The Invasion

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: The Invasion

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Nobody has anything capable of completely neutralizing psionics, but they can be temporarily suppressed by unconciousness or speacialized dampening fields. If you know about Mobian psionics, you can build the dampening field.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:19 pm

Considering the Strigiforme have some really special plans for the Mobians, I'd say they do. Now stay unconcious.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:19 pm

*thump*
zzzzzz...

(People. Post things. Please.)

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Is it just me or has this turned into a slightly more adult version of the classic kindergarden game "You can't hit me cause I got a shield oh well I got a bomb that can destroy your shield"?
And I'll post something soon-ish. Trying not to suck at writing takes time.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:25 pm

OOC.
You'll note the only reason the owls are winning is numbers. If you find a way to trim those numbers, well done.

If you mean the whole thing with Markus, it IS a military vessel, they would likely be carrying a great many soldiers.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Cyytiil hastily put on his environment suit as the ship was destroyed.

He barely closed his helmet as the bridge window was blown out, sucking the entire room into space. Cyytiil was thrown out of the ship, and explosions lit up his visor. Everything was silent- he could only hear his own breathing, and the occasional ping of metal hitting his suit. He watched as the ship was torn apart by laser weapons. A bright-red laser sliced through the left wing of the battleship, secondary explosions being set off by the laser's extreme heat. He turned away. 500 people were dead because of his miscalculation.

He floated in space for a long time, contemplating. He knew he couldn't just give up. And so he turned on his distress beacon and turned around, facing the patrolling N.C.S.D fleet as it combed through the wreckage of the Xen.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm

(Public Hyperwave Broadcast, from Lyra to all recieving craft)

Strigiforme invasion force is moving galactic east. All sector galactic west of P3X 242, the Phraxx system, are considered hostile territory. Advise all civilian and commercial vessels avoid all stated areas. Updated galactic maps available upon request.

(Musical signoff tune)

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:53 pm

OOC: sorry, lost track.

And Fenway, did I not say CRH system was under complete lockdown? Why the hell is there an NSCD fleet there?

Unless they were caught outside the lockdown,

Anyways should I assume control of said fleet temporarily?

BIC:

:::DEEP SPACE:::

"Sir, attempts to contact high command have failed, though we did ping a few other outlying vessels caught outside the lockdown"

Alpha R though about this

"Where exactly are said vessels" Alpha asked

"Well we made contact with an Extinctor class roughly 100 light years from here, they were under fire from the Stirgiforme, from what their comm officer sent us, they didn't make it, though they caught the invaders by surprise and tore a hole in that wings command vessel"

Alpha walked across the bridge

"Any contact with Skytherian vessels?"

"One, captured by the enemy mere minutes ago"

"Status of ARK-1?" Alpha asked

"Enemy scouts passed by, reports indicate they were shot down within mere minutes of entering the system, it's expected a full siege will follow"

"And any word on... That system?"

"Negative sir, High command won't publish that data"

Alpha sat down in the Bruiser class's command chair, the cloak was deactivated, but they were far far into deep space, they could stay hidden there for some time, the safest place to be would be the ARK, but nobody was getting in, high command was shooting down its own units if they breached the lockdown. Another ARK station might provide a tricky obstacle for the invading forces, but it would be just as hostile to allies, there was no refuge to be found there. They had contacted multiple other NSCD vessels, both cut off like they were, perhaps if Alpha could organise these vessels together, he could have a small fleet, perhaps enough to repel a enemy attack. However, the question is who would lead it. Alpha R was not quite the original Alpha, while he shared his DNA and some of his memories, he had not inherited his judgement, perhaps there was a commander in one of the isolated vessels.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:03 pm

Space, an infinity of stars and planets. No one knows exactly how big or how old.
And now, a group of small fighters and cargo ships were flying around in it, like jetskis in the middle of a large ocean.
"So where are we going?" someone asked over the comm system.
"No idea" Miguel answered. "We're basically just roaming around looking for other fighting groups, remember?"
"Really, any ideas are appreciated" it came from Miguels friend and co-leader (His name was Charles, btw).
"I know a place where we can at least have a good time before we die" someone came with.
"You mean that place with the beach and the club and the hotel and all that?" another one said. "I doubt there's still anyone there, everyone's guaranteed to have evacuated by now."
"Hey, y'all know Macarosta?" it came from one of the cargo ships.
"What, colony 14?" Miguel responded.
"Yeah, that one. Well, they got lotsa supplies and guns n' stuff, so they should be preparing to fight. Think they got some ships too, a store or a military base or somethin'."
"I think he might be onto something." Charles said.
"You heard that, everyone? Set your warp drives to Colony 14, or Macarosta, whatever you know it as."
And so the small group of ships disappeared, back into the endless space, their meaninglessness not leaving a single trace.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:54 pm

ACH, it''s like you write in countermeasures to everything on the spot and then act all indignant when people have to invent superpowers to weasel out of the unenjoyable deathtraps you create. The key to a successful RP is allowing just enough quarter for the other person(s) to maneuver around in and respond to your own roleplay in a mutually constructive manner. It can't be 'Strigiforme #1 or else asspull' all the time or people just start to leave out of boredom.

My two cents. Will have an actual post up soon, XCOM's been eating my time lately.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:08 pm

This is because I have a plot point to reach and things had to happen.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:12 am

Prototype, the fleet is a rogue fleet.

They are currently in a seemingly insignificant (?) system known as Balkanize XI-28817, part of a cluster of about 50 stars within 30 light years. XI-28817 only contains one planet. Nothing is known about said planet; an extremely powerful, fluctuating magnetic field, on par with that of a Magnetar, preventing any ship from coming within 200,000 km.

Plot points later. Cannot reveal them at this time.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 am

When the Strigiforme gunship docked, Benny took a small device. It was a translator designed to translate into the language of the Strigiforme, just in case they would try to interrogate him without actually being able to understand his language. When the boarding party reached the bridge, he exclaimed: "I think I can help you."
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 am

I undertand, Tiel, XCOM is a lot of fun until you look at the clock.

RP wise, if anyone has a major plot arc they want to happen, PM it to me and I'll try to wrangle events to let most of them happen.

ACH, plot or no, you can't just keep asspulling countermeasures. It hasn't been too bad so far, but try to keep things reasonable.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Well, I'll stop.

The soldiers readied their weapons, pointing them at the lone Mobian. An officer strode forwards, using his translator to respond. "Really? Well, we'll have to have a conversation about that. As it stands, we're going to have to take you into custody." The officer pulled out a standard pair of handcuffs, and gestured for the Mobian to put his hands behind him.

The Mobian was hesitant, but with the persuasiveness of a lot of guns, did so. The officer put the cuffs on him, then calmly pistol whipped the Mobian, knocking him unconscious.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: