Unsuccessful RPs

Post yer RPs here.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Unsuccessful RPs

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Well the ones who do the math are the GMs for you which is why I kept it fairly easy in my model, all you need to do is to decide where do you spend your daily points and then use your strengths and weaknesses cleverly to destroy your opponents.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:33 pm

ACH0225 wrote:I have to research math formulae.
That sounds fun, though.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:04 pm

ACH0225 wrote:When Iv is in charge, I have to research math formulae. When people who are not Fenway, Iv, or a few others are in charge, ponies have instakill god mode
When? When have we done that!?
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Why do the empire RPs have to be advanced strategy games anyways?
There's, like, one or two persons who haven't played those kind of games.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:00 am

Well that’s what they are, I wanna see you making non-strategy "Empire RP" unless you just plan to host all of the faction lore in one place and call it "RP" , because as I said stories we can all write separately, the point in RPs is the interaction with other players, and in Empire RPs the interaction with other players means interaction with other nations, the very core of it's strategy based gameplay.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:55 am

Iv121 wrote:Well that’s what they are, I wanna see you making non-strategy "Empire RP" unless you just plan to host all of the faction lore in one place and call it "RP" , because as I said stories we can all write separately, the point in RPs is the interaction with other players, and in Empire RPs the interaction with other players means interaction with other nations, the very core of it's strategy based gameplay.
^This.
Where Strategy is complemented by economic, political and PR actions/decisions.
You could make an RP of various national leaders sitting in one place and doing stuff, but that would be ridonculous.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:15 am

Ivan2006 wrote: You could make an RP of various national leaders sitting in one place and doing stuff
:3
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Instead of trying to shove an RTS into galactic-scale, textual DnD, maybe we should make an actual RTS! Oh... Oh, we've tried that before? Erhm... carry on.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:19 pm

I am still working on it, just a lot more slowly since I have to make my own designs now.

Like this thing:

I haven't really been keeping anyone posted, something that's probably going to continue until I have something playable.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:16 pm

Tiel wrote:I am still working on it, just a lot more slowly since I have to make my own designs now.

Like this thing:

I haven't really been keeping anyone posted, something that's probably going to continue until I have something playable.
Bugger I forgot you were doing that...

You've been drawing up all these designs in 3D? I might be able to use some of those.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:43 pm

In regular modelling you have vertices and triangles between them. At the most basic level these triangles are 'drawn' between vertices and thereafter meshed together to resemble 2D concept art. Since I'm also making the designs instead of having interested parties do it while I model, my output is basically halved and things are going pretty slowly. Anyway, because of the aforementioned system, conventional 3D models aren't compatible with minecraft as they don't conform to the whole idea of individual boxes of varying sizes and shapes being manipulated together to create an object. So if you want the raw files I can give you them, but they're probably not going to be that useful unless you want to make reference pics for Techne.

You didn't get back to me on the whole texturing thing tho :[
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Tiel wrote:In regular modelling you have vertices and triangles between them. At the most basic level these triangles are 'drawn' between vertices and thereafter meshed together to resemble 2D concept art. Since I'm also making the designs instead of having interested parties do it while I model, my output is basically halved and things are going pretty slowly. Anyway, because of the aforementioned system, conventional 3D models aren't compatible with minecraft as they don't conform to the whole idea of individual boxes of varying sizes and shapes being manipulated together to create an object. So if you want the raw files I can give you them, but they're probably not going to be that useful unless you want to make reference pics for Techne.

I did, but it wasn't of any use to you, the trick doesn't work on higher res textures.

And ref pics for Techne is pretty useful, I'm trying to design a few as I've realised while I can make the models of Cat's designs, the textures are going to be very distorted due to heavy shapebox use. Of course if you've made some already it's a lot easier to adapt that for Techne use than to draw up a whole design.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:28 pm

I was asking about the technique because I'm hoping to figure out how to texture the UVs like some of the people I know, but that's going to take some time. It would really be better to have something playable out there with 16x textures and release HD skins in an update instead of waiting three months for Tiel to discover how to effectively use multipurpose diffuses.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

CMA
Captain
Captain
Affiliation:Byzantine Falangists

Post by CMA » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:17 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Instead of trying to shove an RTS into galactic-scale, textual DnD, maybe we should make an actual RTS! Oh... Oh, we've tried that before? Erhm... carry on.
I'm starting to think the RTS is going to happen sooner than the mod itself, maybe.
"Being a christian democrat is like being a christian satanist" - Adam Berces

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:53 am

Tiel wrote:In regular modelling you have vertices and triangles between them. At the most basic level these triangles are 'drawn' between vertices and thereafter meshed together to resemble 2D concept art. Since I'm also making the designs instead of having interested parties do it while I model, my output is basically halved and things are going pretty slowly. Anyway, because of the aforementioned system, conventional 3D models aren't compatible with minecraft as they don't conform to the whole idea of individual boxes of varying sizes and shapes being manipulated together to create an object. So if you want the raw files I can give you them, but they're probably not going to be that useful unless you want to make reference pics for Techne.

Oh... Er, I thought you'd dropped the whole thing. I'd be happy to provide some more concepts if you'll take them, I have a few right now because Proto's Flan's pack is apparently too good for my likes :*( (jk Proto, you're a busy man).
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *