The Invasion

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: The Invasion

Post by cats » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:43 am

My apologies (also sorry about this overused excuse), but I currently have limited internet access am unable to refine and submit my application.

Also if anyone is looking for a not-too-pervy (okay a little pervy) anime dating sim/graphic novel(s) that will make your feels meter explode, I highly recommend Katawa Soujo (NSFW)
Lolwut?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:49 am

Tiel has a cruiser and frigates, and Fen has an owl-tech battleship. An entire advanced battlegroup I guess is going a little overboard. How about one planetary assault cruiser and a small destroyer?

ASSETS:

-1 Merekiin-Class cruiser, optimized for Planetside Assault.
Spoiler:
- Dual fusion reactor systems (center-fore and center-aft)
- Advanced Slip-Merge Drive (center, information on slip-merge drives can be found here)
----- Slip-Merge Drive has increased Slipbubble casting range, which makes it a more viable weapon
----- Ability to function as an ActiveVoid shield
----- XL capacitor banks take space that would usually be taken by two 118.11 caliber (3m bore) hull-length MACs
- Passive DarkStar stealth coating
- 5 heavy drop tubes
- 30 personnel drop tubes
- 2 light dropships
- Crew: 175
- Drop Marines: 18
- Former NavSpecWar Ops: 7
- 5 mechs, 4 MBT, several light vehicles

- 6 TriLight Light Gauss Cannons (4 topside, 2 belly)
- 2 missile racks (volley of 20 small missiles can be fired from each)
- 3 torpedo tubes (fore)
- 1 100 megaton autodestruct
- 3 standard variable-yield fission-fusion nuclear warheads (20 KT-1MT)
- 2 heavy lasers
- 30 Daisy Cutter MOABs (drop tubes facing planetside)
- 40 pulse laser missile defense turrets
- 20 2cm AA turrets

- Narok-class destroyer (meant for defense of the Merekiin-class)
Spoiler:
- 1 fusion reactor
- Passive stealth coating
- Slip-Merge Drive
----- more compact than the Cruiser's, less weaponizable.
- 100 MgT autodstruct
- 2 variable yield warheads
- 2 missile racks, 10 missiles per volley
- 1 large torpedo tube
- 2 TriLight Heavy Gauss Cannons
- 1 light ship-length MAC
- 2 ion cannons
- 20 pulse laser AMS
- 5 2cm AA guns

- 50 crew
Personal assets are the same.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:42 am

This is moving away from the idea of INDIVIDUAL rp, but fine.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:35 am

I always thought it was the child of individual and empire, but ok.

"Commander, another unknown has been detected! Scans show it as a Mobian freighter. They are transmitting a message of surrender."

"Move us into intercept course, launch a wing of interceptors. Prep some boarding squads and an interrogation room."

"Aye, Commander!"

The Mobian ship, now strafed by Strigiforme interceptors with lots of missiles, and coming ever closer to a Strigiforme capital ship, was pretty much helpless.

Meanwhile on the Unyielding...

The human freighter, after hitting the protective forcefield several times like a fly in a window, had begun to melt from the heavy laser fire from the Strigiforme gunship. It collapsed to the hangar floor, it's engines faintly whirring, heavily melted. The Special Forces inside, relatively unharmed, breached the door to the cockpit with a combination of plasma torches and explosives, rushed into the room and captured the human.

(Also, in case Ivan's ship is a bomb, Ivan's ship will be boarded with a gunship full of really good special forces, to prevent explosion on capital ship shenanigans)
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Said human wasn't going down without a fight, and lased the first owl through the door before blasting off the topside escape hatch and crawling out. hopping across the melting metal, he jumped to the deck and sprinted for cover, spraying fire at the gunship.(ACH, two options. Zero, you let him go, and I carry out my planned story arc. One, you capture him, and fun times occur. You can pick)

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Another missile impacted the Xen, and they were running out of time.

Cyytiil hastily raised his wing and struck the holographic display. The display briefly scrambled before reforming as a new window. Communications. He punched in his bypass code to override communication filters. A few seconds of silence before a channel opened between him and the other ships.

"You god damn owl bastard!" cried the pilot of one of the civilian vessels. This one was a hospital ship. Based on the readout, it carried nearly 1000 people. About 600 of them were wounded from the planetary bombardment. "Leaving us to die..."

"I had no choice," Cyytiil said, anger rising within him. "Either we died to save you, or we lived to save countless others." Cyytiil punched in a few numbers as another missile struck Xen. The ship pitched and began heading towards the station.

"It is your mission to stop the invasion..."

"We already lost," Cyytiil said. He could barely conceal his rage at this point. "We can't stop the invasion forces. The best we can do is save who we can and evacuate." The AI sounded a tone- the ship was in position. "Now, I suggest you leave immediately."

"The gravity well prevents us..." started the Hierarch, interjecting at this point.

"We have that covered." Cyytiil flipped open a small cover and pushed the small red button behind it with extreme deliberation. After a second, it was completely pressed down. It lit up and the ship momentarily shook.

A hexagonal grid began forming around the ship. The grid expanded and went right through the neck of the station. A series of explosions rocked the station and it split in half, folding on itself. The shield grid collapsed and an explosion struck the Xen. The small fleet jumped away as the gravity well collapsed, leaving the station for death in a core collapse.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Commander Error wrote:Said human wasn't going down without a fight, and lased the first owl through the door before blasting off the topside escape hatch and crawling out. hopping across the melting metal, he jumped to the deck and sprinted for cover, spraying fire at the gunship.(ACH, two options. Zero, you let him go, and I carry out my planned story arc. One, you capture him, and fun times occur. You can pick)

He's on an owl cruiser with a ship that's mostly melted and full of special forces. He's going to be captured and taken for interrogation which mostly involves losing body parts until they say something interesting.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Then make a post.
Also, lopping off body parts might produce fun stuff, so who knows?

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:42 pm

The human leaped from a hatch in his ship, sprinting quickly to the cover of some storage crates. Immediately, the gunship hovering nearby began firing its heavy lasers, warping the surface of the crates. Special Forces soldiers also began streaming out of the ship firing their incendiary bullets at the ground between the ship and the man. The human fired off a few shots at the gunship, but his lasers did little but scorch the heavy plating. Meanwhile, a red alert had been issued, and security owls began coming out of the hatches and corridors leading to the hangar bay.

Being well and truly surrounded, the soldiers closed in. The human stood and threw his gun away, raising his hands above his head. They put his hands behind his back, broke his arms and legs, and marched him to a Faraday cage enclosed holding cell.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:06 pm

(Wow. Faraday? Talk anout paranoia.)

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:29 pm

The Strigiforme aren't messing around; they can afford to be paranoid because if they aren't, they'll lose.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:40 pm

....they're zergrushing the entire bloody galaxy. Even if they get slowed down, they're still steamrolling almost everybody, with the exception of the Tein and the (to an extent) NeoRomans.

BIC.

Markus woke up, dazed, and looked around. Cell. Not dead. Good start, that....and guards. Things were looking up. He raised his head and looked at his limbs. Broken...well, mostly. That was annoying. He coughed, loudly, and stared pointedly at a guard.

"So am I gonna have a chat with your excuse for a commander, mate, or am I gonna have to do this on my own?"

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:48 pm

The guard, noticing the prisoner was awake, glanced down. His visor, covering his eyes, did not relay his contempt for him. The heavy door which locked him in the room was silent. There were bars between him and the prisoner, but they were separated enough that the prisoner could grab him. Instead, the guard decided that the prisoner was likely unneeded anytime soon, and shot him with a tranquilizer round from his tranq gun.

(If he's somehow immune, he gets shot again.)
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Markus blinked at him and slumped over. When he did so, the ship's sensors registered a low-level psionic pulse.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:14 pm

The ships sensors suite, capable of detecting psionics because of the risk of Mobian psionic tech, issued a class 3 alert to the prison bay. In the guard's visor, a notice popped up to immediately put on his gas mask. The room was then pumped full of knockout gas from microvents in the back wall. The room outside was also pumped with knockout gas to be sure, and their guards were notified.

(Do the Strigiforme have any special anti-psionic drugs or clubs?)
mfw brony images
Spoiler: