Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Serpent's Venom

Post by cats » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:28 pm

NAME: ALEKSANDER KERENSKY IETYL III

FINAL WORDS:

Greetings, my beautiful mechwarriors. How lovely, to see all of you here, and may I say it's been an honor serving over and alongside you. Unfortunately, the time has come that I must bid you all a... farewell. I trust that my successor will guide you along the path adequately, honorably, and I trust that you have the ability to guide yourselves.

You may begin! Let Exile Serpent stand!

TIME OF DEATH: 02:23 3/4/3065

A technician sat at his post, monitoring sensor readouts of the area around the HyperPulse Generator. He was only paying half attention. This day, like any other, would most likely be just another uneventful revolution. He looked out of the large window that separated him from the cold vacuum of the microplanet Seraph and began to doze. He was awakened by a ping from one of the monitors, indicating a energy emission. Something struck the window and the technician tumbled outward along with evacuated air. His last sight was a Kit Fox atop the defensive wall, its missile tube radiating smoke.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Battletech AU

The Second Clan Invasion has begun. Clan Exile Serpent has been building for hundreds of years, outside the reach of even the most peripheral of the other Clans, amassing military might, technology, and strategy rivaling the combined strength of the New Star League. Their armory includes mechs of both Inner Sphere and Clan design. Their pilots are ferocious and viciously intelligent. Their directive is to fulfill what the other Clan invasion had not, to bring the Star League to its knees and restructure it from the ground up. Of course, the other remaining Clans must be punished for their failure.

Our RP will begin on one Periphery world, Junction. Junction is a major populace center, mining capital, and battleground of a mounting Steiner-Davion war. It is among the first targets of Exile Serpent. The other Noble Houses also have their eyes on Junction and have a notable presence in the area.

Unfortunately, all ComStar HyperPulse Generators in the area are offline for some reason. Information to and from the IS will travel slowly.

The character's role in this is entirely up to the RPer. You may be a Steiner or Davion combatant, a Liao-hired merc, an old Clanner looking for an honorable death in battle, an Exile Serpent pilot, etc.

CRASH COURSE IN BT LORE (this is what I used to write this OP. BT lore is one of the most complex out there): Inner Sphere 1Inner Sphere 2Inner Sphere 3

Mechs
Spoiler:
Classic, IS, Clan mechs are allowed. There are a lot (something like 600), so try picking one that fits your role (if you're a clanner, you might want to choose a clan mech, if you're Liao, possibly go with a Liao mech, ect.)

Each chassis has a weight limit, pay attention to your weapons and equipment loadout. GM will not allow an overtaxed chassis (I don't really care, just don't put four AC/20s on a Raven.)

A complete list is here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:BattleMechs
Weapons
Spoiler:
ENERGY: No ammo required, but high amount of generated heat.

-Lasers come in small, medium, and large. These basic variants can be subdivided with prefixes like ER (Extended Range) Clan (better than base), Pulse (higher ROF), and X-Pulse (longer range, higher heat, higher ROF).

-Flamers are plasma accelerators that function like mech-scale flamethrowers. While they have short-range and low damage, they can overload a target's heatsinks and cause internal damage. Especially annoying to the target if they have many energy weapons.

-PPCs, or Particle Projection Cannons, function similarly to a ballistic weapon in that they are line-of-sight projectile weapons. High damage, high heat generation. There are also ER PPCs and heavy PPCs.

MISSILE: missile. Most individual missiles do small damage, so they are fired in clusters.

-LRM, or Long Range Missile systems, come in racks of 5, 10, 15, and 20 missile-per-shot. LRMs are guided munitions that follow an arc path to their target, allowing the mech to stay out of the direct fire line.

-MRS, or Medium Range Missile systems, are mid-range racks that come in 10, 20, 30, and 40. MRMs have the highest damage potential, as they come in the largest numbers, but are unguided and require skill to use. Skill that I will allow you to fabricate if your writing is pretty.

-SRM, or Short Range Missile systems, come in 2, 4, and 6. SRMs are unguided rockets.

-Streak SRMs are guided verions of the SRMs. They also come in 2, 4, and 6, but are slightly heavier and will not fire unless there is a target lock.

-Thunderbold Missile. If thinking that it's stupid that MRMs come in a cluster of 40 missiles instead of just one big one, then this is probably a good investment. They're big, bulky, slow to cycle, and pack a hell of a wallop.

BALLISTIC: Guns, free-fire projectile weaponry. Requires ammo.

AutoCannons (abv. AC/#) Come in 2, 5, 10, and 20. The number indicates the size of the shell fired. The smaller the AC, the lighter the weapon, less damage, higher ROF, and longer the range. ULTRA Autocannons have a much higher ROF, but have a higher likelihood of jamming.

LB-X Autocannons: They're basically shotguns that fire a cluster of projectiles. Like a shotgun. Imagine a shot gun scaled up to fucking huge. Like a really large shotgun. They come in 2, 5, 10, and 20 ***This time the number indicates the number of projectiles, therefore the damage***

Gauss Rifles are like sniper rifles. Slow ROF, big and bulky, relatively delicate, very long range, really high damage. There are smaller versions that are less big and bulky. They're called "Light Gauss Rifles."

Machine Gun Array: Small, light, high ROF, does negligible damage. Useful against smaller vehicles and personnel, also BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA.
Equipment
Spoiler:
Sensor Array: Senses things like mechs and vehicles. Advanced sensors are better.

ECM: Electronic CounterMeasures. Jams sensors, makes it harder to obtain locks, cancels out other ECMs.

AMS: Anti Missile Systems blow up missiles before they gut you, like a machine gun the mech wears on its shoulder.

LAMS: Laser Anti Missile System. Like AMS, but with lasers.

Jump Jets: Some mechs can equip these nifty magnetoplasma ion thrusters that allow it to jump small distances. They use MercurySteam.

Beagle Active Probe: Enhances sensors and the locking ability of mechs.

Ammunition for missiles, ballistics, AMS. Missiles and AC ammo can explode, so make sure you have a CASE!

CASE: Ammo case, protects ammo so it wont explode.

Engines: Engine ratings indicate the power. XL engines are lighter, but are larger and more vulnerable.

RULES

I am Master.
I will kill you.
You will probably die if you play fair.
When you die, I will give you permission to make a new character.
Mechs must be canon (use a canon chassis)
You have access to all mechs in the BT universe, with some specific restrictions.
No aliens.
If one person says "mecha" I will obliterate you with a conveniently placed ground-based mobile orbital gun.
Daynel, if you argue with me I will destroy everything you hold dear.
If you have any questions, there are plenty of wikis. Feel free to ask me, as well.
Godmodding is bad.

PILOT APPLICATION

Pilot Name:

Personality:

Specialties:

Affiliation: ** I may force you people into lances if you share affiliation **

Backstory (Brief):

Music (I suggest something epic) and Image: Optional

BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: **No superheavies**

Mech:

Weaponry:

Top Speed: Dependent on the weight class and engine.

Equipment:

Image (please use the most recent one you can find, early ones look awful):

**Luck bonus if you do everything right the first time**
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Re: Serpent's Venom

Post by Error » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:32 pm

I assume those of us who posted apps on the old old forum need not post again?

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Spoiler:
Pilot Name: Vandess Natierel "Crudgel"

Personality: Grim, sometimes bitter, vicious, but tactically logical.

Specialties: Long-range ballistics.

Affiliation: Black Sun's Breath (Currently employed by House Davion)

Backstory (Brief): Abandoned the Smoke Jaguars just before the beginning of Operation: Bulldog (which wiped the Jaguars from the Inner Sphere), and joined the Black Suns. She deserted along with her dropship pilot during a skirmish which had left all of her lancemates dead.
Her prized Shadow Cat MkII was left mostly intact.

Music:http://www.youtube.com/v/MwB0quGmhD8

BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: Heavy

Mech: Shadow Cat MkII

Weaponry: 1 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle, 2x Clan Ultra AC-2, 2 medium lasers.

Top Speed: 84 Km/h

Equipment: Jump Jets, LAMS, Advanced Optics

Image:Image

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pilot Name: Jack 'Lighter' Cintier

Personality: Warm, friendly, Calming

Specialties: Scouting, Guerilla fighter,

Affiliation: Lone Wolf

Backstory (Brief): At the age of 25 he was drafted into the military to fight in some war. Deserted soon after his 10th battle and kept his Mech. Went into the merc business and this where we find him today.

Music (I suggest something epic) and Image:
Spoiler:
http://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/trac ... rld-died-2
BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: Light

Mech: Firefly

Weaponry: LB-X Autocannon 5, Laser Clan med, Flamer, SRM 4

Top Speed: 86.4 km/h,can jump up to one hundred and twenty meters,

Equipment: GM 150, Lexington Lifters, Array, CASE, ECM  

Image (please use the most recent one you can find, early ones look awful):Image

Pilot Name: Markus Terranus

Personality: Funny, fun-loving, and generally lighthearted. Deadly (ha, ha) serious when required to be.

Specialties: Long-range ballistics and energy weapons.

Affiliation: Mercinary (Originated in House Davion)

Music and Image:
Spoiler:
Cool Music:
[flash(425,350)]http://www.youtube.com/v/Mq-yLC7wyKs[/flash]
Cool Image:

BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: Heavy

Mech: RFL-3N Rifleman (passed down through the family - now over 125 years old. Still works, mostly)

Weaponry: x2 Large Lasers, x2 AC/5s, x2 Medium Lasers

Top Speed: 67 km/h (due to modifications)

Equipment: Advanced Sensor Array, ECM Array, CASE, Standard-fit engine.

Image: Image

Pilot Name: Jordan

Personality: Quiet, she speaks as little as possible and keeps her distance from people.

Specialties: Odd familiarity and skill with light mech classes.

Affiliation: Mercenary

Music (I suggest something epic) and Image: [flash(425,350)]http://www.youtube.com/v/SdUGTKF8MEE[/flash]

BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: Light, 20 tons

Mech: Locust, 3M variant.

Weaponry: two sm lasers, three med laser.

Top Speed: 129.5 kmph.

Equipment: AMS, Anti missile system. CASE. std engine. Sensor array.

LOCATION: ABOARD BLACK SUN'S BREATH UNION-CLASS DROPSHIP, FINAL DESCENT THROUGH ATMOSPHERE OF JUNCTION, SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE, HIETAL CONTINENT

HIETAL, JUNCTION

TERRAIN: KARST, BROKEN HILLS

AMBIENT TEMPERATURE: 17C

ATMOSPHERE: NITROGEN 76% OXYGEN: 22% OTHER 2%

DROP LANCE: BSB A-3

Markust Terranus: : Rifleman RFL-3N (custom)

Vandess Natierel: Crudgel: Shadow Cat II (omni-custom)

Jack Cintier: Lighter: Firefly (custom)

Jordan: : Locust LCT-3M (custom)

Black Sun's Breath BSB A-3 Mission Objective:

There's a small Steiner base to the west, we want you to take it. Expect minimal resistance, the fortifications have been pounded by what we believe is a civilian retaliation force. Probably some Davion loyalists, we don't actually know, sensor net in this area is down. Steiner forces in the area are probably still running scouts, so watch your back. Enemy Orbital Guns will be down for approx. 24 hours.

________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________

The Dropship shuddered as it impacted the inner atmosphere. There was a brief period of silence before retrothrusters activated, slowing the ship to a survivable velocity. It touched down lightly on the bank of a deep highland lake, two of its landing fins partially submerged. As the lance waited for the door to lower, gentle rapping could be heard through the hull, growing louder as time passed. The Union-class dropship fired its heavy laser array and lowered its doors. An gauss rifle round flew through the door and impacted the far wall of the mech bay, luckily missing the four occupants. Standing on a ridge about one kilometer away was a Hunchback and a Hollander.

Hunchback: 50 ton. AC-10, 4x med lasers, 1x small laser.

Hollander: 30 ton. Gauss rifle.

Theme for this portion:
Spoiler:
Last edited by cats on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error

Post by Error » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Pick up where we left off, or start the story over, then, Lance Leader?

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Vandess powered up, felt her mech's reactor thrum to full power and her mind connect to it through her helmet. She reached down, slammed the throttle to full and disengaged the dropship's clamps. The Hollander fired at the ship again, its gauss slug striking the frame of the massive door. Vandess took advantage of the weapon's cycle time and bolted toward the vacant hatch, charging her own HAG capacitors. Before following Terranus to cover, she took aim and fired her ranged weapons. The HAG sputtered, sending a string of armor-piercing slugs toward the Hollander, her AC2s belched fire as they expelled their own AP rounds. The Hollander retreated from the lip of the ridge, and was replaced with the Hunchback, which fired its AC-10. The heavy shell impacted the ground near Vandess's Shadow Cat, kicking a roostertail of gravel as it embedded itself. She continued to run to Markus's position behind a crag hill.

"Crudgel reporting, up and around. At least two on the ridge to the north. Light, J, status report."
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:21 am

Terranus muted his comms, cussed, unmuted, and volleyed his lasers again. Finding some rocks for cover, he lined up carefully and blasted both AC/5s, driving two AP shells into the Hunchback's torso. He opened comms.

"Lead. If you can keep his attention on you for a moment, I can disarm him. If not, I will shift north and try to get up on that hill to shoot down and get a look at what else is around here."

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:01 pm

"Good, stay behind cover, don't get too close, that AC will show you daylight."

Vandess activated the Cat's jump jets, flew up to a point where the barrel of her Gauss and autocannons leveled with the hill they were using for cover. She zoomed in with her optics array, pulled the triggers and sent several semi-solid light gauss slugs to the hollander, which returned fire and fortunately missed. She scanned the mech before the Cat fell back to the ground. Several solid hits along the Hollander's torso, a few rounds had glanced the cockpit.

"Now, before the gauss cycles!"
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Jordan hastily left the dropship finding cover with Vandess. "Shadow Cat II this is Locust, i'm right behind you. Vandess I'm running around to flank them," her battle mech sprinted out and around the ridge the enemies were on. She climbed up the dirt ramp and peeked over it firing all five of her lasers. She quick turned tail and fled running out of sight and away from gunfire.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Markus chimed in "Stand by, Leader," and sited. pulling into his triggers, his lasers spat red energy into the Hollander. As it began to turn, he fired a barrage of autocannon and watched as the shells tore open the damaged torso, tearing into the gyros and targeting systems. Letting out a muffled cheer, Mark switched back to the Hunchback and lased it, worrying armor vrom the left arm and torso.