyers will meet horrible ends. Have fun, don't crap in the cornflakes.
4. You may lead factions, but only ones with 200 or less people in them. As in, small gangs and crews.
5. Joining the owls means following their orders. I will manage them unless ACH wishes to do so.

-Players and Skills-
You start off with some skills. At least, I hope you do. You can choose and define your own skills for approval. Such things as use of blades, piloting theory, or astronavigation are all possibilities.

You are encouraged to work in groups, or at least be a heluva badS lone wolf. Remember, the Strigiforme have no mercy for their enemies.

-Application-
Name:
Species and Age:
Skills (Define these):
Location and Proximity to invaders:
Assets (Ships, weapons, and other such items):
Comments and other information:

My own.
Name: Markus X. Skylark
Species & Age: Human, 27
Skils: Piloting (Can fly most spacecraft under corvette size), Shooting (Long range, specifically. Inaccurate in close range combat), Astrpnavigation (Getting between star systems), and Technical (Capable of using and altering electronics and other equipment).
Location: Sigma Lyraes VI, 52 LY from nearest owl fleet. 6 weeks until hostile invasion.
Assets: 1 light freighter, modified; 2 Long Las Rifles (Laser sniper rifles); Technical Repair Kit (electronic interface unit and general repair tools); and 1 stolen EXALT Laser Compression Rifle (Long Las, but far more powerful).

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Re: The Invasion

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:57 pm

I can take kommand.

Name: Cyyr Tyyriik
Species and Age: Strigiforme, ~1100
Skills: Strategy, is a high ranking fleet's commander; knows how to strategy. High Ranking, has a fleet and can request additional assets at the cost of reduced forces elsewhere, also knows the plan. Personnel combat, as a part of Strigiforme officer training. Fire support(ships), knows where the big guns need to shoot.
Location: Strigiforme 5th Fleet, Capital Ship Kyytis, Delta Serpentis, 5 LY from nearest enemy forces
Assets: Capital Ship(x1), cruisers(x7), missile frigates(x9), frigates(x14), supply ships(x32), mobile repairyard(x1), Strigiforme drop group(32 soldiers per, x92) each armed with a yttrium laser rifle(x1), basic Strigiforme anti-energy(plasma, laser) armour(x1), Strigiforme standard issue ballistic sidearm(pistol, x1), and full reloads for both(x2)
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Accepted. For reference, assume that civilian systems fall within 2 days, and military-guarded systems fall in 1 week, or indefinite if they have significant numbers.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Name: Alpha R

Species and age: MKVII engineering rig, 94

Skills: Excellent shot with arm cannon, capable of astronavigation, protonic brain allows for precise manipulation of machinery.

Assets: 1x Bruiser class frigate. Alpha's personal arm cannon + flight unit. Two MK-11 guard rigs armed with mid range plasma cannons.

Image:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Accepted. Have fun with that canon.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:30 pm

When does this invasion occur?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:42 pm

It is occurring now, but only a fairly small portion of the galaxy has been taken. The owls are essentially going blitzkreig, though, so don't count on having lots of time for grand schemes.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Commander Error wrote:It is occurring now,
When you say now, do you mean in the main RP-Verse or do you mean right now in this RP?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm sure this will be denied but whatever.

Name: Luna
Species and Age: Alicorn, Unknown
Skills (Define these): Exceptional psionic capabilities, dream reading.
Location and Proximity to invaders: Cavnin home planet, estimated ten weeks till invasion force overruns the planet.
Assets (Ships, weapons, and other such items): Magic ability, wings, solid friendship with the leader of the Cavnin Nation.
Comments and other information: Seemingly immortal Princess of Equestria. She seeks to find a way to rescue her subjects from the invading fleet. She is looking to the Equestrians closest allies for help.
Last edited by Luna on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:26 pm

FUCK

EVERYTHING.

Just because
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 am

I need to know in which era this RP exists because I would like to have some continuity with the lore of my faction. Is this the first Strigiforme invasion? Because if it is, my faction hasn't even emerged from the Bata Veil. Is this an AU? If so, what new things are there in the new universe? Is the only variable that the Owls are attacking?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:11 am

If CvN gets super powers and dream manipulation, I get a small group of owls who can manipulate dreams too.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:15 am

ACH0225 wrote:If CvN gets super powers and dream manipulation, I get a small group of owls who can manipulate dreams too.
It's not dream manipulation it's just the ability to see others dreams.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Error

Post by Error » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:33 am

Luna, if you remove the magic and dream reading, maybe.

No magical stuff, but I may let ponies in. Just be aware you will get curb-stomped, as the Strigiforme are immune to friendship weapons.

Cats, it takes place beyond our current time, so I will say 2750. We have the tech to fight the owls, but they have huge numbers and are zerging the war.

ACH, no. You get stndard owl stuff.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 am

Commander Error wrote:Luna, if you remove the magic and dream reading, maybe.
Well that kinda takes the point away so I'm out.
"The Sky is the Limit"